ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Creighton (Exhibition) MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

berg is just has more strength right now. If you get into a banging game, i think it about has to be him. His screens are also pretty good. If it is a run and gun game, jacobsen will do well

berg is just has more strength right now. If you get into a banging game, i think it about has to be him. His screens are also pretty good. If it is a run and gun game, jacobsen will do well
I don’t see that… has 3 fouls in about 4 minutes and was moving on about 3 other screens that they didn’t call. I don’t see him being a factor. I do think DJ is going to be really good when he adds some weight and muscle. Burgess also has good size. A little disappointed in Furst so far this game. I expected to see improvement, but doesn’t seem to have the confidence and aggressiveness. Cox and Harris are going to be dynamic… really like what they bring to this team.

Creighton a good offensive team as usual. We'll see if we make some adjustments on the 3 defensively in 2nd half. They hit some tough 3's though, not much you can do about a couple of those.

For those that are not watching. The difference is 3 pointers. They can't miss.
Ga29mUOW4AAz9Zg

berg did.... tbh, for me, it has been a tie between berg and jacobsen
Jacobsens 3 was great but it was a busted play by creighton leaving him so open. His defense has been horrendous. He gave up 7 quick points. He will be good but has a long way to go. I don’t mind berg playing physical and fouling we are very deep at center. He held kalkbrenner in check the first 4 minutes.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Jacobsens 3 was great but it was a busted play by creighton leaving him so open. His defense has been horrendous. He gave up 7 quick points. He will be good but has a long way to go. I don’t mind berg playing physical and fouling we are very deep at center. He held kalkbrenner in check the first 4 minutes.
you said what i was trying to

Love this chance to play a team like Creighton. Their starting and 2nd string PG with Kaulkbrener just carved the defense apart with the pick and roll all game. Great learning game for literally everyone on defense. Creighton looks like an elite offensive team. Berg looked the most competent at the 5 to fight against a 5 like Ryan but he picked up bad fouls which can be cleaned up. Purdue only making it interesting in the last 8 mins because Purdue is playing starters while 1st and 2nd string pg and Ryan were pulled for Creighton. Again super happy for the learning experience that the team will see their horrible defense against a very good offense. I expect come Feb a lot of the new guys will have made massive strides on defense.

Smith played like an All-American. Defense and rebounding were our weaknesses. Surprised Colvin and Heide didn't play much. It will be interesting to see who settles in at the 5.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT