ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Wisconsin.

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
We poked the bear and I think Painter capitulated after Hammons got foul number 4.

Wisconsin is very good and we are still learning.

On to our game wednesday with everyone at full health and no more teams that have scouted us all season.

Ya, they were just far better than we were in the decond half. I was surprised by how completely they dominated the inside, and Purdue went something like 4 or 5 straight possesions turning it over aftr Wisconsin claimed the lead. At least Purdue seemed to find its stroke from 3.

I'd be interested in knowing what the committee thought of this game. We looked good in the first half but completely fell apart in the second. I wonder if we'll get dropped into a first round game.

Not sure anyone will/could but if someone has the team to catch Kentucky on one of those days, it's Wisconsin.

Originally posted by GemstateBoiler:
Not sure anyone will/could but if someone has the team to catch Kentucky on one of those days, it's Wisconsin.
Hahahahahaha!!!!!

We got schooled in the second half by a real good team. I wish it would've turned out different, but Wisconsin just dominated us in that second half. Put this behind us, let's get the bid Sunday and move on!

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
So coach, who else do you think has a better chance if anyone does? Stranger things have happened.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
So coach, who else do you think has a better chance if anyone does? Stranger things have happened.
Hey, it doesn't take a coach to see that saying Wisco is the 2nd best team in the country is funny. I think they'll need a very kind seed to see the Elite8. NO WAY THEY MAKE THE FINAL 4. They are a Sweet16 team. That's all.

Back to your December form I see.

Tell us again about how Purdue will finish in last place in the B1G. You have already proven your eye test is faulty. So I'm not sure why you even attempt to tell anyone what will happen??

Well, I'll give props to whomever knocks Wisky out. I'm no coach either, but I think you're selling them short, deuce.

Oops...forgot. My honesty is ok when I compliment the team. Sorry guys. We'll see Wiskey in the NCAA title game....right? LOL.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
Hey, it doesn't take a coach to see that saying Wisco is the 2nd best team in the country is funny. I think they'll need a very kind seed to see the Elite8. NO WAY THEY MAKE THE FINAL 4. They are a Sweet16 team. That's all.
Never said they were the 2nd best team (where did I say that?) but on a given day they have the team to beat anyone. They could also be beaten in the 2nd round, that's basketball.

Originally posted by proudopete:
Back to your December form I see.

Tell us again about how Purdue will finish in last place in the B1G. You have already proven your eye test is faulty. So I'm not sure why you even attempt to tell anyone what will happen??
+1000. HaHaHaHa!

I'm surprised you can even turn on a computer with how dumb you are. People should be laughing uncontrollably at you.

No way UW makes the Final 4? Yet, they did last year, and missed out on the final on a last shot. Then they returned almost the same team.

And Kentucky is clearly the best team, but they can absolutely realistically lose transitioning from the crap conference that is the SEC to the gauntlet that is the NCAA tourney, and one of the biggest, if not the biggest obstacles, would be Wisconsin. They have the size and skill to compete as they did last year. They can hold their own on the boards, not give up many easy shots, and bomb from deep.

To all the reasonable Purdue fans: Good luck in the tourney. Y'all improved a lot and in no way should you have been on the bubble after going 12-6 in conference.

Wisconsin is absolutely capable of beating anyone. They also are capable of being beat by anyone. The officiating breaks you get are going away. We will see how you do when its a neutral floor with neutral officials. Remember Duke?

I haven't seen anyone question your honesty. It's your ability to avoid over reacting that is at play here.

Duke shot 65%, 58% from 3. That's probably more why they won.

UW
won the Battle 4 Atlantis and had a ton of OOC success last year
between the preseason and the tourney. This team is more proven out of
conference than just about anyone in the nation.

It's just
cathartic to talk about UW often having a foul edge because it softens
the blow of losses. As if the conference is propping up UW yearly
because they're such a sexy team. It couldn't be because Bo Ryan yanks
players for committing fouls aside from being in foul trouble, unlike
just about every other coach in the nation. If you were in his system
you wouldn't foul much either because you wouldn't play otherwise.

Purdue
and Iowa under their current coaches have had almost the polar opposite
approach and play hyper-aggressive. This Iowa team is crazy attacking
the ball. So were those Hummel-led Purdue teams especially. As a
result you won more loose balls, got more steals, and sometimes didn't
get called, so you won plenty of games. But you have to take the other
side of losing games getting calls for more fouls and deservedly so.
Some Iowa fans have had a tough time with that too. They want the fouls
to be even in spite of the style contrast.

I certainly don't see Wisky as the number 2 team in the nation, but they'd be my pick to be a bad matchup vs KY. Upperclassmen who play team ball vs the athletic Frosh squad in March? I'm not predicting anything, but I'm not dumb enough to deny it as a strong possibliity.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
Does anyone hang their happiness on Purdue wins and losses more than you do? I expect any minute you'll be whining again about games that were played 2 months ago. Or 2 years ago. Good grief.

Why are you laughing. Wisconsin could very well beat Kentucky. Wisconsin is clearly better than Purdue. In a big hyped up game. It's easy to lose yourself mentally after the game gets away from you. Purdue can play with a very good team for 30 minutes. But those stretches where they score very little for 8 - 10 minutes is due to youth and also due to a lack of talent. Matt needs to still prove he can bring in a top talent. AJ developed. I am talking about a guy right down the street in that Caleb Swannigan. Imagine if Matt could recruit him and AJ comes back next year.

I said before the tournament that I wanted to win our first game solely so we could play Wisconsin. Win or lose, this game was going to be great experience for the Boilers. Frustrations with Wisconsin aside, Wisconsin's a very good team and Purdue can learn a lot from this game.

Does anyone hang their happiness on Purdue wins and losses more than you do? I expect any minute you'll be whining again about games that were played 2 months ago. Or 2 years ago. Good grief.
It's not about hanging on wins and losses for me. It's y'all who can't handle honesty and realism. I just post my opinion....somehow that offends everyone. Explain why that is? Why is it when I'm honest with my thoughts, you all get bent out of shape? When the team wins, you all can't wait to get on here and shove crow in everyones face. Hypocrites? I don't get on here and attack other people. I don't start blasting ad homs like you guys. The most thin skinned folks I've ever seen. Look, Wiskey had 5 fouls called against them....really? I watch games with an honest view. The Badgers won't be handled with kid gloves in the NCAA. I'll be shocked if they see the Elite8. SHOCKED. In fact, it would not surprise me for MSU to beat them tomorrow. We should have won that game. We outclassed them until we wilted. That is not how a team who, allegedly, can run with Kentucky plays. Disagree with all you like, I don't really care. Put your opinion out, that's all well and good. But when you get your uterus inflamed because you wittle fellas don't wyke what him says is pathetic. Grow the flip up and accept that some people don't agree with you. You're not a better fan or alum because you think a certain way. I get on here and own up to everything I've posted. I don't need to get all insecure and run threads in the ditch like you adolescents.

Read again what you posted, then look at how you began responding to others in this thread. You are definitely NOT about "honesty and realism".

@boiler-duece: seems you're the one taking offense and letting it bother you.

It's funny, as a Wisconsin fan, I hear night and day about how unfair the refs are when wisc plays at home... Then it's pointed it that the same "unfairness" goes on at neutral sites and away games.... And then I hear, "well, just wait till the tournament, when they don't have the referees intheir pocket"... And then it's pointed out that the foul situation is much the same in the tournament

Sometimes, deuce, when you don't understand something, what you're lacking is the right perspective. Most of the time that's the case, actually.

All the best purdue fans, thanks for letting me visit. Will be rooting for you

Originally posted by purdue4sure:
Read again what you posted, then look at how you began responding to others in this thread. You are definitely NOT about "honesty and realism".
Go ahead and post where I attack anyone. Not retaliated, but initiated. Show how I started anything personal. Go ahead. Post it. Show where I did anything but post my thoughts. I'll wait.

It's not about hanging on wins and losses for me. It's y'all who can't handle honesty and realism. I just post my opinion....somehow that offends everyone. Explain why that is? Why is it when I'm honest with my thoughts, you all get bent out of shape? When the team wins, you all can't wait to get on here and shove crow in everyones face. Hypocrites? I don't get on here and attack other people. I don't start blasting ad homs like you guys. The most thin skinned folks I've ever seen. Look, Wiskey had 5 fouls called against them....really? I watch games with an honest view. The Badgers won't be handled with kid gloves in the NCAA. I'll be shocked if they see the Elite8. SHOCKED. In fact, it would not surprise me for MSU to beat them tomorrow. We should have won that game. We outclassed them until we wilted. That is not how a team who, allegedly, can run with Kentucky plays. Disagree with all you like, I don't really care. Put your opinion out, that's all well and good. But when you get your uterus inflamed because you wittle fellas don't wyke what him says is pathetic. Grow the flip up and accept that some people don't agree with you. You're not a better fan or alum because you think a certain way. I get on here and own up to everything I've posted. I don't need to get all insecure and run threads in the ditch like you adolescents.
Okay, I don't give a rat's ass about you but you asked. You come across so frequently angry and your opinion is better than anyone else's. Yes you do attack people and make fun of their views in a demeaning way. Debates and arguments are one thing but you go for the juggler, and make fun of opinions on many posts. I assume, you will come back at me with some angry backhanded slam but again you asked. I know you are smart because you have logical, visionary posts and insight, but don't be so attacking. That's all. This is supposed to be fun, even if we are all fans of this crazy, ulcer causing school:)

Okay, I don't give a rat's ass about you but you asked. You come across so frequently angry and your opinion is better than anyone else's. Yes you do attack people and make fun of their views in a demeaning way. Debates and arguments are one thing but you go for the juggler, and make fun of opinions on many posts. I assume, you will come back at me with some angry backhanded slam but again you asked. I know you are smart because you have logical, visionary posts and insight, but don't be so attacking. That's all. This is supposed to be fun, even if we are all fans of this crazy, ulcer causing school:)
I absolutely do NOT come across FREQUENTLY angry. It only appears that way because it's all you focus on. Why? You don't like it. And, it's ridiculous to claim I act better than anyone else. I NEVER initiate any insults. I NEVER start the ad homs. Sure, after a loss, I'll vent. So what? Who designated you all what can and can't be said? Who decided we can't tell the truth as WE see it? It always follows the same pattern....I call out the program.....the ad homs fly. I make my opinion on the state of the team, not the state of the posters here until the attacks begin. That's the truth.

I absolutely do NOT come across FREQUENTLY angry. It only appears that way because it's all you focus on. Why? You don't like it. And, it's ridiculous to claim I act better than anyone else. I NEVER initiate any insults. I NEVER start the ad homs. Sure, after a loss, I'll vent. So what? Who designated you all what can and can't be said? Who decided we can't tell the truth as WE see it? It always follows the same pattern....I call out the program.....the ad homs fly. I make my opinion on the state of the team, not the state of the posters here until the attacks begin. That's the truth.
All you, all the posters? Do you see the reasons for the responses here from others? It's you against everyone else with that view. So everyone else needs to change for you? That's not right. When you say Uterus inflamed and HaHaHaHaHa when someone posts something, that's demeaning and people envision a slam. And don't say people have thin skins because I think most people here have pretty thick skins. Just my take, and I know you don't care but again, you asked. Let me have it. I was trying to be nice with my responses but that's how I feel and I'm trying to be honest and not mean. You're most likely a nice guy in everyday life just not so good on forums.

This post was edited on 3/14 9:20 PM by GemstateBoiler

All you, all the posters? Do you see the reasons for the responses here from others? It's you against everyone else with that view. So everyone else needs to change for you? That's not right. When you say Uterus inflamed and HaHaHaHaHa when someone posts something, that's demeaning and people envision a slam. And don't say people have thin skins because I think most people here have pretty thick skins. Just my take, and I know you don't care but again, you asked. Let me have it. I was trying to be nice with my responses but that's how I feel and I'm trying to be honest and not mean. You're most likely a nice guy in everyday life just not so good so forums.
Seriously? "All you" does not mean everyone here. Just those who can't stand someone disagreeing. You don't have to like my opinion. I get that, and does not bother me. What ticks me off is when you, and those like you, start acting like I'm not a fan or alum because I'm honest with my opinion. And, yeah, I'm pretty well known as a nice guy. Maybe that's why this shocks me. Accept that fact I call it exactly how "I" see things. Here's the deal: If you'd just counter my thoughts with something "on topic" and less about "me", we'd all get along better. We just got an ass-whooping today...but, I'm not here saying "Oh, yeah, I knew this was coming, you all were wrong!!"...and try to make others look like a fool. Just tell you what I saw, and how I saw it.

All you, all the posters? Do you see the reasons for the responses here from others? It's you against everyone else with that view. So everyone else needs to change for you? That's not right. When you say Uterus inflamed and HaHaHaHaHa when someone posts something, that's demeaning and people envision a slam. And don't say people have thin skins because I think most people here have pretty thick skins. Just my take, and I know you don't care but again, you asked. Let me have it. I was trying to be nice with my responses but that's how I feel and I'm trying to be honest and not mean. You're most likely a nice guy in everyday life just not so good so forums.
Seriously? "All you" does not mean everyone here. Just those who can't stand someone disagreeing. You don't have to like my opinion. I get that, and does not bother me. What ticks me off is when you, and those like you, start acting like I'm not a fan or alum because I'm honest with my opinion. And, yeah, I'm pretty well known as a nice guy. Maybe that's why this shocks me. Accept that fact I call it exactly how "I" see things. Here's the deal: If you'd just counter my thoughts with something "on topic" and less about "me", we'd all get along better. We just got an ass-whooping today...but, I'm not here saying "Oh, yeah, I knew this was coming, you all were wrong!!"...and try to make others look like a fool. Just tell you what I saw, and how I saw it.
Fair enough. Just giving you my take. Actually I have never thought you weren't a die hard Purdue fan. never a question. Come to Boise, and if you drink, shots of fireball on me, and I'll kick your ass in 8-ball pool:)

boiler-deuce is in constant angry ALL-CAPS meltdown mode.

It's pretty funny to watch. His denial is probably my favorite part. Don't ever change, bro.

ON - TOPIC; I live in Louisville and have many diehard UK friends here, including my Father-IL and Bro-IL. They fear Wisco more than anyone else, Duke a close 2nd. Not sure how you can rail against Wisco being an E8/F4 team when the same squad was just that last year, but whatever. Stay melty, b-d.

Take that FWIW.

Fair enough. Just giving you my take. Actually I have never thought you weren't a die hard Purdue fan. never a question. Come to Boise, and if you drink, shots of fireball on me, and I'll kick your ass in 8-ball pool:)
Boise? I'll tell you what, I'll take Royal Butts and you can school me at pool. I've tried to be good at it, to no avail. However, I'll beat your ass in Cornhole, Horse, 1 on 1, volleyball.... but not darts. LOL. BTW, I'll probably never end up in Boise. LOL.

Go ahead and post where I attack anyone. Not retaliated, but initiated. Show how I started anything personal. Go ahead. Post it. Show where I did anything but post my thoughts. I'll wait.
Are you in such a hissy-fit that you can't read what you are responding to? Look at your first post in this thread. Was that the post of a reasonable person engaging in dialogue? Most reasonable, honest, and realistic people would say "no".

Boise? I'll tell you what, I'll take Royal Butts and you can school me at pool. I've tried to be good at it, to no avail. However, I'll beat your ass in Cornhole, Horse, 1 on 1, volleyball.... but not darts. LOL. BTW, I'll probably never end up in Boise. LOL.
Never say never. I'm good at darts too. I don't even know what the hell cornhole is, but it sounds painful and scary:)

Are you in such a hissy-fit that you can't read what you are responding to? Look at your first post in this thread. Was that the post of a reasonable person engaging in dialogue? Most reasonable, honest, and realistic people would say "no".
I laughed. Sorry. I thought it was hilarious. Still do, but that's not an insult. If you laugh at any of my comments, I promise it won't offend me. Wow, I laughed and "I'm in a hissy"? I'd laugh again, but......never mind.

Never say never. I'm good at darts too. I don't even know what the hell cornhole is, but it sounds painful and scary:)
Oh damn! Whatever you, do NOT google "Corn hole". LOL. It's an Indiana game. Tossing bags filled with corn, like beanbags, in a hole cut in a board. LOL. Like Eucre. Not everyone knows about it.

Oh damn! Whatever you, do NOT google "Corn hole". LOL. It's an Indiana game. Tossing bags filled with corn, like beanbags, in a hole cut in a board. LOL. Like Eucre. Not everyone knows about it.
Now I think I would like cornhole. I miss Eucre, people out here think I'm making it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT