ADVERTISEMENT

Sampson James

Kyle Neddenriep states Sampson James has decommitted from OSU.

Purdue has a huge need at RB and has one of the best/most exciting offenses in the country. Seems like a good fit to me.

If Purdue lands Bell, James and GK that would give them the 3 best players out of Indiana. That’s big time.

Several IU crystal ball picks. Hopefully Purdue can make a move for him.

Several IU crystal ball picks. Hopefully Purdue can make a move for him.

It certainly is not a guarantee for Purdue, especially if it not a football related decision. But, IU has a bunch of good RBs and their starter is a freshman. Purdue has nothing guaranteed at that position with a lot leaving. Purdue also has a much better system on offense and a ‘19 class that is pretty dang impressive.

Wait until he takes his OV to that empty stadium. This is not even closr to being over

Wait until he takes his OV to that empty stadium. This is not even closr to being over
I would think if he had interest in Purdue he wouldn’t have committed to IU so quickly. I could be wrong though. It is 2 and a half months to signing day.

It doesn't sound like he's ever been interested in Purdue. I know Brohm has recruited him and said great things about him. But I've never seen anything from his camps that seemed to express a mutual interest.

An empty stadium won’t be news to him. Unless he’s only visited for Ohio State games, he’s never seen the stands full. Good luck to him.

It doesn't sound like he's ever been interested in Purdue. I know Brohm has recruited him and said great things about him. But I've never seen anything from his camps that seemed to express a mutual interest.

Not worried .. look at our defense in no order

DE Reviere Karlaftis Marks
DT watts reviere
DT Neal faucheaux
DE Higgins Hunter Barnes
LB Bailey Larry
LB Jones Smith
LB Barnes Alexander
CB Major Rucker
FS Mosley Smiley
S B Thienemann Grant
CB Mackey Ball

No depth chart .. just the sheer talent in numbers they are gonna start with. You want to go to IU and go 2-6 on your back half every year Sampson have at it.

Kyle Neddenriep states Sampson James has decommitted from OSU.

Purdue has a huge need at RB and has one of the best/most exciting offenses in the country. Seems like a good fit to me.

If Purdue lands Bell, James and GK that would give them the 3 best players out of Indiana. That’s big time.

Sampson it’s Sheila mama fell

Reactions: Frankie611
Help me out guys. No one seems to talk much about TJ Sheffield on here. Does he project as a wide out or slot? I’ve just been noticing he has been putting up fabulous numbers this season. Maybe his HS plays a soft schedule, I don’t know.

Help me out guys. No one seems to talk much about TJ Sheffield on here. Does he project as a wide out or slot? I’ve just been noticing he has been putting up fabulous numbers this season. Maybe his HS plays a soft schedule, I don’t know.

TJ plays the same position as rondale ... might be why

Good for Sampson...good for Purdue since they can move on and focus their resources elsewhere.

Purdue still needs a feature back. I would love somebody like Robinson, but Purdue seems to be third place in that race.

It’s odd that IU gets trounced by Ohio State and then he announces for IU right after. My guess that football is not the lead in his decision. I think he will be very good for IU but they already have a feature back that is a freshman.

I know Purdue is a pass happy offense but they have actually been very good running the ball. The RBs have put up some good numbers with several big plays. I am kind of surprised Purdue hasn’t landed a higher rated RB. Especially considering how good the class has been.

I am still a fan of Romier Elliott. Even in a relatively quiet game against Carmel and he still had 174 yards and 2 TD, against another very stout defense. If Robinson goes elsewhere, I would definitely take a chance. Could help the chances of landing Bell as an added bonus.

I look at it this way....this state is getting to the point where both schools can get players and start competing...

I know I know ...IU sucks, but it would be nice to get to the point where both are competing for bowl position, not just the bucket....

I have to believe his decision was made up long before the IU/OSU game. And I've noticed a lot of players decommit and commit to another team usually within 24 hours.

Why did he choose IU? Mama Bears pizza? Peer pressure? Something outside football? Probably.

So no more mention of drew brees i assume?
When the university and program has a history that is documented and known as the Cradle of Quarterbacks and the position currently holds a ton of NFL records.....yeah, they can make a claim there.

IU has Anthony Thomas and Tevin Coleman.

I could list the QB's for Purdue but I'm guessing you know most of them by now.

Purdue doesn't go clamoring a history at the position of RB because they don't have a history of RB's...and arguably Purdue has a better historical record of RB's than IU does.

When the university and program has a history that is documented and known as the Cradle of Quarterbacks and the position currently holds a ton of NFL records.....yeah, they can

IU has Anthony Thomas and Tevin Coleman.

I could list the QB's for Purdue but I'm guessing you know most of them by now.

Purdue doesn't go clamoring a history at the position of RB because they don't have a history of RB's...and arguably Purdue has a better historical record of RB's than IU does.

Well, you missed the point entirely, but that's OK. It was kinda about current coaches versus former coaches. See?

I would suspect a player like James probably has enough confidence in his own abilities that he believes he could start immediately almost anywhere. And unlike basketball, he's not going to be a one and done.

I haven't really surveyed OSU's team or their incoming recruits. I have to believe the y are loaded at every position.

IU has a bunch of RBs. I have to believe James believes he'll start. That said, I also have to believe James would have started at Purdue next year as well. maybe his commitment to IU is an omen that Purdue has an unannounced RB already in the fold. here's hoping.

or maybe having to compete against Horvath scared him off.

I would suspect a player like James probably has enough confidence in his own abilities that he believes he could start immediately almost anywhere. And unlike basketball, he's not going to be a one and done.

I haven't really surveyed OSU's team or their incoming recruits. I have to believe the y are loaded at every position.

IU has a bunch of RBs. I have to believe James believes he'll start. That said, I also have to believe James would have started at Purdue next year as well. maybe his commitment to IU is an omen that Purdue has an unannounced RB already in the fold. here's hoping.

or maybe having to compete against Horvath scared him off.

IU has Walker and Scott, both true freshman that are playing a lot and playing well. Walker was a top 500 guy in his class as well.

Look, James may start for IU as a true freshman, but Scott and Walker are going to get touches.

Purdue has 849 rushing yards and IU has 981 with an extra game under their belt. Purdue will likely finish the year with very similar rushing numbers. The difference? Purdue has Moore, who opens up ridiculous run lanes. Whoever ends up at Purdue as the feature back is going to feast. Hewitt has a chance to be that guy for Purdue. He is putting up ridiculous numbers against lesser compition. A dominant running back would be very helpful. I would like a speedster that can catch and an all purpose back.

I saw an article for John Branham, a back out of Ohio. Said he just visited Purdue and doesn’t have an offer, but he really wants one.

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Branham-Jr-86342/

Also, King Doerue, who was supposed to visit but had to miss. There was speculation that he could commit on his visit.

https://247sports.com/Player/King-Doerue-46037388/

And of course Robinson, who has the potential to be the next Sproles and literally the perfect fit for Brohm’s offense. But, who knows where he ends up. Very possible it is whoever he visits last, but he will be making a decision soon enough and enroll early.

Guys, I’d rather not be able to get a top running back than a top QB. And no, Michael Penix is no more that than AJ Bush is

IU has Walker and Scott, both true freshman that are playing a lot and playing well. Walker was a top 500 guy in his class as well.

Look, James may start for IU as a true freshman, but Scott and Walker are going to get touches.

Purdue has 849 rushing yards and IU has 981 with an extra game under their belt. Purdue will likely finish the year with very similar rushing numbers. The difference? Purdue has Moore, who opens up ridiculous run lanes. Whoever ends up at Purdue as the feature back is going to feast. Hewitt has a chance to be that guy for Purdue. He is putting up ridiculous numbers against lesser compition. A dominant running back would be very helpful. I would like a speedster that can catch and an all purpose back.

I saw an article for John Branham, a back out of Ohio. Said he just visited Purdue and doesn’t have an offer, but he really wants one.

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Branham-Jr-86342/

Also, King Doerue, who was supposed to visit but had to miss. There was speculation that he could commit on his visit.

https://247sports.com/Player/King-Doerue-46037388/

And of course Robinson, who has the potential to be the next Sproles and literally the perfect fit for Brohm’s offense. But, who knows where he ends up. Very possible it is whoever he visits last, but he will be making a decision soon enough and enroll early.
I've also heard heavy speculation that King may commit to Purdue on his OV. Rumor has it he's basically shut down all other recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT