ADVERTISEMENT

Super Freshman

Absolutely agree it’s a GREAT class and I too am excited. Yes, if we have injuries, we are in good shape. I think it will come more from the existing roster and RsF class moreso than the true freshman though. Just one guys opinion.

I could see that. For one, true freshman DTs and OL are almost never physically ready. The ones who are are high 4*+ and coming in at 300 unlike Faucheaux. And we aren’t getting those level of recruits at the power spots yet. Kid from Detroit May be the first one. If they can somehow swing his connection to the Grant, Graham and others there’s a guard who would start on day one.

I’m looking for Larry Johnson, DJ Washington and if he get healthy Beach to make some noise. I can’t wait to see Trice, Ball, Deen, Cravaacks against bigger teams, J. Smith and others.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
This post is so Wole.
You're right! I should have noted STU was fired from his coaching gig at that power 5 school Saginaw valley st in 2015 after his dui !

I guess that's why nobody wanted to answer my question as to what's he doing lately.

I said I knew who StU was. He had a great career at Purdue. He wasn't one of my favorites. His pro career was mediocre at best. He was the UFL's defensive player of the year in 2010 playing for the Omaha Nighthawks.

do you want me to post more about Stu?

I
I remember when all this board was was people like you whose hot take was that you could never ever ever say anything good about a player until you’d seen him against D1 talent. And in 2003, before recruiting became a bit more exact, it was probably decent advise.

But what you have is the ultimate crossroads between years of low ranked recruits, and a class that will come in looking like grown men compared to what our current players looked like.

Surefire starters:
George Karlaftis
David Bell

Players I’d personally bet on playing and maybe starting:
Jalen Graham
Marvin Grant
Mershawn Rice
Milton Wright
King Doerue
Kyle Jornigan
Dontay Hunter

Lots of Qualifiers here
1) if the TEs were as bad as the DEs are and the DEs were as good as the TEs are, Karlaftis would still play a lot, but maybe one of the freshman TEs start
2) Wright and rice can’t start if bell also starts
3) our interior ol is questionable and jornigan brings the beef

I agree with your list but would add Faucheux to your bottom group

Reactions: BoilerFYF
Size again?

Tom said in an earlier Spring Practice Notebook post that he saw him at a spring practice and he's HUGE. He was listed on his high school roster as 6'5" 275lbs but that was from last July. He's gotta be solidly over 280 by now - maybe even 290-ish I would think. The link says "2017" but that's a typo. It lists Faucheux as a SR - #94

http://gowestfirebirds.com/2017-football-roster/

I can't remember where I read this but I ran across something last month or the month before that had him listed among the top 25 All-Time Purdue recruits. I think he gets overlooked frequently because he only played the first 2 games of his Sr. year before fracturing his leg. He probably has some extra rust to knock of for sure because of limited playing time last year but the size and athleticism certainly hasn't diminished and I gotta think he's chomping at the bit to get back on the field now that he's healed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT