ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Portal

TX4GB

All-American
May 19, 2012
What is happening at Rutgers? Jacob Young and Myles Johnson in the portal. Young was benched when they started losing after our game with them.

• Wow
Reactions: Schnelk
What is happening at Rutgers? Jacob Young and Myles Johnson in the portal. Young was benched when they started losing after our game with them.
The same thing that his happening just about everywhere else around the country...guys either are genuinely unhappy about the situation they are in, or, they see an opportunity to go someplace they would not otherwise have been able to.

Johnson...may want to go home and play. Young...maybe that is an issue in his case as well. Either way, both guys will have many options.

I was reading on the Rutgers board that Young was not so young for college ball at 24. I forgot Johnson was from the west coast.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
I think this will become commonplace. I also think we will see more of our players entering.
Isn’t this like entering the draft? You’re just sniffing around seeing what could happen, there’s no downside for most guys who aren’t totally happy with their situation. Like a huge game of musical chairs some will be caught out but they have to know that entering the game.

Isn’t the big drawback to doing all of this if you’re a player, the fact that you could enter the portal and alienate yourself from your existing program. Then turn around and nobody takes you and you are out of college basketball, out of college at least free college and your life is turned upside down? How many will actually be on the outside looking in in the fall? Seems like there’s quite a bit of risk unless you’re a very sought after player

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Johnson is big into school and is a grad transfer. Plus I think he never wanted to leave California just none of the Major teams besides Stanford offered him who then rescinded it after he got injured. He is looking for a good Engineering Grad program.

Reactions: TX4GB
Actually I got inside information form a guy from CPU (clown pants university) that all of these players are in the portal so when Brad is announced as the head coach, musselman the offensive coordinator, Chris Beard the defensive coordinator, Marty Simmons food coordinator and Derek Elston trip coordinator they can transfer immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT