ADVERTISEMENT

Slightly OT: E'Twaun Moore and Anthony Davis lead Pelicans over Raptors

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
E'Twaun Moore had his season high scoring game last night with 30 pts on 13/18 (3/5) from the field and Anthony Davis "chipped in" with 25 points and 20 rebounds as the New Orleans Pelicans surprised the Toronto Raptors 126-110, dealing Toronto its first home loss and only second loss of the young season.

From the AP report:

"Without his performance, we don't win this game," Davis said. "Once he gets hot, he gets hot. It opened up a lot of things for our team. He played huge for us tonight."

Moore was 5 of 6 in the first quarter and made sure the Raptors would not mount any kind of comeback in the fourth by making five of his final six shots.

"I was in a good rhythm," he said. "Any time you're in a good rhythm, feeling good, you've got to be aggressive and take it.
"

E'Twaun Moore had his season high scoring game last night with 30 pts on 13/18 (3/5) from the field and Anthony Davis "chipped in" with 25 points and 20 rebounds as the New Orleans Pelicans surprised the Toronto Raptors 126-110, dealing Toronto its first home loss and only second loss of the young season.

From the AP report:

"Without his performance, we don't win this game," Davis said. "Once he gets hot, he gets hot. It opened up a lot of things for our team. He played huge for us tonight."

Moore was 5 of 6 in the first quarter and made sure the Raptors would not mount any kind of comeback in the fourth by making five of his final six shots.

"I was in a good rhythm," he said. "Any time you're in a good rhythm, feeling good, you've got to be aggressive and take it.
"

Looked a little like a game in Mackey several years ago against the Buckeyes! He and the Pelicans have something going when they're healthy - beating Toronto is a hell of a road win.

A lot of pump fake and drive to the basket. We talk about athletes all the time and why Purdue needs more of them but I don't see a superior athlete when I watch him play. Very smooth, under control and a good to great shot. That's what I see. Like a guy I was trying to guard down at the beach in South Florida years ago. The dude was playing in shower shoes (cheep flip flops) and I could still not stay with him.

He's hot again tonight @the TWolves. 18 at half - 4/4 from 3

That's back-to-back 30pt games for Moore. One of only 15 NBA players to pull that off so far this year.

giphy-downsized.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT