ADVERTISEMENT

Substitutions

Heads up BOILER

True Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2021
I’m not an anti Paint guy or always throwing a player under the bus type either. My question lies in substitution patterns. It seems to me that Painter substitutes in groups most of the time. Trying to change complete lineups on the floor together. It doesn’t seem like he makes individual substitutions most of the time. If a single player is struggling it makes sense to me to try someone else in his spot leaving others playing well in to mesh with the sub. It seems that the backup for a position should be familiar with the offense and plays that are being run for the player they replaced.

Case in point, if Loyer is having an off game on offense and/or defense, shouldn’t his sub at his position be able to come in and run the same plays that Loyer was running. Even the plays to get that sub the same scoring opportunities we we’re trying to get for Loyer? Keeping the offense flowing. Basically I’m wondering about individual player substitutions as well as the group substitutions we see more of. I think I see that happen on other teams more than on our team. In other words try to find the hot hand off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT