ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions for upcoming season

Bulldog6969

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2018
Ryan Cline's House
As our long drought of basketball nears its close, I have exhausted most, if not all alcohol options. Please send some suggestions my way on your BEER or LIQUOR of choice for Purdue basketball games! I will follow these results closely.

I'm addicted, well, not exactly "addicted," but highly desirous of Bell's Two Hearted for beer and Old Grandad Bonded bourbon. I'll go with Elysian Space Dust and Evan Williams Single Barrel for Runners-up.

I would try to stay away from Johnny Black label. I did not think it thru very well but let’s just say I had way too much during the VA game and ended up over served by a long way.

DDD- big fan of two hearted ale as well. If you can get your hand on some wholly roller by urban south (New Orleans) it could quickly become a favorite

I would try to stay away from Johnny Black label. I did not think it thru very well but let’s just say I had way too much during the VA game and ended up over served by a long way.

DDD- big fan of two hearted ale as well. If you can get your hand on some wholly roller by urban south (New Orleans) it could quickly become a favorite
Sorry it should have been Holy roller.

Boiler Gold and Boiler Black. People's Brewing Company in Lafayette. Not great, but it sure is fun.

Sweetwater 420

Its also very hard to find a good kolsch (spent too much time in Germany drinking it). Any recommendations?

Reactions: pboiler18
If you live in the Raleigh area, Trophy Brewing puts up some serious brews. I've been drinking their Unchecked Czech Pilser, and it's quite good. Don't know if they have national distribution, but they should.

I'll definitely be drinking Trophy during any championship game, just so I can, uh, raise my own Trophy at home.

Reactions: Bulldog6969
Sweetwater 420

Its also very hard to find a good kolsch (spent too much time in Germany drinking it). Any recommendations?
Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler
may be the most readily available.

Calumet Queen - 3 Floyd's

may be the best

Freigeist Proteus - Upland in Bloomington is highly rated.
Summertime - By Goose Island
Full Circle - By New Holland
East-West Kolsch - By Sam Adams

Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler
may be the most readily available.

Calumet Queen - 3 Floyd's

may be the best

Freigeist Proteus - Upland in Bloomington is highly rated.
Summertime
- By Goose Island
Full Circle - By New Holland
East-West Kolsch - By Sam Adams
Canoe Paddler is seasonal as are most Leinies. I discovered it late last summer and could find no more after the initial 6 pack. Knowing that I put back 8 six packs this summer. I drink sparingly do to meds and diabetes. One or two a week at most. My supply should last me until next spring's resupply.

Schlaffly has a nice kolsh
Agreed. The issue I run into is that
Schlaffly has a nice kolsh
Schlaffly is one of the best domestic craft kolsch I've had. There's that very specific bready, mildly sweet, citrus flavor (hard to explain) that most American craft brands haven't choose to replicate. The good news is that lighter beers are seeing a resurgence in the American craft market so you are starting to see more kolsch. Its a rough job, but I guess I'm going to have to just try a bunch more!

Old Fashioned Mulberry Squeezings....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: milkdude and TX4GB
I was in Austin last weekend and there was a great IPA, Electric Jellyfish at Pinthouse Pizza. I hope it ships to other parts of TX. Can’t go wrong with Makers Mark.

I was in Austin last weekend and there was a great IPA, Electric Jellyfish at Pinthouse Pizza. I hope it ships to other parts of TX. Can’t go wrong with Makers Mark.
I was in Austin too- you there for ACL fest?

I was in Austin too- you there for ACL fest?

Yes! We made it for Saturday (first time there). The weather was great. Awesome time. I wish I had a weekend pass to check out the Friday shows including Lafayette’s own Axl Rose. Did you make it?

Yes! We made it for Saturday (first time there). The weather was great. Awesome time. I wish I had a weekend pass to check out the Friday shows including Lafayette’s own Axl Rose. Did you make it?
Same here, we also went Saturday. First time to any big music festival (excluding old school Lollapalooza, which is not the same). Can’t believe how much fun I had. And the mild weather was great. One thing that cracked me up was how many folks spent 3-4 hours watching the UT-OU game in the beer tent!

We were in the area Friday night so we went by and listened to parts of the Tame Impala and GNR sets from outside the fence.

Definitely will go back.

Reactions: TX4GB
Same here, we also went Saturday. First time to any big music festival (excluding old school Lollapalooza, which is not the same). Can’t believe how much fun I had. And the mild weather was great. One thing that cracked me up was how many folks spent 3-4 hours watching the UT-OU game in the beer tent!

We were in the area Friday night so we went by and listened to parts of the Tame Impala and GNR sets from outside the fence.

Definitely will go back.

The Texas-OU game watching was funny. They could have stayed home to watch it! A good mix of people there. Teens getting their Instagram selfies, photo shoots by the flag poles was also funny to see especially early in the day. Crowds started rolling in around 4:00 or so but earlier in the day was great bouncing from stage to stage. Yes, will definitely go back!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT