ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Indiana: Predictions & Game Thread

why do I feel like a 15 point win wasn't good enough today?

Not complaining, just didn't think we played like we could/should.

Related, IU doesn't strike me as a very well-coached team. Poor defensive positioning, poor FT shooting, just not as much passion as I expected.

The timeout close ups should tell you all you need to know.

Painter talking about the details of help defense responsibilities.

Archie, something to the effect of "get closer to their shooters."

Reactions: Do Dah Day
The timeout close ups should tell you all you need to know.

Painter talking about the details of help defense responsibilities.

Archie, something to the effect of "get closer to their shooters."
And (Archie) how much better they were doing. And then the announcer said "... always teacing." I said to my wife "just what did he just teach?"

Reactions: Schnelk and Roeder
And (Archie) how much better they were doing. And then the announcer said "... always teacing." I said to my wife "just what did he just teach?"
You don't have to know what you're talking about to be a commentator you just have to stumble through it. Most people watching today knew more about basketball than the talking heads.

You don't have to know what you're talking about to be a commentator you just have to stumble through it. Most people watching today knew more about basketball than the talking heads.
So Here is what a hall of fame coach said a couple of days ago: "guys we're not playing well. You've got to play better". Duh...apparently I could be a HOF coach too.

The Fox broadcasts are brutal all around. Their camera work/replays are bad, the announcers seem to be more delusional than others, the graphics aren't helpful (when someone goes to the free throw line, it shows every stat except free throw percentage), and the sound is terrible (Mackey's crowd sounded like hollowed out booing when it got loud).

Reactions: Roeder
There was a positive for IU today: Anderson got to play. He hasn't seen the court in a game for quite a while.

Classic example of someone who made the wrong choice in his recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT