ADVERTISEMENT

Raleigh Burgess

oldboiler52

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2012
This guy is different than anyone I can recall for Purdue. He is a shot blocking machine! I watched him last night block 9 shots. He would have a had triple double (25pts 11 rbs) if not for a foul called on his 10th, he blocked the shot clean but his follow thru lead to body contact. This was my 2nd complete game of this year. In his 1st game he tried to do too much and was in foul trouble the whole game. In this game he showed what we are getting, and it is a lot! He is a good if not great ball handler not for his height just as a player. It's shocking to see a kid of his size grab a rebound and thru traffic go the length of the court and slam it down. He was 1 for 1 from three kid can shoot it. He brings the ball up for this very talented team who does that with a 6'11" player? His body say's Caleb Furst his game say's I'm different. Most of his blocks don't come from inside the paint, he is an excellent help defender. I don't recall his man scoring his first two shot were blocked by Burgess that I do recall. He has no sauce to his game he simply plays his game. He can play facing or back to the basket. I assumed he would play the 4 for us I was wrong, he has the skill but why would you move him away from the basket with his amazing shot blocking ability? My only knock on him is the lack of emotion which is just me. He plays with an E'Twaun Moore type of low key all business game where results matter. I still think Kanon is the best of this class but all six of them are exceptional.

I tried to watch Jack, Cj, and Raleigh all play at the same time with Kanon up next, I haven't watched Kanon yet but will do so after this post. Cj is so underrated kid loves the deep and even deeper three. Jack had good numbers 19 points. Coming off of a hyperextended knee that sidelined him for one game. He turned it over at an alarming rate. And his shot wasn't falling in the first half. It was an easy choice to watch Raleigh. I haven't watched Harris's game yet, but I saw a tweet that said he was 6 of 8 from 3. I did watch parts of two of Daniels games Brewster plays like 10 or so players all of whom deserve to play. He is a great defender and the definition of a mobile big. Six recruits is more than I can handle and remain married. With a very small sample size I would rate this class as follows Kanon #1. Burgess #2, Harris #3, Cox#4, Jacobsen #5 and Jack. With depending on their role 2 thru 6 is a toss-up. Trust me all of them belong it's easy to see why Painter couldn't say no to any of them. I know he is over by one scholarship but wouldn't want to lose any of them. This class is going to dominate from day one.

This guy is different than anyone I can recall for Purdue. He is a shot blocking machine! I watched him last night block 9 shots. He would have a had triple double (25pts 11 rbs) if not for a foul called on his 10th, he blocked the shot clean but his follow thru lead to body contact. This was my 2nd complete game of this year. In his 1st game he tried to do too much and was in foul trouble the whole game. In this game he showed what we are getting, and it is a lot! He is a good if not great ball handler not for his height just as a player. It's shocking to see a kid of his size grab a rebound and thru traffic go the length of the court and slam it down. He was 1 for 1 from three kid can shoot it. He brings the ball up for this very talented team who does that with a 6'11" player? His body say's Caleb Furst his game say's I'm different. Most of his blocks don't come from inside the paint, he is an excellent help defender. I don't recall his man scoring his first two shot were blocked by Burgess that I do recall. He has no sauce to his game he simply plays his game. He can play facing or back to the basket. I assumed he would play the 4 for us I was wrong, he has the skill but why would you move him away from the basket with his amazing shot blocking ability? My only knock on him is the lack of emotion which is just me. He plays with an E'Twaun Moore type of low key all business game where results matter. I still think Kanon is the best of this class but all six of them are exceptional.

I tried to watch Jack, Cj, and Raleigh all play at the same time with Kanon up next, I haven't watched Kanon yet but will do so after this post. Cj is so underrated kid loves the deep and even deeper three. Jack had good numbers 19 points. Coming off of a hyperextended knee that sidelined him for one game. He turned it over at an alarming rate. And his shot wasn't falling in the first half. It was an easy choice to watch Raleigh. I haven't watched Harris's game yet, but I saw a tweet that said he was 6 of 8 from 3. I did watch parts of two of Daniels games Brewster plays like 10 or so players all of whom deserve to play. He is a great defender and the definition of a mobile big. Six recruits is more than I can handle and remain married. With a very small sample size I would rate this class as follows Kanon #1. Burgess #2, Harris #3, Cox#4, Jacobsen #5 and Jack. With depending on their role 2 thru 6 is a toss-up. Trust me all of them belong it's easy to see why Painter couldn't say no to any of them. I know he is over by one scholarship but wouldn't want to lose any of them. This class is going to dominate from day one.
Thanks for the write up.

Burgess sounds like Brad Miller. Including the lack of emotion. Sign me up.

Stay married and keep the wife happy or she will take the TV and you won’t get to watch the games. 😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT