ADVERTISEMENT

Super Freshman

No, you badmouthed him.

He knows more about football than you ever will. Your opinion means nothing, compared to his. You're a soft, thin-skinned armchair wannabe.

You don't think 9 FR could have started at some point before the bucket game. That's a fair statement, but you claim a college All American, and NFL starter knows little, compared to your infinite wisdom...

That is just moronic. Difference of opinion? You didn't state it as a difference of opinion. You tried to position yourself as knowing more. Shows absolutely how little the man knows. Compared to you.

Right.
So good players make good sports analysts? All of them do? Really? Ur a sheep. U hear something on ESPN or Steven A. Smith, or even Stu, and regurgitate it as your own in the break room! Lol. So u agree with everything he says because he “ knows more than you”? Nice. Ur a sheep.

So good players make good sports analysts? All of them do? Really? Ur a sheep. U hear something on ESPN or Steven A. Smith, or even Stu, and regurgitate it as your own in the break room! Lol. So u agree with everything he says because he “ knows more than you”? Nice. Ur a sheep.

Never said that. You're REALLY reaching now.

You still can't run from it. You wrote: Shows absolutely how little the man knows.

Yeah... he knows NOTHIN', and you're the expert.

What a clown.

Never said that. You're REALLY reaching now.

You still can't run from it. You wrote: Shows absolutely how little the man knows.

Yeah... he knows NOTHIN', and you're the expert.

What a clown.
And you’re a butthurt sheep that believes every word he says as gospel. Cmon man, pull ur sack up and form ur own opinions! 9 freshman (out of 22 positions) will start the Indiana game. Right. Ur the clown.

Only GK, Bell and Graham see the field. And the Punter, forgot about him. So 4 . No way Wright at TE as there is more to it than running a route. What about getting off the line with an Ohio State DE jamming you. And KB a good HS player, Garrett Miller a better TE I think coming in . Not sure how you define “studs” when they havent proven anything past high school and subjective opinions. And hopefully u aren’t going on the Star ranking nonsense. I would say Pitman practicing for 3 years against Markus Bailey, Theiniman, etc gives him a leg up on a guy practicing/playing against bad high school players. The transition to college is huge! Not just height, weight, and 40 times.

KB was in the All-American game and scored a touchdown. I think he is underranked so I am not going by his rankings.

But let’s take a step back to the heart of the matter here. You said 3 would see the field, and you have already called yourself wrong within a day of making that statement.

With the new redshirt rules, I would be surprised in less than 9 of the incoming freshmen see the field. Especially with injuries and special teams, I think at least 7 see the field and I listed the ones I think could and why.

Grant and King have college ready measurables. I don’t see how they don’t see the field in some way. Graham, GK, Punter are locks for playing time. Bell and Wright are both near locks IMO. KB and one of the OL are right there. It may not shake out that way, but this is a message board and that’s my opinion.

KB was in the All-American game and scored a touchdown. I think he is underranked so I am not going by his rankings.

But let’s take a step back to the heart of the matter here. You said 3 would see the field, and you have already called yourself wrong within a day of making that statement.

With the new redshirt rules, I would be surprised in less than 9 of the incoming freshmen see the field. Especially with injuries and special teams, I think at least 7 see the field and I listed the ones I think could and why.

Grant and King have college ready measurables. I don’t see how they don’t see the field in some way. Graham, GK, Punter are locks for playing time. Bell and Wright are both near locks IMO. KB and one of the OL are right there. It may not shake out that way, but this is a message board and that’s my opinion.
And ur entitled to it. As are those that disagree. My “ being wrong within a day” was simply me thinking about position players not the punter. I immediately agreed with u once realized it . What’s a “ college ready measurable” by the way? Height and weight? Because we had a lot of college measurable freshman o line last year that never saw the field because of strength and other intangibles. So how do u know King has strength? speed? Can learn the playbook? ....you don’t. But then again, ur the guy that said a 17 yr old GK would have started in the Big 10 last year. Do u know how ridiculous that sounds?

Last edited:
And you’re a butthurt sheep that believes every word he says as gospel. Cmon man, pull ur sack up and form ur own opinions! 9 freshman (out of 22 positions) will start the Indiana game. Right. Ur the clown.

