ADVERTISEMENT

Rookies shine in exhibition win (link)

This is the best and most athletic group of frosh I have seen on Purdue's WBB team in awhile. They all seem really skilled and you can see that Oden and Harris are going to be major players in their four years here. Cooper also seems to have a lot of potential. This Ursuline team was not terrible and made 15 3's, 45 of their 58 pts. Since we played zone some they had plenty of chances, but their shooting was impressive. This was a solid win without two probable starters in Horrocks and Murphy. Our outside shooting was poor, but the transition game was excellent with only 8 turnovers. I think when Versyp gets a rotation set we will see a pretty decent team this year. Also seems like Keys has found a jump shot which could be huge if that is real. She looks like a shooter now. Will be interesting what we do with the five. Kiesler is slow and Horrocks not much more versatile. MCBryde is going to be a league star and Harris looks like she could rebound too as well as shoot from inside. With Perry in there too as a good rebounder I wonder if we will be 2 forward 3 guard lineup mostly.
P.S. To those of you who keep comparing this team to the national championship teams, you will once again have an unfun season. Probably Maryland and OSu are the only two teams in the conference that can make real noise in the NCAA. The rest will just have to fight it out and I think this Purdue team will be in the thick of the other top teams and fun to watch. Only as always will time tell.

I'm guessing this matchup didn't test our point guard position much and that's probably our key to the season. If we get decent PG play we can be an NCAA tournament team.

agree and I think murphy can handle it but will need some help from at least one other. Morisettee has to shoot when she is on and back off when she is not. That is a hard trick but necessary. The depth they appear to have I think will really help them this year. They should be able to be 9 strong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT