ADVERTISEMENT

Samford kicker Mitchell Fineran transfers to Purdue

Boiler Addict

True Freshman
Feb 19, 2020
Fills a position of need!

2020-2021: 15/18 FGs, long of 50. 1 blocked.
31/54 touchbacks.
32/33 XP.

2019 (Sophomore): Named second team All-SoCon . . . served as the team’s main place-kicker in all 12 games . . . made 15-of-21 field goals and 46-of-47 extra points for a total of 91 points, leading the team in scoring . . . had a long field goal of 45 yards . . . kicked off 66 times, averaging 58.7 yards per kickoff, including 23 touchbacks . . . scored a career-high 16 points, making three field goals and seven extra points at Tennessee Tech . . . made three PATs and a career-high four field goals, good for 15 points at Mercer . . . made two field goals and seven PATs each, scoring 13 points each against Alabama A&M and The Citadel . . . kicked five PATs and two field goals at VMI.

2018 (Freshman): Named to the SoCon’s All-Freshman team . . . served as the team’s main place-kicker . . . made 13-of-17 field goals, and he was good on all 50 PAT attempts for a team-high 89 points . . . had a long field goal of 46 yards . . . also handled kickoffs, averaging 57.1 yards on 69 kickoffs . . . scored 12 points against both Western Carolina and VMI, making 9-of-9 extra points and one field goal in each game . . . was 2-for-2 in field goals and 2-for-2 in PATs at Florida State . . . scored nine points each against Shorter and The Citadel.

High School: Fineran was named an All-State kicker at Peach County High School . . . he was also ranked among the top 30 high school kickers in the nation, and he was rated as a five-star kicker by Kohls Kicking for the class of 2018 . . . he was selected to play in the Rising Seniors All-Star game on ESPN . . . as a senior, Fineran made 13-of-19 field goal attempts and 80-of-81 PAT attempts . . . he made five career field goals of 50 yards or more . . . he ranked second in the country in kickoffs for touchbacks . . . he made 32-of-51 career field goals and 193-of-205 PATs.

Last edited:
Fills a position of need!

2019 (Sophomore): Named second team All-SoCon . . . served as the team’s main place-kicker in all 12 games . . . made 15-of-21 field goals and 46-of-47 extra points for a total of 91 points, leading the team in scoring . . . had a long field goal of 45 yards . . . kicked off 66 times, averaging 58.7 yards per kickoff, including 23 touchbacks . . . scored a career-high 16 points, making three field goals and seven extra points at Tennessee Tech . . . made three PATs and a career-high four field goals, good for 15 points at Mercer . . . made two field goals and seven PATs each, scoring 13 points each against Alabama A&M and The Citadel . . . kicked five PATs and two field goals at VMI.

2018 (Freshman): Named to the SoCon’s All-Freshman team . . . served as the team’s main place-kicker . . . made 13-of-17 field goals, and he was good on all 50 PAT attempts for a team-high 89 points . . . had a long field goal of 46 yards . . . also handled kickoffs, averaging 57.1 yards on 69 kickoffs . . . scored 12 points against both Western Carolina and VMI, making 9-of-9 extra points and one field goal in each game . . . was 2-for-2 in field goals and 2-for-2 in PATs at Florida State . . . scored nine points each against Shorter and The Citadel.

High School: Fineran was named an All-State kicker at Peach County High School . . . he was also ranked among the top 30 high school kickers in the nation, and he was rated as a five-star kicker by Kohls Kicking for the class of 2018 . . . he was selected to play in the Rising Seniors All-Star game on ESPN . . . as a senior, Fineran made 13-of-19 field goal attempts and 80-of-81 PAT attempts . . . he made five career field goals of 50 yards or more . . . he ranked second in the country in kickoffs for touchbacks . . . he made 32-of-51 career field goals and 193-of-205 PATs.
If the reviews in Spring were as alarming to the coaches as they seemed to us fans hearing about it, then it is a very good move. Quality kickers can help win a game or two during the season.

At first I misread this as a Stanford kicker, and thought "Oh. great". Then I saw that I misread it, and it was Samford. I hope that he provides the kicking skills that Purdue needs and wish him well.

Reactions: boiler800
Will be interesting to see how this team pulls together, Brohm seemed to grab some nice pieces via the portal, still hoping he nabs a lighting fast RB for change of pace, unless that guy is already on the team.

Reactions: Sophie1970
We definitely need to solidify our Special Teams. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction.

Wow. This is great news. This will now make Purdue the Team of Transfers instead of the Cradle of Quarterbacks. We will have to have the most transfer and walk on players than any other team in the nation.
I'm surprised that Alabama and Ohio State has not discovered this fantastic way to build a championship football team. Maybe just maybe Purdue can get a head coach to transfer in to lead the team to victory. The era of recruiting high school players to come to Purdue is dead and gone.

Wow. This is great news. This will now make Purdue the Team of Transfers instead of the Cradle of Quarterbacks. We will have to have the most transfer and walk on players than any other team in the nation.
I'm surprised that Alabama and Ohio State has not discovered this fantastic way to build a championship football team. Maybe just maybe Purdue can get a head coach to transfer in to lead the team to victory. The era of recruiting high school players to come to Purdue is dead and gone.
Ok gramps. Bedtime for you.

Who was OSU's starting QB last year?

yeah, too bad it didn't work out for Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield or LSU's Joe Burrow. To a lesser extent Jacob Eason with Washington or UGA with their last two QB's although the one last year opted out. Man, I'd hate to see Purdue stoop to those levels.

yeah, too bad it didn't work out for Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield or LSU's Joe Burrow. To a lesser extent Jacob Eason with Washington or UGA with their last two QB's although the one last year opted out. Man, I'd hate to see Purdue stoop to those levels.
I’m sure he was also against all the transfers that helped our Haze-depleted roster get to 2 bowl games right off the bat.

Some just don't get it. In recruiting there will always be hits and misses. If you are Ohio St or Alabama your roster is so stacked with talent every year that the misses are hardly noticeable. But if you are a middling P5 program your misses are much more noticeable and deplete your depth. You can either live with misses and pay for them for 4 years or you can improve your roster by supplementing with transfers.

What's the RB from Vanderbilt like? Was reading Purdue was after him
Wondered the same thing yesterday and checked a highlight on him. He has good speed, can take initial contact, but not a complete game changer. Might also have a lot to do with blockers not helping him out that much beyond L.O.S. Blocking sound familiar?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Not true at all and it’s not even close. We have six coming in. I haven’t looked at all teams but several big ten ahead of us including Michigan state with 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT