ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Rutgers Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
The Purdue Boilermakers enter the Rutgers Athletic Center (the "RAC") tonight to take on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, who are ranked for this year for the first time in over 40 years. Rutgers has been solid in conference play sporting a 6-3 conference record (in a tie for 3rd with Maryland and Iowa). The Boilers face another tall task on the road as Rutgers is also undefeated at home this year @ 14-0. Same old story for the Boilers.....they need to find some consistency and good shooting away from the friendly atmosphere of Mackey Arena.

Coming off the recent better road stretch, maybe this is a good time to catch Rutgers.....I'll be interested to see how the Boilers execute early in this contest. Purdue can't afford to dig a hole early and play catch-up all night. Looking for a good effort tonight in another Big Ten grinder.

Tip coming up @ 8:00 (Eastern time) on BTN.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

0ef3b29be4aa0725f0ab597a00daf862.jpg

838bae3a10b9a4c5dba6dec5ef086baf.jpg

Radio pregame guest was Purdue statistician who said 46% of Rutgers points come at the rim good for 6th in the country. I’d wager if CMP doesn’t play a zone tonight at some point then we’ll never see one.

The Purdue Boilermakers enter the Rutgers Athletic Center (the "RAC") tonight to take on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, who are ranked for this year for the first time in over 40 years. Rutgers has been solid in conference play sporting a 6-3 conference record (in a tie for 3rd with Maryland and Iowa). The Boilers face another tall task on the road as Rutgers is also undefeated at home this year @ 14-0. Same old story for the Boilers.....they need to find some consistency and good shooting away from the friendly atmosphere of Mackey Arena.

Coming off the recent better road stretch, maybe this is a good time to catch Rutgers.....I'll be interested to see how the Boilers execute early in this contest. Purdue can't afford to dig a hole early and play catch-up all night. Looking for a good effort tonight in another Big Ten grinder.

Tip coming up @ 8:00 (Eastern time) on BTN.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

0ef3b29be4aa0725f0ab597a00daf862.jpg

838bae3a10b9a4c5dba6dec5ef086baf.jpg
Well Tex...my seat will be more comfortable in just a couple of minutes...I hope the game is as good. ;)

Man these sophomores are built like seniors and besides Williams our sophomores, and everyone else really, look like high schoolers

Reactions: Boiler8285
The stupidity of this offense is mind numbing. Let's keep bringing our 7'3" guy out to the perimeter to handle the ball. That just makes so much sense...

Reactions: Trumpster420
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT