ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like we offered 4 kids today at camp...

2 of them said "University of Purdue"... do they not respect us??? What does it mean??

TIC lol

The standard name is of course "P"urdue "U"niversity. But "the university of" Purdue is also correct. It's like calling Indiana as "the state of" Indiana. Had they called us "University of" Purdue, that would have been a cause for concern. As always, "the" makes a world of difference in "the language of" English. :)

Back to the recruits, do we have any real chance with any of them, or was this one of those scouting offers?

Love and Johnson have some strong offers. Not saying anything about what that means... just that they do.

The standard name is of course "P"urdue "U"niversity. But "the university of" Purdue is also correct. It's like calling Indiana as "the state of" Indiana. Had they called us "University of" Purdue, that would have been a cause for concern. As always, "the" makes a world of difference in "the language of" English. :)

I’m sorry, but you’re incorrect. I stared at your writing a long time trying to figure out if you were joking or not.

Reactions: Cleanface
I’m sorry, but you’re incorrect. I stared at your writing a long time trying to figure out if you were joking or not.

I am open to any criticism. But frankly, the polite thing to do when pointing out someone's error would be to show WHERE the error is, instead of just stating as a matter of fact.

Forgive me if I sound a bit edgy, but I spent the last hour arguing on a politics board so I am still a little tense.

"Purdue coach Matt Painter offered scholarships to both in-state prospects following the Boilermakers' Elite Camp at the France A. Cordova Recreational Sports Center."

Seriously??

I am open to any criticism. But frankly, the polite thing to do when pointing out someone's error would be to show WHERE the error is, instead of just stating as a matter of fact.

Forgive me if I sound a bit edgy, but I spent the last hour arguing on a politics board so I am still a little tense.

Your error is that you think saying “the university of Purdue” is correct. If you honestly think that, then we probably should just agree to disagree. You can keep on calling it that, but it’s not a good look. Especially if you have a degree from here.

We just need for Thursday to get here so we can hit somebody. Too much dead time since we had a game of any kind to talk about.
lot of truth here. People getting upset about a lot of things. All should go away if Purdue gets a "W" Thursday night.

Your error is that you think saying “the university of Purdue” is correct. If you honestly think that, then we probably should just agree to disagree. You can keep on calling it that, but it’s not a good look. Especially if you have a degree from here.

I'm not saying "the university of Purdue" is correct. I'm saying the university of "Purdue" is.

Consider this: I got accepted into universities of Duke, North Carolina, Cornell, and Rutgers. While this is not a typical way of listing names of universities, it is also not incorrect. An older way of saying things, if you will. I was just cutting a little break to the kids.

There's your first mistake.

As a former politico intertron warrior, let me give you a piece of advice; stop wasting your time and serenity arguing with strangers on the internet. It does nothing but harm your soul. No matter how right you think you are, or how impassioned your arguments, you'll never change their minds and they'll never change yours.

We are in control of nothing except ourselves. How we choose to interact with the world. The universe is going to play a tune each day, and it's up to each of us to decide whether we are going to dance to that tune and go with it, or rail against it with all our might. IMO choosing to waste your life effort arguing is a colossal mistake that achieves nothing.

In my experience, letting go of that glitch we have to try and fix, manage and control other people, things, events, and everything around us - is the true path to freedom, happiness, and peace.

giphy.gif

And yeah, University of Purdue sounds ridiculous, but whatever. Hope they can ball out!

As a former politico intertron warrior, let me give you a piece of advice; stop wasting your time and serenity arguing with strangers on the internet. It does nothing but harm your soul. No matter how right you think you are, or how impassioned your arguments, you'll never change their minds and they'll never change yours.

We are in control of nothing except ourselves. How we choose to interact with the world. The universe is going to play a tune each day, and it's up to each of us to decide whether we are going to dance to that tune and go with it, or rail against it with all our might. IMO choosing to waste your life effort arguing is a colossal mistake that achieves nothing.

In my experience, letting go of that glitch we have to try and fix, manage and control other people, things, events, and everything around us - is the true path to freedom, happiness, and peace.

giphy.gif

And yeah, University of Purdue sounds ridiculous, but whatever. Hope they can ball out!
Sooooo much truth to this. Still, I get pulled in sometimes even though I know it "mostly" is a waste, but sometimes a person is undecided that may be reading and could be influenced. It fascinates me how people could see or hear the same things and have a different take. I see some alignments with the "type of education", approach to religion and demographic area that seem to yield different understandings. Still, I found this video suggesting we have some biological lean. I am really fascinated with all I've seen from this intellectual and here is but one of many short videos relative to biology. Still, no matter our leans...no matter whether a mixture of biology and the others...we have a choice and you are 100% correct in how that choice plays out in Internet forums. ;)

giphy.gif

I'm printing and framing this!!!! Thank you.

giphy.gif

I can relate to the "frustration" of trying to argue rationally with folks on political forums. And an additional element in the age of Trump is the fact that many of the "people" you try to converse rationally with are either trolls or bots. It's addictive,but ultimately it's a losing proposition...

Reactions: ChuckJr
I can relate to the "frustration" of trying to argue rationally with folks on political forums. And an additional element in the age of Trump is the fact that many of the "people" you try to converse rationally with are either trolls or bots. It's addictive,but ultimately it's a losing proposition...
You just said the T word... oh noes...

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Cleanface, tjreese, Do Dah Day, cosmickid, New Pal, you're all worthless. You guys know nothing! Are you truly going to deny the value of arguing on the internet?
Why's your face clean, anyway? Did your smile get 'wiped' away by when somebody showed you how ridiculous your posts are?
What's tj stand for? Total Jerk?
cosmickid, is your immaturity of galactic proportions?
Do Dah Day? What does that even mean? I just wish you would 'zippity' your mouth and spare us the nonsense.
And New Pal, what happened to all your old pals? Did they finally get tired of you and boot you to the curb?

I'm just going to put you all on ignore and hopefully get some relief from the worthless drivel that passes for discussion on this board. I can hardly stand it any more. Geesh!

:)

Last edited:
Cleanface, tjreese, Do Dah Day, cosmickid, New Pal, you're all worthless. You guys know nothing! Are you truly going to deny the value of arguing on the internet?
Why's your face clean, anyway? Did your smile get 'wiped' away by when somebody showed you how ridiculous your posts are?
What's tj stand for? Total Jerk?
cosmickid, is your immaturity of galactic proportions?
Do Dah Day? What does that even mean? I just wish you would 'zippity' your mouth and spare us the nonsense.
And New Pal, what happened to all your old pals? Did they finally get tired of you and boot you to the curb?

I'm just going to put you all on ignore and hopefully get some relief from the worthless drivel that passes for discussion on this board. I can hardly stand it any more. Geesh!

:)
Some call me total jerk, others call me total jerkoff still others call me total jackass, but ya doesn't have to call me the johnson. A bit about my cousin Ray..

Sooooo much truth to this. Still, I get pulled in sometimes even though I know it "mostly" is a waste, but sometimes a person is undecided that may be reading and could be influenced. It fascinates me how people could see or hear the same things and have a different take. I see some alignments with the "type of education", approach to religion and demographic area that seem to yield different understandings. Still, I found this video suggesting we have some biological lean. I am really fascinated with all I've seen from this intellectual and here is but one of many short videos relative to biology. Still, no matter our leans...no matter whether a mixture of biology and the others...we have a choice and you are 100% correct in how that choice plays out in Internet forums. ;)

Just used Jordan Peterson in my classes today for my ‘hook’ in to class. I use a ‘hashtag of the day’ to start my class and today was #tiptuesday. I had a portion of an interview where he was asked what piece of advice would you give your 16 year old self. Good stuff! I have a ton of them and kids seem to be able to get through my class with less and less issues when I’m able to hook them in with something relevant to them but not necessarily about our class. For example, I am doing a #wellnesswednesday tomorrow and each of my classes will take a 5 min walk from our room to the outdoors for a moment and back inside. For a lot of kids who struggle with focusing and sitting still, they have an easier time getting through class and retaining material. I’ve also noticed kids go to their phones less in my class when I use these things. Others have been #TheoryThursdsy, #FitnessFriday, #TravelTuesdsy, #WorkItOutWednesday, and #MondayFunday (student favorite where we play Heads Up and the classes compete for a treat on me.

Going to use more Jordan through the semester.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
After reading the last several post in this thread ,I am starting to believe there is some hope for mankind!

Just used Jordan Peterson in my classes today for my ‘hook’ in to class. I use a ‘hashtag of the day’ to start my class and today was #tiptuesday. I had a portion of an interview where he was asked what piece of advice would you give your 16 year old self. Good stuff! I have a ton of them and kids seem to be able to get through my class with less and less issues when I’m able to hook them in with something relevant to them but not necessarily about our class. For example, I am doing a #wellnesswednesday tomorrow and each of my classes will take a 5 min walk from our room to the outdoors for a moment and back inside. For a lot of kids who struggle with focusing and sitting still, they have an easier time getting through class and retaining material. I’ve also noticed kids go to their phones less in my class when I use these things. Others have been #TheoryThursdsy, #FitnessFriday, #TravelTuesdsy, #WorkItOutWednesday, and #MondayFunday (student favorite where we play Heads Up and the classes compete for a treat on me.

Going to use more Jordan through the semester.
What I have heard from him ...has me hooked. Very interesting man..and he has discussed in videos about the drugs kids are on for ADHD and so forth...kids need more physical activity than their thumbs and fingers! :)

As a youngster I always liked math competition at the board, but as you know ed school doesn't like competition in general. I loved Blough talking about the board in the weight room where lifts and academics were listed for all to see and David saying ..."We are accountable to others"...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT