ADVERTISEMENT

Super Freshman

Stu. Look him up, clown. "....the man...".... lol!

yeah... just a random radio guy.

duh.
Baaahhh baaaaahh . Over here sheep sheep!! Lol. No original thought!! Whatever Stu says, I will say. Then I will get my panties in a wad for those that disagree with me ( and stu). Stu....if ur watching, please tell me what I think about Purdue football next....

Last edited:
Baaahhh baaaaahh . Over here sheep sheep!! Lol. No original thought!! Whatever Stu says, I will say. Then I will get my panties in a wad for those that disagree with me ( and stu). Stu....if ur watching, please tell me what I think about Purdue football next....
Why?

Reactions: Purdue85
I think getting off to a good start this season will help keep us in the running for the 2 five star guys they’re recruiting. A 4-0 start is definitely possible although I don’t know much about TCU.

What you should know is they are extremely well coached and usually a stalwart defensive team. Had a down year, but Patterson’s teams do not stay down long.

What you should know is they are extremely well coached and usually a stalwart defensive team. Had a down year, but Patterson’s teams do not stay down long.
This is a good theory and thought, but something has changed with the program. I think unless they find a stellar QB they will struggle again in the BIG12. Teams last year simply outscored them. No matter how good the D was they struggled to get out of the teens a lot of games...and that's vs. some teams that didn't have great defenses.

Maybe its simply that the buzz has worn off the program. When your coach is year after year rumored to leave, that can take its toll. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to us eventually!

This is a good theory and thought, but something has changed with the program. I think unless they find a stellar QB they will struggle again in the BIG12. Teams last year simply outscored them. No matter how good the D was they struggled to get out of the teens a lot of games...and that's vs. some teams that didn't have great defenses.

Maybe its simply that the buzz has worn off the program. When your coach is year after year rumored to leave, that can take its toll. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to us eventually!
TAMU going to the SEC changed the recruiting structure in the state. TCU slipping back is the result of the cumulative impact over the last 7 years

Reactions: pboiler18

Patterson is a TCU alum and is likely going no where. He is 58 years old and going into his 19th season as Frog’s HC. His last five seasons have been 12-1, 11-2, 6-7, 11-3, 7-6. His base is about $5 million and he’s under contract through 2022. He has had eleven seasons of 10 or more wins. Putting that in perspective, we have had one 10 win season in our history and that was almost 40 years ago. Underestimating TCU is a big mistake IMHO.

Reactions: barackmr
KB was in the All-American game and scored a touchdown. I think he is underranked so I am not going by his rankings.

But let’s take a step back to the heart of the matter here. You said 3 would see the field, and you have already called yourself wrong within a day of making that statement.

With the new redshirt rules, I would be surprised in less than 9 of the incoming freshmen see the field. Especially with injuries and special teams, I think at least 7 see the field and I listed the ones I think could and why.

Grant and King have college ready measurables. I don’t see how they don’t see the field in some way. Graham, GK, Punter are locks for playing time. Bell and Wright are both near locks IMO. KB and one of the OL are right there. It may not shake out that way, but this is a message board and that’s my opinion.

I agree. There is zero chance Bell and Wright don't see the field. We lost two productive starting receivers (Zico and Wright) who will need to be replaced. And both of those incoming freshmen are too good to keep off the field.

George Karlaftis will start day one. That makes 3 freshmen seeing the field in those three alone.

The OP apparently has no clue how good this incoming class really is compared to prior classes.

Dude, I don't normally agree with 85. But you're kind of proving yourself to be a knucklehead with your predictions and antics on here.

I agree. There is zero chance Bell and Wright don't see the field. We lost two productive starting receivers (Zico and Wright) who will need to be replaced. And both of those incoming freshmen are too good to keep off the field.

George Karlaftis will start day one. That makes 3 freshmen seeing the field in those three alone.

The OP apparently has no clue how good this incoming class really is compared to prior classes.
Opinions are fine. Just have to have sensible back up. Other than “ Star” rankings, which are moronic ( Rondale was a 3), give me a tangible reason Wright May be better than Ahmad Anderson for example? Or Sparks. Just one. Is he faster? Do u know? Is he quicker? Do u know? Does he get in and out of breaks? Catch in traffic? Comprehend the big playbook? U seen them play live? Seen competitive environment they played in? Watched them both against good DBs? Anything tangible that says he should be in front of him? My point is, u haven’t. If u look at this board last year at the same time Ahmad Anderson and Kory taylor we’re going to come in and beat out Zico and Wright . My point is, there are only so many Rondales out there . The new toys arent always better than the old ones. Until the Nevada game, nobody knows. So why do people say it so matter of factly as u have (“ zero chance”)?

Opinions are fine. Just have to have sensible back up. Other than “ Star” rankings, which are moronic ( Rondale was a 3), give me a tangible reason Wright May be better than Ahmad Anderson for example? Or Sparks. Just one. Is he faster? Do u know? Is he quicker? Do u know? Does he get in and out of breaks? Catch in traffic? Comprehend the big playbook? U seen them play live? Seen competitive environment they played in? Watched them both against good DBs? Anything tangible that says he should be in front of him? My point is, u haven’t. If u look at this board last year at the same time Ahmad Anderson and Kory taylor we’re going to come in and beat out Zico and Wright . My point is, there are only so many Rondales out there . The new toys arent always better than the old ones. Until the Nevada game, nobody knows. So why do people say it so matter of factly as u have (“ zero chance”)?

I have a ton of problems with you. How many “?s” in one post (too many) and bad spaces in this one post. I call horse shit. You are leaving troll skidders on your post. Time for new undies.

we have a tendency to have a short memory, Taylor and Anderson have had a n entire year to learn the system and practice with it. When they were recruited, they were going to be the greatest ever.

I don't know how many years I've come to this board to read people raving about recruits and they will be an instant starter. Very seldom has that ever happened.

We have an incoming kicker, and a kicker currently on scholarship. Yet all I hear about is the incoming kicker.

Based on their accomplishments in high school, I believe we have some very talented incoming freshmen. But in saying that we also have some pretty good returning players who are not going to give up their jobs without a fight.

I have a ton of problems with you. How many “?s” in one post (too many) and bad spaces in this one post. I call horse shit. You are leaving troll skidders on your post. Time for new undies.
your post adds nothing.

Jesus h christ, how many times do we need to have bullshit new posters called blkgoldhoops join this forum. How about crimsonisnotvirginblood? Just say’n.

we have a tendency to have a short memory, Taylor and Anderson have had a n entire year to learn the system and practice with it. When they were recruited, they were going to be the greatest ever.

I don't know how many years I've come to this board to read people raving about recruits and they will be an instant starter. Very seldom has that ever happened.

We have an incoming kicker, and a kicker currently on scholarship. Yet all I hear about is the incoming kicker.

Based on their accomplishments in high school, I believe we have some very talented incoming freshmen. But in saying that we also have some pretty good returning players who are not going to give up their jobs without a fight.
Very well said. And my point all along

Incoming kicker will punt. Not sure how many times I have to say this

You are not the coach and there were more than 1 incoming freshmen kickers. I say if a kicker excelled at both kicking and punting which he did, given what we currently have the coach is bound to take a look

You are not the coach and there were more than 1 incoming freshmen kickers. I say if a kicker excelled at both kicking and punting which he did, given what we currently have the coach is bound to take a look
The walk on that might have competed for kicking duties got a schollie elsewhere.

Sheep..Clown...Snowflake.

You have a very extensive vocabulary

Boy, that was a lot of reading without much value, sheez.

A couple things I would say:

First if you don't know who Stu Schweigert is, you must not be much of a Purdue fan or quite young.

Second, you should hear what someone has said before criticizing it and then calling them a clown or other derogatory term. I don't know if you can go back and listen to their show or not, but I took it a little differently than the person who is having such a problem with it did. I don't think he meant he expects 9 freshman starters at the IU game. I think he meant that he sees 9 freshman that would not surprise him if they were starters by then. Not that they all would be, but nine that have a chance. Also, the term "not surprise me" means to me that it could happen, but not predicting it.

The Boilers have a good class coming in, let's just enjoy it.

Sheep..Clown...Snowflake.

You have a very extensive vocabulary

First if you don't know who Stu Schweigert is, you must not be much of a Purdue fan or quite young.

Second, you should hear what someone has said before criticizing it and then calling them a clown or other derogatory term. I don't know if you can go back and listen to their show or not, but I took it a little differently than the person who is having such a problem with it did. I don't think he meant he expects 9 freshman starters at the IU game. I think he meant that he sees 9 freshman that would not surprise him if they were starters by then. Not that they all would be, but nine that have a chance. Also, the term "not surprise me" means to me that it could happen, but not predicting it.

to your post, I know , and have always known who Stu is. It was the adversarial idiot that injected that into the convo. I just happened to disagree with Stu, who said idiot didnt like. Didnt like I had a different opinion. Done. Move on....

Thanks for your post. I’ve been wanting to say this for days. “Not surprise me” is the key phrase in my original post. As for going back to listen to the program, I contacted the radio station and there is a podcast available on Spotify and the shows date is the same as the date I started this miserable thread I do believe.

to your post, I know , and have always known who Stu is. It was the adversarial idiot that injected that into the convo. I just happened to disagree with Stu, who said idiot didnt like. Didnt like I had a different opinion. Done. Move on....

nobody's buyin' what you're selling.

you tried to make me out like I agree with him.

I never did. EVER. I simply laughed at your ignorance as to who he is.

You're doing all this because your posts now look ridiculous.

Reactions: Flot
nobody's buyin' what you're selling.

you tried to make me out like I agree with him.

I never did. EVER. I simply laughed at your ignorance as to who he is.

You're doing all this because your posts now look ridiculous.
Show me where I “ didn’t know who he is”? U can’t. I referred to him in a general term. Example :“ that man doesn’t know what he’s talking about”. Similar to if I knew you personally, I would still say “ that man is a douchebag “. . Buy that.

Last edited:
Show me where I “ didn’t know who he is”? U can’t. I referred to him in a general term. Example :“ that man doesn’t know what he’s talking about”. Similar to if I knew you personally, I would still say “ that man is a douchebag “. . Buy that.

"The man'

Show me where I agreed with him, dipstick. You thought he was some random radio guy.

Show me where I agreed with him. Right now.

This thread...

giphy.gif

"The man'

Show me where I agreed with him, dipstick. You thought he was some random radio guy.

Show me where I agreed with him. Right now.
Show me where I said he was “ some random radio guy”? U must not get generalities when used in the English language. What if after watching Rondale perform a spectacular highlight and I said “ that kid is amazing”. Get it?

I hate to break up this lively discussion. But there was a name that brohm mentioned several times that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

In several interviews when discussing this class, he mentioned OL Jornigan as the offensive linemen being the closest to being a contributor on the line for this class. He already has the size. and brohm hinted, he may play this year rather than being red shirted

this is not from brian, me, stu, purdue 85, stick, or nat. this actually came from Brohm. if you look, you can find the interviews. and he said it more than once.

Reactions: ChuckJr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT