ADVERTISEMENT

Who, in your life, do you want this most for tonight?

Travis Miller

Publisher
Staff
May 30, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
www.boilerupload.com
I want this for my mom, Rhonda Miller, and her dad, Raymond Dillon, who passed in 1991. He instilled a love of sports in her that she passed down to me. Her taking me to Kokomo basketball games since i could walk is a big reason Hammer & Rails and this place exist. Her dad would be proud.

My dad is the Purdue alum, but my mom is the big sports fan that started me on this path. Big thanks also to her friends Carol, Peggy, and JoAnn as the ladies she took me to games with. They are my basketball moms.

I want this for my mom, Rhonda Miller, and her dad, Raymond Dillon, who passed in 1991. He instilled a love of sports in her that she passed down to me. Her taking me to Kokomo basketball games since i could walk is a big reason Hammer & Rails and this place exist. Her dad would be proud.

My dad is the Purdue alum, but my mom is the big sports fan that started me on this path. Big thanks also to her friends Carol, Peggy, and JoAnn as the ladies she took me to games with. They are my basketball moms.
IU fans.

My late wife who was a die hard Boiler fan and die hard Cubs fan. She went to the Detroit loss but remained loyal. She's number 1. But having been an IU fan for years, and becoming a Painter led PU fan, since I've celebrated FF wins, I want it for all those Purdue fans who have suffered for so many years..there's not much better. And then, for CMP.....to shut those up who doubt his ability to lead. He deserves better.

My late wife who was a die hard Boiler fan and die hard Cubs fan. She went to the Detroit loss but remained loyal. She's number 1. But having been an IU fan for years, and becoming a Painter led PU fan, since I've celebrated FF wins, I want it for all those Purdue fans who have suffered for so many years..there's not much better. And then, for CMP.....to shut those up who doubt his ability to lead. He deserves better.
great post Bro

Reactions: TMA62
What a great question. I've put some thought into it. It has to be Keady #1 as he may not make it to our next. #2 CMP so there is no longer anything on his back. #3 Edey because he made a massive choice to come do this thing. #4 Trey and Gillis for coming from strong Loosier Land and trusting Painter to get them here. #5 Every graduate who has loved Boiler basketball since 1969

1) Gene
2) Paint
3) All the Boys, but especially Zach for what he's worked his butt off to become, and for COMING BACK FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!
4) ME
5) my 95 y/o father in law that loved Purdue and college and always wanted to be an engineer, but had to quit to go work in his fathers business. (where he made a ****load of $$)

Last edited:
Every single player on this team. For the journey they’ve endured and excellence and character shown in doing so! Painter and the coaching staff. The culture of this program and dedication to each other and team success is Amazing! (Me and like minded dedicated fans to reward long term support).

Watched every Purdue and a few iu games with my Dad from age 6+.

He's 4 months from 90. Mom even loves to watch@ 6 months from 90. So glad both still around, and have their faculties so late in life. But win or lose.... wonderful.

But a victory would be icing on the cake of a great life lived for all of us.
Boiler up friends!!

The man who fought so hard for every win, every single play, every single day. Gene Keady.

clfnvle9gasz1a415xg6

My 9 year old son.

He's been talking mad Purdue smack all around his elementary school for the past couple years (we live in Louisville). He had to endure the crushing defeat last year (much like I did in '88), and this season has def redeemed him, but I would love for him to have a Natty to hold over all his IU, UoL, UK buddies lmao

I'm 1st Gen Boilermaker so no family influence (parents and relatives all from NY). Just me and mine!

My two boys who are 17 and 14 who are Purdue fanatics - we never miss a game together. After having to hear all the crap last year and already suffering through some tough NCAA tournaments. I’m just glad they are seeing Purdue in a Final Four and Championship already - much easier than since 1989 when I was a Freshman

Watched every Purdue and a few iu games with my Dad from age 6+.

He's 4 months from 90. Mom even loves to watch@ 6 months from 90. So glad both still around, and have their faculties so late in life. But win or lose.... wonderful.

But a victory would be icing on the cake of a great life lived for all of us.
Boiler up friends!!
I'll add your parents to my list of want to see PU win. What a blessing you have my friend.

Tough question....
Selfishly, myself, but in reality, for all of Purdue Nation.

The players and the coaches! They may never become NBA stars. But you can never take away a championship. Or the feeling of being a champion.

Reactions: punaj
I wanted this win for my big brother, George, whom I always looked up to. I'm a Purdue grad that has always been a fan since we kicked Notre Dame's butt in the #1 vs #2 football game. My brother wasn't a grad but put three children through Purdue and has a grandson set to attend in the fall. I've attended both football and basketball games with him many times over the years and he was an avid fan. He taught me how to drive a golf ball, shoot a basketball, deliver a forearm in football and always compete to win.

My son, grandson and I were just about ready to board the plane to Phoenix when I got a call that he had passed. I considered not going but knew that he would not have wanted us to miss it. I know he was excited about the Boilers being in the final 4 and was sure he was lobbying the big man hard to give us a championship.

I'll be thinking of him when we finally breakthrough.

Reactions: DrEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT