ADVERTISEMENT

Last Game of Season

pubill

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2021
Really want to put Wiscy away and win today and win BT by at least 3 games again this year. It will be fitting finale for Edey and the seniors and make all happy.

But I am still in camp that does not care at all about the BTT , and think it will do nothing but wear us out for the Big Dance if we play alll 3 games and put us in for more chance for injuries. I do realize we may be playing IU on Friday and that is hard for me to stomach losing to them, but I am still focusing on the big prize. I want a Final 4 for Matt and Zach and the team and yes, would rather we win the whole prize, but a Final 4 gets the narrative and monkey off our back. Losing to whoever on Friday is worth it, if it helps us to get that prize.

I know Matt will play to win on Friday and each game in BTT tourney. I would like us to play Heide, Colvin and Berg 20-25 minutes on Friday and see what turns out, and possibly will shed some light on options for the Dance.

Really want to put Wiscy away and win today and win BT by at least 3 games again this year. It will be fitting finale for Edey and the seniors and make all happy.

But I am still in camp that does not care at all about the BTT , and think it will do nothing but wear us out for the Big Dance if we play alll 3 games and put us in for more chance for injuries. I do realize we may be playing IU on Friday and that is hard for me to stomach losing to them, but I am still focusing on the big prize. I want a Final 4 for Matt and Zach and the team and yes, would rather we win the whole prize, but a Final 4 gets the narrative and monkey off our back. Losing to whoever on Friday is worth it, if it helps us to get that prize.

I know Matt will play to win on Friday and each game in BTT tourney. I would like us to play Heide, Colvin and Berg 20-25 minutes on Friday and see what turns out, and possibly will shed some light on options for the Dance.
You want to enter the tourney with a loss? To IU?

Reactions: rgarlitz

I'm not a huge fan of the BTT, never have been. I think it's a chance for teams that don't deserve to be in the big dance, one last chance to make it. IU, as one perfect example.

That said, I also believe that if it's on your schedule, you play to win. I do not think playing 3 games in 3 days and then having 5 days off and traveling a couple hours lessens our chance to win a National Championship.

Play the games. Play to win, play hard but decreased playing time for starters when feasible seems logical. The Players are going to want to play to win the tournament as it is one of their preseason stated goals on the way to going deep in the NCAAdance.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Never does a team want to lose a game, it could start a trend. It's important to keep the competitive edge from start to finish. - Now let's go win a BTT.

I'm not a huge fan of the BTT, never have been. I think it's a chance for teams that don't deserve to be in the big dance, one last chance to make it. IU, as one perfect example.

That said, I also believe that if it's on your schedule, you play to win. I do not think playing 3 games in 3 days and then having 5 days off and traveling a couple hours lessens our chance to win a National Championship.
Especially with the Frosh backcourt being sophomores and know what to expect now.

The last Big Ten Team to win it all won the regular season And BTT.

And no team has ever won't the NCAAT with making it to at least the semifinals of their conference tournament (if their conference had one)

The OSU women’s team had the #1 seed and had a bye and rest and were flat as a result and lost their first game. And now people are saying they lost their #1 seed in the NCAA tournament because of that loss.

I posted this Sunday and still stand by, especially with what Braden is going thru, that I don't care if we lose the BTT, set Braden today and make sure he is as healthy as possible for next week.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
The OSU women’s team had the #1 seed and had a bye and rest and were flat as a result and lost their first game. And now people are saying they lost their #1 seed in the NCAA tournament because of that loss.
We won’t lose the 1 seed and will be playing in Indy. We have had it on lock since two weeks ago and we could have lost during that time and still been a 1.

I posted this Sunday and still stand by, especially with what Braden is going thru, that I don't care if we lose the BTT, set Braden today and make sure he is as healthy as possible for next week.
Boy, that's a toughie. But you might be right in this instance.

Tell the starters “if you want rest, then get up 30 and I’ll throw the bench in” - CMP
if u set goals and your primary goal-winning NCAAT is to come, and could be negatively affected by circumstances trying to get 2ndary goals, u set aside the 2ndary ones and do what you can best to get primary goal. We have secured our 1 seed and our destinations we most want, so nothing to hurt our primary goal by setting Braden and let him rest and heal for next week. Get Colvin and Heide more time and who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT