ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Ohio State: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

I'm not saying bench him, but at some point during a game like this, you have to see he just doesn't have it on offense and go somewhere else, Heide, Colvin, or heck go two guards and bring in Gillis and go big.

Too late, the coaches have shortened the bench. But unknowingly to the coaches.....they need someone else to score when guys go South. And that someone is NOT Morton, bless his heart.

Reactions: nime6
Great game, great coaching by OSU. Played the three point shooters tight. Got some early fouls on Zach. Thornton was a mismatch, and Battle to big for Loyer. Purdue got that March choky look for a while. This was coming for Purdue.

Reactions: nime6
The way this team is playing we ain't beating Illinois on the road right now so either figure sht out or better hope Illinois loses a game.

One possession short for Purdue - just got outplayed for the most part and didn't convert enough opportunities. Fought back when it could have gotten out of hand, but that is little solace now.

Going to be a dogfight with Illinois just one game back......I don't see too many teams beating the Illini right now.

Disappointing game today.....but it happens, unfortunately.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yeah, I was told FTs are the problem, that’s not the case. We’re going to give away the big ten and the one seed the next few weeks, at least we won’t have to worry about losing to a 16 seed now. November national champions. Yay us. Yay painter

Reactions: Gesysp
One possession short for Purdue - just got outplayed for the most part and didn't convert enough opportunities. Fought back when it could have gotten out of hand, but that is little solace now.

Going to be a dogfight with Illinois just one game back......I don't see too many teams beating the Illini right now.

Disappointing game today.....but it happens, unfortunately.
It happened because we played poorly. This was not a case of us playing a good team shooting well.

We played a bad game against a bad team.
We haven't played a good game in awhile. We've won while doing so, which is great, but it's hidden some real issues that need to be fixed.

Reactions: Lionheart1
Lose totally on Edey and Painter today. Edey let that MAC level player Key strip him at least 10 times. Disgusting. And Painter for not developing any two way guards beside Smith and Jones. Morton can't shoot to save his life and Loyer can't defend or shoot now. Colvin can't defend to save his life and Heide is just meh in everything he does beside jumping. Yeah I am pissed that we lost but team's flaws are on display. Time for the Feb slump!

The way this team is playing we ain't beating Illinois on the road right now so either figure sht out or better hope Illinois loses a game.

I don't see anyone else beating the Illini right now.....Boilers need to embrace the fight and stand up to it......they're capable, but they have to get it right.....can't count on getting or needing help.

Rutgers on TH will be another big time battle.

Reactions: Schnelk
It happened because we played poorly. This was not a case of us playing a good team shooting well.

We played a bad game against a bad team.
We haven't played a good game in awhile. We've won while doing so, which is great, but it's hidden some real issues that need to be fixed.
we were on a 9 game win streak and they lost 9 of 11 w/o a coach BAD look

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT