ADVERTISEMENT

Student loan forgiveness

Well it's not THAT simple. Did they know when they were 19 how life was going to work out? Sure, you can argue they should have done better financially during their career, made better decisions, worked a second job, whatever. But I think it's safe to say when they were in college they thought they would be able to pay back the loan and fully intended to.
While the above is true, there are many Democrats (like AOC) asking for the government to just help everyone with a student loan pay down their debt.

Free money hand outs so people can buy more Starbucks lattes. Feel the Bern…helping the government “Bern” through its cash.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
While the above is true, there are many Democrats (like AOC) asking for the government to just help everyone with a student loan pay down their debt.

Free money hand outs so people can buy more Starbucks lattes. Feel the Bern…helping the government “Bern” through its cash.
Yeah yeah yeah. Elites and AOC and lattes. They're all that way. Repeat for effect.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Yeah yeah yeah. Elites and AOC and lattes. They're all that way. Repeat for effect.
$50k student loan forgiveness for all students. Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. Repeat for effect.

56 members of Congress have student loan debt and would be recipients if the government were to bailout out student loans.

so yes, Elites/AOC and their lattes!!

$50k student loan forgiveness for all students. Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. Repeat for effect.

56 members of Congress have student loan debt and would be recipients if the government were to bailout out student loans.

Hmm, 37 Democrats in Congress vs 19 Republicans who owe on student debt...

• Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG
I am, but more for adults that are then able to be responsible for their actions. Kids don't posses the comprehension level to fully understand the consequences of their decisions. That is why we have to protect them.

And since you can't comprehend that, man I hope you are incapable of reproducing for the good of humanity.
Apparently by his own admission he is , one bright spot .

You think I like the Cares act?
It’s not relevant. Even if you hate it the money was given away disproportionately to big corporations and the wealthy. And as we know the very poor get welfare.

I’ve never gotten a dime, but If they’re gonna give away 4 trill, maybe it’s time i get something like this in between all the welfare, oil subsidies, subsidizing tech, wars to usurp foreign resources that don’t go to me etc etc etc etc etc etc

I think one time I was on unemployment for six weeks. That’s the beginning and end of everything I ever got.

OR why don’t all cares recipients and 08 bail out recipients and on and on and on give that money back

I'm against it. I said it earlier. Jfc. Always looking for a fight, in this case for no freaking reason.

• Haha
Naturally you missed the point. You keep harping on folks that can’t pay back the loan. The loan forgiveness program is not just about them. Most people with student loans so not default. Therefore, this program with help everyone that have the student loan. Then what people going to do with the extra money? Spend it and help the economy. Perhaps pay back other obligations like car loans and mortgages. You said yourself that you wouldn’t turn it down. If you are so worried about moral obligations, shouldn’t you not accept the loan forgiveness and pay your student loan back yourself.

Similarly with the black traitors like that go on Faux News and criticize slavery reparations. You know darn well that if reparations get signed into law that they ain’t going to accept that money.
Do you pay try to limit your federal and state tax exposure? Do you take exemptions? Or, do you pay as much in taxes as possible?
Again, the problem is, you took out a loan for college because you were told to get a college degree that will help you get a good paying job. The problem is, too many people didn't do enough critical thinking and research to determine the ROI. I have no sympathy for someone who took out a $100K loan, got a degree in art appreciation and then complain that the only job they can get is at Starbucks for $8 and hour slingin lattes.

(but, to your other points about black reparations, you know danm well I'm signing up for that program is it ever happens.....which is won't so I won't hold my breath. White libs like Bob, Indy35 and Purduefan1 can give all the money they want to a black guy on the street if they feel guilty).

Well it's not THAT simple. Did they know when they were 19 how life was going to work out? Sure, you can argue they should have done better financially during their career, made better decisions, worked a second job, whatever. But I think it's safe to say when they were in college they thought they would be able to pay back the loan and fully intended to.
Sometimes life kicks you in the balls. It's called the "real world".

Reactions: Indy_Rider
It’s not relevant. Even if you hate it the money was given away disproportionately to big corporations and the wealthy. And as we know the very poor get welfare.

I’ve never gotten a dime, but If they’re gonna give away 4 trill, maybe it’s time i get something like this in between all the welfare, oil subsidies, subsidizing tech, wars to usurp foreign resources that don’t go to me etc etc etc etc etc etc

I think one time I was on unemployment for six weeks. That’s the beginning and end of everything I ever got.

OR why don’t all cares recipients and 08 bail out recipients and on and on and on give that money back
So your argument is since the gov continues to do stupid things, at least you would benefit this time? I guess I'd rather us not fund stupid things as it tends to encourage the behavior by setting expectations that the tax payer will bail out any stupid decision ever made, which is of course tyrannical.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
So your argument is since the gov continues to do stupid things, at least you would benefit this time? I guess I'd rather us not fund stupid things as it tends to encourage the behavior by setting expectations that the tax payer will bail out any stupid decision ever made, which is of course tyrannical.
So your argument is “do a million stupid things that don’t benefit you, but when it finally might, this HAS to stop now.”

How about they make welfare, corporate subsidies and sweetheart giveaways up to me and the rest of the working class.. THEN when it’s a tie we try your way.

all I’ve ever done in my life is pay in and not get out.

Do it. @Tony79 made a great post a year or so ago that was basically...**** it, lets do it, I'm tired of arguing. Lets just do your idea of utopia and burn it down.

Forgive all student loans. In 2024 I am going to campaign in Penn, Wisc, Mich, Minn, Arizona, etc. on you bailing out baristas with degrees from Oberlin vs. the plumber.

I will win. By a lot.

Reactions: bonefish1
2CRO.gif

Did you read the article? Where in there does it say he ran on wiping out all student debt. Because aren’t you saying he ran on just wiping it out entirely? The article clearly states what his platform was and it most certainly was not just to wipe the slate clean.
And he wanted a Congress solution.

Of course you would. But yet you criticize a program that may be signed into law that would forgive the loans of current student debt holders.
Because it's dumb... You're teaching these people that they don't have to be responsible for their decisions, not to mention passing on that debt (trillions of dollars) on to the taxpayers, most of whom already paid off their student loans. I mean, what could go wrong? A little inflation? Who cares, we haven't had much of that lately.

Last edited:
Interesting how y’all are all about FREEDOM except when you’re not, even when it has nothing to do with you. And how you’re against government interfering, except when you’re not, even when it has nothing to do with you. And how you call democrats pedophiles, except you’re the ones concerned about what’s between a child’s legs.
It's called psychology. Kids are not capable of understanding such complex issues at the ages that you monsters are pushing on them. (see what I did there)

People are going to act in their own best self interests, especially when it comes to financial interests.
But, loan forgiveness isn't just a financial argument. I believe there's a moral and ethical component involved.

You took out a loan. You promised to pay it back. You couldn't pay it back and therefore, you broke your promise (you were in breach of contract with has implications).
There has to be consequences for bad decisionmaking. In the 'real world', that means repossession or foreclosure. But in the world of democrats and liberals, that means "we'll won't hold you accountable." Just vote for me.
FIFY

I'm willing to bet that those kicks to the balls made you make better decisions going forward too.
The mistakes helped me make better decisions. The kicks were events or circumstances out of my control. Just shit happens. Reinforced lessons learned but forgotten about how to let things go and get back up after after getting knocked down.

The mistakes helped me make better decisions. The kicks were events or circumstances out of my control. Just shit happens. Reinforced lessons learned but forgotten about how to let things go and get back up after after getting knocked down.
And those were good lessons to learn. Lessons we will be denying a lot of people from learning by bailing them out.

After his first divorce.......which he did not want.......a buddy of mine said he played the Stones "You can't always get what you want" like a zillion times. Sometimes life sucks. Gotta move on.
You're leaving the board?

That would make life suck less for the rest of us. Thanks!

After his first divorce.......which he did not want.......a buddy of mine said he played the Stones "You can't always get what you want" like a zillion times. Sometimes life sucks. Gotta move on.
Bob most of the time you come off as a bag of hot air but if you'd pass this post on to today's youth you'd be doing them a great favor.

False comparison.

If govt decides to tax billaiies more, perhaps use it to pay for the vast number of programs now.....that are in deficit spending already.

NO new Govt programs needed.....pay for the ones you have now! Or eliminate them if you can't pay for them.
Who will vote to get rid of Medicare and social security how long will that line be

People are going to act in their own best self interests, especially when it comes to financial interests.
But, loan forgiveness isn't just a financial argument. I believe there's a moral and ethical component involved.

You took out a loan. You promised to pay it back. You couldn't pay it back and therefore, you broke your promise (you were in breach of contract with has implications).
There has to be consequences for bad decisionmaking. In the 'real world', that means repossession or foreclosure. But in the world of democrats and liberals, that means "we'll won't hold you accountable."
If paying back debt is a moral and ethical issue, why are you guys flying Trump flags in your yards? Why so upset about a person making 80k getting loan forgiveness while the beloved leader of the Republican Party is a billionaire with six corporate bankruptcies to the tune of billions of dollars? He didn’t pay a dime of his personal wealth. I’ll wait while you guys demand moral accountability.

• Haha
If paying back debt is a moral and ethical issue, why are you guys flying Trump flags in your yards? Why so upset about a person making 80k getting loan forgiveness while the beloved leader of the Republican Party is a billionaire with six corporate bankruptcies to the tune of billions of dollars? He didn’t pay a dime of his personal wealth. I’ll wait while you guys demand moral accountability.
Did the US government bail him out…or was it the banks that loaned him the money?

• Love
Who will vote to get rid of Medicare and social security how long will that line be
I don't think you want to go down that road unless you want to separate those that are receiving but did not contribute. I started working in 1968 and continued til 2019. I paid into both funds every year during that time. I truly am entitled to the benefits. If the government screwed up the funding I had nothing to do with that.

Did the US government bail him out…or was it the banks that loaned him the money?
The banks didn't bail him out, a Federal judge ruled on the bankruptcy filing and discharged his debt to the banks. The banks didn't volunteer to lose their money. And since it was a corporate bankruptcy, Trump didn't pay a dime, didn't lose any of his personal assets or wealth, didn't hurt his credit. Over and over and over again at the tune of BILLIONS of dollars.

So again, if you are rocking your MAGA hat, and flying your Trump flag, and also mad that someone making 80k might get some of their debt cancelled, I'm just curious how you square those two things. Doesn't make sense to me.

For what it's worth, I don't want to see debt cancelled. I want to see student loans eligible for bankruptcy, so the people that really cannot afford them can present their case to a judge. If a billionaire can walk away from his failed businesses completely unscathed, then the average person with student debt should have the same opportunity.

The banks didn't bail him out, a Federal judge ruled on the bankruptcy filing and discharged his debt to the banks. The banks didn't volunteer to lose their money. And since it was a corporate bankruptcy, Trump didn't pay a dime, didn't lose any of his personal assets or wealth, didn't hurt his credit. Over and over and over again at the tune of BILLIONS of dollars.

So again, if you are rocking your MAGA hat, and flying your Trump flag, and also mad that someone making 80k might get some of their debt cancelled, I'm just curious how you square those two things. Doesn't make sense to me.

For what it's worth, I don't want to see debt cancelled. I want to see student loans eligible for bankruptcy, so the people that really cannot afford them can present their case to a judge. If a billionaire can walk away from his failed businesses completely unscathed, then the average person with student debt should have the same opportunity.
Point being… the government did not take on the responsibility of Trumps debts.

Biden is maybe taking on the responsibility of near $2T in student loan debts, making it the responsibility of all tax payers.

Point being… the government did not take on the responsibility of Trumps debts.

Biden is maybe taking on the responsibility of near $2T in student loan debts, making it the responsibility of all tax payers.
You don't think you are paying for Trump's bankruptcies? Banks need to make a profit. So when people like Trump are discharged from billions in debt, they make it up with higher fees, higher overdrafts, etc. You think they shrug their shoulders and say "well I didn't need that half a billion dollars."

You don't think you are paying for Trump's bankruptcies? Banks need to make a profit. So when people like Trump are discharged from billions in debt, they make it up with higher fees, higher overdrafts, etc. You think they shrug their shoulders and say "well I didn't need that half a billion dollars."
You must have a big one you are hoping to get pd off for you.

You must have a big one you are hoping to get pd off for you.
I already said I'd prefer to not forgive student debt. But at least at least give them the same opportunity as our former billionaire President. Make it something that you can submit for bankruptcy if you are really in need. I do have student loans, but I don't need help.

I already said I'd prefer to not forgive student debt. But at least at least give them the same opportunity as our former billionaire President. Make it something that you can submit for bankruptcy if you are really in need. I do have student loans, but I don't need help.
You have views on how people serving in govt have made millions and millions? Who do you think that costs?

I don't think you want to go down that road unless you want to separate those that are receiving but did not contribute. I started working in 1968 and continued til 2019. I paid into both funds every year during that time. I truly am entitled to the benefits. If the government screwed up the funding I had nothing to do with that.
One party never wanted either one of them was dragged kicking and screaming into it but they know how to it better now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT