ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue (4) v. Kansas (1) Game Thread (NCAA Midwest Regional Semi-Final)

No play Carsen. He'll get going. Cant blame that last Kansas bucket on him that was just BS. Carsen just needs to settle down and drive the ball

HOLY SHIT why is carson on the ball on offense so much?!?!?! He has to get off of the ball and let pj and spike be the primary handlers. Team honestly looks like they have no energy after the first 10 mins. Its been a fun season but they dont have it tonight. 8 offensive rebounds is good game.

terrible turnover at the end of the half. We should have had the last shot and be no worse than down 5. Why did Carsen pick up his dribble?

eh, aside from that and Vince's 2nd foul, I think we are playing about as well as we can. Kansas is just too good.

We don't have much rhythm offensively now that things are settled in and our 3s aren't dropping.

need a good start to the 2nd half.

regardless, I like the overall play and attitude of the team! Stay together and keep fighting Boilers!!

Reactions: PU pit bull
You want Carsen or Cline. VE with 2 hurts. Besides a few plays in the end CE was not playing badly. Like a poster said above he's the only guy on this team who is athletic and quick enough to hang with their guards. Swanigan was worse than Carsen. Blaming it all on him is a cop out. As good as Haas has been offensively neither he nor Biggie can buy a defensive rebound...

Kansas absolutely murdering us on the high ball screens. Our guards aren't getting around it at all, and our bigs are staying well inside the 3-point line, essentially leaving Kansas to shoot wide open 3's any time they want.

Only 7 pts, far from insurmountable, but need the BEST half of ball right now this half to get the win.

You want Carsen or Cline. VE with 2 hurts. Besides a few plays in the end CE was not playing badly. Like a poster said above he's the only guy on this team who is athletic and quick enough to hang with their guards. Swanigan was worse than Carsen. Blaming it all on him is a cop out. As good as Haas has been offensively neither he nor Biggie can buy a defensive rebound...
Carsen. Painter needs to settle him down at half and tell him to get going towards the bucket

at least we know we are capable of outplaying them severely. just need to do it and value the basketball.

Basketball gurus enlighten me: how is the variant of the high ball screen where the KU big guy walls off our perimeter defender while walking (and subtly changing direction to keep walking off) not a moving screen? At least 2-3 threes for them on that.

Vincent is our only hope. Needs to drop 25 in the second half and biggie needs to board like an other worldly force. I would tell them if they give up one offensive rebound in the second half, they will come out and do sprints until they puke their guts out.

Basketball gurus enlighten me: how is the variant of the high ball screen where the KU big guy walls off our perimeter defender while walking (and subtly changing direction to keep walking off) not a moving screen? At least 2-3 threes for them on that.
they get away with a lot at the top of the key for sure.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT