ADVERTISEMENT

Hummel on Purdue's Loss and Fans Getting on Painter

Dane Fife was there, and he said earlier this week that he would have liked to see Painter try an offense without Zach, when it became apparent FDU was going to take him away, and our “shooters” weren’t hitting. Open up some driving lanes, more movement, etc.

I have to admit I wondered about Fife as a replacement for either Johnson or Lusk.
didn't Matt take out Zach for a few with maybe 6 or 7 minutes or so to go? Caleb would drive teh ball and ...go to a jump hook. Trey would drive teh ball and...go to a jump hook. Mason, would drive the ball...and pump fake under the rim. Ethan would drive the ball and... Brandon...roll the dice. Purdue doesn't have or didn't have a lot of verssatility at the 3 or 4. Purdues 1 & 2 are about the only ones that would drive the ball on any regular basis.

Reactions: PurdueDave
didn't Matt take out Zach for a few with maybe 6 or 7 minutes or so to go? Caleb would drive teh ball and ...go to a jump hook. Trey would drive teh ball and...go to a jump hook. Mason, would drive the ball...and pump fake under the rim. Ethan would drive the ball and... Brandon...roll the dice. Purdue doesn't have or didn't have a lot of verssatility at the 3 or 4. Purdues 1 & 2 are about the only ones that would drive the ball on any regular basis.
Wish we could have tried a 5 out offense, but we don’t have 5 guys who can take it to the rack…

Wish we could have tried a 5 out offense, but we don’t have 5 guys who can take it to the rack…
If we could have made them defend Purdue behind the arc, that would mean Purdue already made enough back there to. Instead, 5 behind the arc would have left them in the lane...pointing and laughing. ;) No reason to defend the arc, if Purdue can't hit them. Everybody is concerned about guards, but I'm concerned in a lack of versatility at the 3 and 4 mostly. 4s need to develop more than jump hooks and up & unders. Kids have a lot going for them, but developing more on the O would make Purdue so much better and would allow a whole different look when Zach goes out or is gone....

Reactions: Schnelk
Not sure how much simpler I can make this: We’re not built to play against tiny, quick teams. We’re built to win 20 rugby games against other big strong rugby teams.

You basically proved my point about the press by the way. “Guys…REFUSING to break the press…”

Need to go buy some more ball handlers.
It seems to be paying dividends for Miami.....

Reactions: PurdueClassof02
ADVERTISEMENT