No, dumb@ss... I don't "believe every word he says as gospel," but you have nothing of value to offer.

You're posting nonsense.

Support your position, instead of being a butthurt clown.

And ur entitled to it. As are those that disagree. My “ being wrong within a day” was simply me thinking about position players not the punter. I immediately agreed with u once realized it . What’s a “ college ready measurable” by the way? Height and weight? Because we had a lot of college measurable freshman o line last year that never saw the field because of strength and other intangibles. So how do u know King has strength? speed? Can learn the playbook? ....you don’t. But then again, ur the guy that said a 17 yr old GK would have started in the Big 10 last year. Do u know how ridiculous that sounds?

GK probably could have started for Purdue last year. When they do the camps they put them through something similar to a proday where they run, lift, and do the shuttles and they get a grade on their measurables. GK and Grant scores ridiculously high. GK is also a top level thrower in the nation and one of the strongest and most explosive linemen coming in. He was one of the five finalists for the best incoming lineman. I don’t think it is a stretch to say that he wouldn’t have been able to beat out last years DEs. He did it immediately when he walked on campus in December.

As for King, just watch him. He may not start, but he certainly could if there are injuries at the RB position or he may start on special teams. But with the new redshirt rule, I would be shocked if he doesn’t see the field at least once. He is big, fast, and strong.

I don’t understand what you don’t understand. Rondale Moore, as a senior in high school ran what would have been I think the third fastest WR time in the NFL combine. As an 18 year old kid he squated 600 pounds, and he was one of the most dominant players in all of college football.

As for being wrong, you were wrong. You can make excuses, but I listed the Punter on my list. I can’t be held responsible for your reading comprehension. You said 3 and then immediately backtracked after you were called out.

It’s way too early to predict how the freshmen that haven’t even arrived will do. We also can’t predict injuries. You can’t definitively say I am wrong and I can’t definitively say you are wrong until it happens. But, I have stated why I feel the way I do. This class coming is filled with guys that would have been the best guy in any of Hazel’s classes coming right out of high school. Last year was a team, that without Moore, doesn’t make a bowl game (and probably doesn’t come close). The level of recruit Brohm brought in is so much higher than anything we have seen in 10 plus years. These guys are coming in bigger/faster/stronger than what Purdue has had in the past and they are coming from elite high school programs. I hope the incoming freshmen are good to make immediate impacts, because that means Purdue will be significantly better than last year and significantly better going forward. I would choose to take the optimistic approach. Not sure why you would want to take the grumpy crotchety approach, but you do you.

GK probably could have started for Purdue last year. When they do the camps they put them through something similar to a proday where they run, lift, and do the shuttles and they get a grade on their measurables. GK and Grant scores ridiculously high. GK is also a top level thrower in the nation and one of the strongest and most explosive linemen coming in. He was one of the five finalists for the best incoming lineman. I don’t think it is a stretch to say that he wouldn’t have been able to beat out last years DEs. He did it immediately when he walked on campus in December.

As for King, just watch him. He may not start, but he certainly could if there are injuries at the RB position or he may start on special teams. But with the new redshirt rule, I would be shocked if he doesn’t see the field at least once. He is big, fast, and strong.

I don’t understand what you don’t understand. Rondale Moore, as a senior in high school ran what would have been I think the third fastest WR time in the NFL combine. As an 18 year old kid he squated 600 pounds, and he was one of the most dominant players in all of college football.

As for being wrong, you were wrong. You can make excuses, but I listed the Punter on my list. I can’t be held responsible for your reading comprehension. You said 3 and then immediately backtracked after you were called out.

It’s way too early to predict how the freshmen that haven’t even arrived will do. We also can’t predict injuries. You can’t definitively say I am wrong and I can’t definitively say you are wrong until it happens. But, I have stated why I feel the way I do. This class coming is filled with guys that would have been the best guy in any of Hazel’s classes coming right out of high school. Last year was a team, that without Moore, doesn’t make a bowl game (and probably doesn’t come close). The level of recruit Brohm brought in is so much higher than anything we have seen in 10 plus years. These guys are coming in bigger/faster/stronger than what Purdue has had in the past and they are coming from elite high school programs. I hope the incoming freshmen are good to make immediate impacts, because that means Purdue will be significantly better than last year and significantly better going forward. I would choose to take the optimistic approach. Not sure why you would want to take the grumpy crotchety approach, but you do you.
Length of post usually equals amount of butthurt so I will keep mine shorter than yours. U don’t need to explain to me the insanity of ur thoughts. U agree 9 freshman out of 22 positions will be starting the Indiana game. I think a) if that’s the case we are in trouble and b) that won’t be the case . We aren’t talking about “ appearing on the field during the year at some point with the new redshirt rule” ( hell we had 8-10 do that last year) . We were talking about 9 starters in the bucket game. Which is just plain stupid. And again, other than the 4 I think will start, not sure what makes u think the new guys are better than last years class or even what Brohm had on the roster? Would King have beaten out DJ? KB over Hopkins? Pferi over Plummer? Holstage over any of last years lineman? U just get overly fascinated with ur new toys before u have played with ur old ones. That because u read, regurgitate, and believe u are right. Just don’t Understand why u don’t believe their will be a difference in u watching film of King for example, playing against other high school kids, and thinking he can/ will do that year 1 vs A Big 10 defense. This has nothing to do with optimistic vs crotchety desire. I wish all 25 freshman are “ Rondales” next year. It has to do with u think 9 will start vs Indiana. That’s not realistic. Clown

Last edited:
Length of post usually equals amount of butthurt so I will keep mine shorter than yours. U don’t need to explain to me the insanity of ur thoughts. U agree 9 freshman out of 22 positions will be starting the Indiana game. I think a) if that’s the case we are in trouble and b) that won’t be the case . We aren’t talking about “ appearing on the field during the year at some point with the new redshirt rule” ( hell we had 8-10 do that last year) . We were talking about 9 starters in the bucket game. Which is just plain stupid. And again, other than the 4 I think will start, not sure what makes u think the new guys are better than last years class or even what Brohm had on the roster? Would King have beaten out DJ? KB over Hopkins? Pferi over Plummer? Holstage over any of last years lineman? U just get overly fascinated with ur new toys before u have played with ur old ones. That because u read, regurgitate, and believe u are right. Just don’t Understand why u don’t believe their will be a difference in u watching film of King for example, playing against other high school kids, and thinking he can/ will do that year 1 vs A Big 10 defense. This has nothing to do with optimistic vs crotchety desire. I wish all 25 freshman are “ Rondales” next year. It has to do with u think 9 will start vs Indiana. That’s not realistic. Clown

Scroll up, find where I said IU game, then quote it for me. Maybe Stu said it, not me. I was directly referring to your comment in which you said only 3 freshmen see the field next year. That is the goal post I am addressing. And to that point, you will most definitely be wrong. I listed the 9 most likely to start and gave reasons why that was possible. Unfortunately, I can’t see into the future, but I am very excited about this team and what they can do.

As for this year, it doesn’t matter if King would have beat our Jones or Knox, they are gone.

I stand by my point that I think at least 7 freshman see the field in some compacity. I haven’t changed my stance on that and it seems like in your post you agree with that statement. It’s a little early to say in what capacity and who exactly will see the field, but the summer should give a better idea. I choose to remain optimistic.

Stu said it and that's what started this entire thread and argument. Stu said he wouldn't be surprised if 9 freshman started by the IU game. Maybe it was a poor choice of words. I could agree with 9 players contributing, but starting is a little hard to believe. To say something like that would be nice but it also reflects little research on our returning players. 9 starters from this class by the end of the year? I don't think so.

Scroll up, find where I said IU game, then quote it for me. Maybe Stu said it, not me. I was directly referring to your comment in which you said only 3 freshmen see the field next year. That is the goal post I am addressing. And to that point, you will most definitely be wrong. I listed the 9 most likely to start and gave reasons why that was possible. Unfortunately, I can’t see into the future, but I am very excited about this team and what they can do.

As for this year, it doesn’t matter if King would have beat our Jones or Knox, they are gone.

I stand by my point that I think at least 7 freshman see the field in some compacity. I haven’t changed my stance on that and it seems like in your post you agree with that statement. It’s a little early to say in what capacity and who exactly will see the field, but the summer should give a better idea. I choose to remain optimistic.
Ok but “seeing the field” isn’t starting and if u predict 7 will see the field, that’s less than last years class, which presumably this ones better than. We probably had 10 “ see the field” last year. I was referring to the “ starters” debate... let’s move on.

ok fair enough. However “ seeing the field” is not the same as “ starting by the IU” game which is the goalpost I was addressing. If u think 7 will “ see the field” that’s actually less than last year where we probably had 10, and this years class is presumably so much better. Let’s move on.

Stu said it and that's what started this entire thread and argument. Stu said he wouldn't be surprised if 9 freshman started by the IU game. Maybe it was a poor choice of words. I could agree with 9 players contributing, but starting is a little hard to believe. To say something like that would be nice but it also reflects little research on our returning players. 9 starters from this class by the end of the year? I don't think so.
Thank you! That was my whole point and showed he did little research on players on the currently roster.

You're lost. You make absurd claims, get called on it, then go nuts. Not a valid argument.
Nobody went nuts here, just proved the idiocy of your comments and watched u melt. U hear something from a so called expert, regurgitate it, and act all knowing. Think for yourself and quit being a sheep. Lol

Unless we're hit by the injury bug (or a plague) I don't see 9 Freshmen starters at any one time but I think that 9 of them will see playing time during the season outside of special teams. I think that we can see 4 or 5 Freshmen starters by the end of the year possibly. If we do, that would be a great sign IMO.

Unless we're hit by the injury bug (or a plague) I don't see 9 Freshmen starters at any one time but I think that 9 of them will see playing time during the season outside of special teams. I think that we can see 4 or 5 Freshmen starters by the end of the year possibly. If we do, that would be a great sign IMO.

I would be very surprised if GK, Punter, Graham, Grant, and Bell (or Wright) don’t start at least one game this season. King will be interesting to watch, because if he is as good as he looks and his measurable, he could end up starting. The final question on the others will be CB depth, OL depth, and LB depth on whether the others start. Not sure about the long snap position either. Think he signed a highly rated one as a walk on. Either way, I just can’t wait for football, and I want the best option at each position playing regardless of their school year.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Nobody went nuts here, just proved the idiocy of your comments and watched u melt. U hear something from a so called expert, regurgitate it, and act all knowing. Think for yourself and quit being a sheep. Lol

Your responses betray you.

Your attack on Stu was misguided, misinformed, or poorly stated. ("Shows absolutely how little the man knows."

Then you became unhinged once that was pointed out.
"I’m sure u talked about all of last years class that would come in and start."
"Poor little sheep...."
"u need to go back to ur safe place and say ur safe word."
"Sorry to offend snowflake."
"Ur a sheep. U hear something on ESPN or Steven A. Smith, or even Stu, and regurgitate it as your own in the break room! Lol. So u agree with everything he says because he “ knows more than you”? Nice. Ur a sheep."
"you’re a butthurt sheep that believes every word he says as gospel."

And on, and on.

What's interesting is that I don't think I ever wrote that I agree with Stu. You simply became unhinged and unglued upon learning he wasn't what you thought he was.

Your responses betray you.

Your attack on Stu was misguided, misinformed, or poorly stated. ("Shows absolutely how little the man knows."

Then you became unhinged once that was pointed out.
"I’m sure u talked about all of last years class that would come in and start."
"Poor little sheep...."
"u need to go back to ur safe place and say ur safe word."
"Sorry to offend snowflake."
"Ur a sheep. U hear something on ESPN or Steven A. Smith, or even Stu, and regurgitate it as your own in the break room! Lol. So u agree with everything he says because he “ knows more than you”? Nice. Ur a sheep."
"you’re a butthurt sheep that believes every word he says as gospel."

And on, and on.

What's interesting is that I don't think I ever wrote that I agree with Stu. You simply became unhinged and unglued upon learning he wasn't what you thought he was.
Those were all directed personally at your nonsense. U must have a real love affair with Stu to the level when someone disagrees with him you deem it “ badmouthing” and start with your “ turd in the punch bowl” picture. Whether u agree with him or not is irrelevant. When he says 9 of the 22 starters for the IU game will be freshman, I’m sorry, he’s speaking out of his a$$.

Perhaps it would clear some things up a bit if one of our more knowledgeable posters could list the returning starters by position and we can see whats left and what and how many positions are open for competition come Fall Camp.

Perhaps it would clear some things up a bit if one of our more knowledgeable posters could list the returning starters by position and we can see whats left and what and how many positions are open for competition come Fall Camp.
Will give it a shot.... somebody correct me if it’s not right. Some position changes on the DL make it a little gray.

Offense Returning starters
QB - not sure how we view this but pretty sure he’s they guy albeit he only started the first 2 games. A freshman won’t start here
RT
LT
Slot
TE - although he and Herdman were Somewhat both starters, I think we agree Hopkins Is the starter and a Freshman won’t start here
So 5 returners, 6 open. I think the only 2 a Fresh could start at are the outside Receiver positions although I think only 1 will. Not at C, LG, RG, or RB

Defensive Retuning starters
NT
DE
DT
DT
LB
S
CB- although a lot of rotation here last year

So 7 returning starters, 4 open. I think only 2 spots a Freshman could start is the other Safety and DE. Not at CB or LB.

Both punting and kicking are open. I think the Freshman could start at Punter. Not a freshman at kicker

Reactions: Bayou Boiler
Those were all directed personally at your nonsense. U must have a real love affair with Stu to the level when someone disagrees with him you deem it “ badmouthing” and start with your “ turd in the punch bowl” picture. Whether u agree with him or not is irrelevant. When he says 9 of the 22 starters for the IU game will be freshman, I’m sorry, he’s speaking out of his a$$.

There was no nonsense, unless you consider "nonsense" as me correcting you as to who he is and what he knows.

What's comical is, you didn't even know who he is. To you, was just some sports guy, "speaking out of his a$$."

That's telling.

I don't know...

I think we see Bell, Wright, Karlaftis and one of the FR Safetys in the Starting lineup game one. Due to depth issues I'm not saying these guys are ready to play...but we will likely see - Both Fr Safetys, Faucheux and probably one of Hunter, K'Paka on the field. Probably get contributions from one of the new TEs too (they are VERY good, Bilodeau is physically ready to play now).

I think you'll see a few other guys play if pressed into action because of injuries but nothing outside of the 4 games for the redshirt.

This team was well coached the past 2 years but as far as raw talent goes....they just didn't really have it. This class fixes some of those raw talent issues IMO....and because of that some of these guys will get chances to play VERY early.

There was no nonsense, unless you consider "nonsense" as me correcting you as to who he is and what he knows.

What's comical is, you didn't even know who he is. To you, was just some sports guy, "speaking out of his a$$."

That's telling.
Why in the world would u assume I didn’t/don’t know who he is? That’s a leap huh? I know exactly who he is, he just jumped the gun in his love affair for the class coming in. Call it overly optimistic if u want, but when he said 9 freshman will start the IU game, that’s when it fell apart. I don’t care who he is relative to that comment.

Will give it a shot.... somebody correct me if it’s not right. Some position changes on the DL make it a little gray.

Offense Returning starters
QB - not sure how we view this but pretty sure he’s they guy albeit he only started the first 2 games. A freshman won’t start here
RT
LT
Slot
TE - although he and Herdman were Somewhat both starters, I think we agree Hopkins Is the starter and a Freshman won’t start here
So 5 returners, 6 open. I think the only 2 a Fresh could start at are the outside Receiver positions although I think only 1 will. Not at C, LG, RG, or RB

Defensive Retuning starters
NT
DE
DT
DT
LB
S
CB- although a lot of rotation here last year

So 7 returning starters, 4 open. I think only 2 spots a Freshman could start is the other Safety and DE. Not at CB or LB.

Both punting and kicking are open. I think the Freshman could start at Punter. Not a freshman at kicker
Neal and Watts are returning starters at DT. They wont be unseated.

Herrmanns is the LT. McCann is the RT

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
I don't know...

I think we see Bell, Wright, Karlaftis and one of the FR Safetys in the Starting lineup game one. Due to depth issues I'm not saying these guys are ready to play...but we will likely see - Both Fr Safetys, Faucheux and probably one of Hunter, K'Paka on the field. Probably get contributions from one of the new TEs too (they are VERY good, Bilodeau is physically ready to play now).

I think you'll see a few other guys play if pressed into action because of injuries but nothing outside of the 4 games for the redshirt.

This team was well coached the past 2 years but as far as raw talent goes....they just didn't really have it. This class fixes some of those raw talent issues IMO....and because of that some of these guys will get chances to play VERY early.

Depending on how RB position looks, it's entirely possible we see King at RB at some time during the season. 9 is a stretch, but it really depends on what they show in camp.

Why in the world would u assume I didn’t/don’t know who he is? That’s a leap huh? I know exactly who he is, he just jumped the gun in his love affair for the class coming in. Call it overly optimistic if u want, but when he said 9 freshman will start the IU game, that’s when it fell apart. I don’t care who he is relative to that comment.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You had no clue.

I don't know...

Agree with a lot of ur points. Some not so much. What makes the 2 TEs more physically ready to play than Durham and Pitman? Durham the same and actually a little bigger in weight, same height, had the offseason weight program for strength, documented very athletic by the guys that cover us for Rivals. Pitman in his 3rd year, documented great blocker and in the top 5 on the team in the weight room. The FS freshman starting will have to beat out Cory’s trice and a Senior 3 year starter.

Reaching. Clown-technique

Maybe you should be true to your moniker and stick to hoops.

"Shows absolutely how little the man knows."

LOL! "The man."

Wow. A former Purdue AA, multi-year NFL player, and (to anyone with two brain cells to rub together) someone really plugged into Purdue FB ... just some random... "man"

you're bringing this on yourself.

Classic. "...the man.."

Agree with a lot of ur points. Some not so much. What makes the 2 TEs more physically ready to play than Durham and Pitman? Durham the same and actually a little bigger in weight, same height, had the offseason weight program for strength, documented very athletic by the guys that cover us for Rivals. Pitman in his 3rd year, documented great blocker and in the top 5 on the team in the weight room. The FS freshman starting will have to beat out Cory’s trice and a Senior 3 year starter.

For the TEs....athleticism. Bilodeau is much more athletic than any of the guys on the roster besides Hopkins and MAYBE Pittman....and I don't think Pittman has the hands. We'll be looking for another contributor here at some point in the year and I like his chances. If he learns the playbook, he'll play. He doesn't need a year to strengthen or bulk up. This guy is legitimately the real deal. Best TE prospect we've landed in a long time.

For the FS...I'm not that worried. Mosley is just kind of ehhh. He's a guy. He's there to minimize mistakes. He's been an average contributor his previous 3 years here. Trice hasn't shown me much in anything ive seen of him....albeit in limited exposure.

I like that the roster is young and there is depth. I think we have to shed the notion that really talented guys need to wait their turn though. Good programs are LOADED with underclassmen in their 2 deeps.

For the TEs....athleticism. Bilodeau is much more athletic than any of the guys on the roster besides Hopkins and MAYBE Pittman....and I don't think Pittman has the hands. We'll be looking for another contributor here at some point in the year and I like his chances. If he learns the playbook, he'll play. He doesn't need a year to strengthen or bulk up. This guy is legitimately the real deal. Best TE prospect we've landed in a long time.

For the FS...I'm not that worried. Mosley is just kind of ehhh. He's a guy. He's there to minimize mistakes. He's been an average contributor his previous 3 years here. Trice hasn't shown me much in anything ive seen of him....albeit in limited exposure.

I like that the roster is young and there is depth. I think we have to shed the notion that really talented guys need to wait their turn though. Good programs are LOADED with underclassmen in their 2 deeps.
Agree with young talent in the 2 deeps. Time will tell for us. Good problem to have though! It’s been a while. My predictions on the 2 positions being discussed. TE - Hopkins the 1, Pitman and Durham the 2 situationally, KB the 3 and Miller the 4 , with the Freshman maybe redshirting. FS I like Mosley and Trice all year with Graham playing if one of them falters. Looking forward to it all!!

Maybe you should be true to your moniker and stick to hoops.

"Shows absolutely how little the man knows."

LOL! "The man."

Wow. A former Purdue AA, multi-year NFL player, and (to anyone with two brain cells to rub together) someone really plugged into Purdue FB ... just some random... "man"

you're bringing this on yourself.

Classic. "...the man.."
It’s a figure of speech. U should know that football man!!! Lol. The gospel according to stu!!! Think for yourself sheep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT