ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue made Xavier Booker's Top 10

I feel like MSU is becoming a place where you never live up to your expectations or don’t get any better. He might not even play there like Emoni Bates.

Oh this guy….

Oh this guy….

https://nationalmortgageprofessional.com/news/uwms-mat-ishbia-caught-msu-foi- dispute
Oh this guy….

Always be nice to your fourth string guard…

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
IMO we are in good shape with him. He plays for Jason Delaney one of the best HS coaches in Indiana and former head coach of Indy Gym Rats. He has coached Ivey, Furst, Newman and more than I can name right now. If he wants early money he can get it at several places. I will say MSU has been all about him for a year now IZZO has put in the work.
Nice thoughts, but, reality check again today...I have said for some time that if he had not already committed, he was not going to.

I am only mildly surprised that he ended up at MSU...to your point, Izzo had put in the work for him, but, I fully expected a commitment driven by NIL, especially after he had released his top 10.

I am not disappointed as much about him specifically, but, am disappointed that Purdue still does not appeal to guys that it seemingly should...some of that is about/on the kids, but, not all of it unfortunately.

I am interested to see how it works out for him at MSU, and, for MSU.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Aasa
The fifth string tight end gets $500 a month. You don’t think he would pay more for a top 5 NBA draft pick if Izzo asks him?
He’s a billionaire.
i was just going by what that billionaire said publicly rather than trying to speculate! A lot of people here get all over my case when I speculate. So I just reported the facts of what he said publicly. He said all of his money would go to paying every football and basketball athlete $500 a month. He did NOT say he would pay star athletes any more.

Back to my original thoughts. I don’t believe Edey or Furst or TKR are going to leave early.
So if you are Booker, and you only plan to play one year, do you really want to come to Purdue and platoon and play team ball and man to man defense? Or would you rather go to a team that promises to make you a star and showcase your talents from day 1.

and that’s Izzo’s recruiting pitch to all the elite athletes he signs. The problem is Izzo lies. But the players are too young to do their research on how many elite players who came before them received that same pitch!

and that’s the reason painter always loses out on the one and dones he recruits. Painter refuses to lie. He refuses to make promises. And looking at Tre, he sure didn’t showcase him.

my guess is Booker believes he will start at msu. That was not a given if he came to Purdue

I am not sure how one knows what Painter or Izzo says to players. I doubt Izzo says flat out they will start, he is not built that way. But players know Izzo/ MSU have sent quite a few players to the NBA for long careers. Painter has sent one. Izzo has been to 9 ( I think) Final Fours. Keady and Painter combined…zero. That has an impact. Certainly the NIL offerings are probably better at MSU.

I am not sure how one knows what Painter or Izzo says to players. I doubt Izzo says flat out they will start, he is not built that way. But players know Izzo/ MSU have sent quite a few players to the NBA for long careers. Painter has sent one. Izzo has been to 9 ( I think) Final Fours. Keady and Painter combined…zero. That has an impact. Certainly the NIL offerings are probably better at MSU.
I think Booker was MSU bound all along. and the rest was just dressing. Theirs to lose, so to speak. You are correct in that MSU has significant advantages in recruiting against Purdue, and most other schools for that matter. We might win one out of ten contests.
Right now, Painter has more than one guy in the NBA. However, Thanks for stoping by. Glad to know the ever vigilant MSU thought police are on duty 24/7.

:cool:

Reactions: tenwest
I think Booker was MSU bound all along. and the rest was just dressing. Theirs to lose, so to speak. You are correct in that MSU has significant advantages in recruiting against Purdue, and most other schools for that matter. We might win one out of ten contests.
Right now, Painter has more than one guy in the NBA. However, Thanks for stoping by. Glad to know the ever vigilant MSU thought police are on duty 24/7.

:cool:
He said sent to the NBA for a LONG career. Reading is important. You should try it sometime. Also, this guy is a Purdue fan.

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
My comments were based on the insight that Eastern’s mom posted in this forum when both Painter and Izzo were recruiting her son.

Eastern’s mom said Painter was a little too honest and made no promises . And that he gives everyone a chance. And that he wants players who are defensive oriented and also play team ball. And that he doesn’t change his system just for one player to showcase their talents. Basically , he’s a boring guy who is too honest!

Eastern’s mom said Izzo’s recruiting approach was dramatically different. He has a sales pitch and makes promises and sells players on the success of past players. I could just see him talking to Booker about JJJ. And once Eastern arrived at Purdue, she posted that she realized all of Izzo’s comments to her son were all just lies.

I kind of feel bad for Eastern and his mom. He was a great kid. It’s true he couldn’t make a free throw. But as a person, he was good inside. I have to believe he and his mom were both lied to by a lot of people.

Reactions: Inspector100
I saw her posts on this site. She thought her son was sure fire NBA. He wasn’t. I don’t think she is a good source.
Obviously not an objective source on her son's ability but certainly she knows how the recruiting process went for them and probably many others.

He said sent to the NBA for a LONG career. Reading is important. You should try it sometime. Also, this guy is a Purdue fan.
I'm not defending Math, but saying "I doubt" and "He's not built that way". How in the F does he know Izzo so well?

Many players at MSU have gotten to the next level, but he seemed to recruit at a higher level. His recruiting and success as of late hasn't had the separation that once was. CMP has been catching ground IMO.

Reactions: mathboy
I'm not defending Math, but saying "I doubt" and "He's not built that way". How in the F does he know Izzo so well?

Many players at MSU have gotten to the next level, but he seemed to recruit at a higher level. His recruiting and success as of late hasn't had the separation that once was. CMP has been catching ground IMO.
Our incoming class has zero top 100 players. Izzo just landed the #1 overall player on rivals rankings. There is no comparison between the two as far as recruiting goes.

Our incoming class has zero top 100 players. Izzo just landed the #1 overall player on rivals rankings. There is no comparison between the two as far as recruiting goes.
The incoming class is the 2022 and MSU classes were very close as well. Now, if you're referring to the 2023 class?? Also, not true. Dravyn #47 and Colvin #97? According to Rivals #4 vs. #6 class of 2023 after the commitment of Xavier.

The incoming class is the 2022 and none of this is true . Now, if you're referring to the 2023 class?? Also, not true. Dravyn #47 and Colvin #97? According to Rivals #4 vs. #6 class of 2023 after the commitment of Xavier.
Obviously 2022 is the incoming class, duh... And yes it is true, you're flat out wrong or just outright lying. Not one incoming recruit is a rivals top 100 ranked player.

Obviously 2022 is the incoming class, duh... And yes it is true, you're flat out wrong or just outright lying. Not one incoming recruit is a rivals top 100 ranked player.
You're correct on rivals(247 is better), but also the recruiting classes are still a very true statement even for both sites. You're just flat out not looking at the overall classes of late. You're aren't being truthful.

You're correct on rivals(247 is better), but also the recruiting classes are still a very true statement even for both sites. You're just flat out not looking at the overall classes of late. You're aren't being truthful.
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
2022--Purdue 247 ranking: 43 (doesn't include Berg), composite ranking: 28. MSU 247 ranking: 55 Composite ranking: 35.
2023-- Purdue 247 AND composite ranking: 7. MSU 247 AND composite ranking: 5.
2021-- Purdue 247 AND composite ranking: 40. MSU 247 AND composite ranking: 12.
2020--Purdue 247 ranking: 37, composite ranking: 36. MSU 247 ranking: 52, composite: 51

You can disagree all you want. but the metrics are pretty clear: the recruiting gap between Izzo and Painter has definitely closed recently. '22 we had a better class, '23 is pretty even so far, '21 they had a better class (although they only had one year of Christie, and we'll have all our dudes likely for at least 3 years), '20 we had the better class.

'20-'23 I think we've had a better recruiting run than MSU, and I think we'll close the '23 class strong and add some big guns for '24. I like where we're headed.

I believe we can all agree that painter and Izzo recruit the same players and the same type of players. We win some and lose a lot. But unlike some teams, there isn’t a player Izzo recruited that people here wouldn’t love to have seen as a boilermaker. I’m quite certain people here would have loved to see jjj as a boilermaker

2022--Purdue 247 ranking: 43 (doesn't include Berg), composite ranking: 28. MSU 247 ranking: 55 Composite ranking: 35.
2023-- Purdue 247 AND composite ranking: 7. MSU 247 AND composite ranking: 5.
2021-- Purdue 247 AND composite ranking: 40. MSU 247 AND composite ranking: 12.
2020--Purdue 247 ranking: 37, composite ranking: 36. MSU 247 ranking: 52, composite: 51

You can disagree all you want. but the metrics are pretty clear: the recruiting gap between Izzo and Painter has definitely closed recently. '22 we had a better class, '23 is pretty even so far, '21 they had a better class (although they only had one year of Christie, and we'll have all our dudes likely for at least 3 years), '20 we had the better class.

'20-'23 I think we've had a better recruiting run than MSU, and I think we'll close the '23 class strong and add some big guns for '24. I like where we're headed.

I don’t dive into the numbers at all like you but agree Painter has upped his recruiting game and Izzo has dropped a bit. You would think age would start to impact Izzo with the very good three or four year type recruits

Last edited:
Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT