ADVERTISEMENT

For those that missed Julia Edey's message to Zach

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
@Do Dah Day since you specifically as asked for it. ;) The sad part of Monday...win or lose...is not seeing this group together again. The support they have for each other, the growth they have shown, and the effort they have displayed have provided so many joyous occasions as well as the admiration for them individually and collectively as a team. I hope they win, but if they don't they will always hold a special place in my heart for who they are and how they handled adversity. They are so much more than just great basketball players.

Yeah man, that was a real banger. I don't know how Zach didn't get too emotional...hell I had tears in my eyes.
I'll bet he already read it. To see and understand how Zach and some others on the team got to where they are is almost like a fairy tale. Some of the posts AND lack of posts suggest the possibility of some not really grasping or appreciating the growth of individuals, the sacrifice of so many, the handling of adversity and so many things that will be enduring virtues long after they take their last shot. Appreciate all this season has brought, as it has been very special

I'll bet he already read it. To see and understand how Zach and some others on the team got to where they are is almost like a fairy tale. Some of the posts AND lack of posts suggest the possibility of some not really grasping or appreciating the growth of individuals, the sacrifice of so many, the handling of adversity and so many things that will be enduring virtues long after they take their last shot. Appreciate all this season has brought, as it has been very special
Perhaps it takes a few years of being a TRUE fan, of hope and heartbreak. Of getting to know some players personally, some coaches personally, or perhaps it takes a Purdue heart, which is different from other fan's hearts ... but this team is truly, truly family!!! See my next main post about other fan's hearts. It'll take a few minutes, as I want to say it well.

Perhaps it takes a few years of being a TRUE fan, of hope and heartbreak. Of getting to know some players personally, some coaches personally, or perhaps it takes a Purdue heart, which is different from other fan's hearts ... but this team is truly, truly family!!! See my next main post about other fan's hearts. It'll take a few minutes, as I want to say it well.
as you prepare I'll only say that when someone gains more knowledge in an area...into a craft of any sort, that person sees beyond the obvious with an understanding that can only FULLY be appreciated by those most familiar or having experienced such. It could be woodworking, painting, sports, prose, but certainly that depth of awareness in any endeavor understands and appreciates things at a different level than just an observer.

It certainly is not a knock on those unable to possibly understand because we all experience things we don't fully appreciate in many areas of life and yet we have empathy and admiration for those things that we may not have the same appreciation or insight branching off into tangibles. I do think any knowledge of the person in any craft of admiration provides a broader perspective. I believe this is why Mackey and Purdue sports try to personalize the players besides just showing their play. Take your time as needed...no hurry to express yourself as you desire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT