ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Wisconsin.

Deuce - Your first post in this thread was, "hahahaha", but your opinion about Wisconsin is what I found funny. Wisconsin is a tremendous team, certainly capable of making the Final Four again and possibly winning the whole thing. I think that they are the third or fourth best team in the country and are deserving of a #1 seed.

They are also the superbly coached. Bo has done a remarkable job with this group and is deserving of National Coach of the Year, IMO.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by GemstateBoiler:

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:

Does anyone hang their happiness on Purdue wins and losses more than you do? I expect any minute you'll be whining again about games that were played 2 months ago. Or 2 years ago. Good grief.
It's not about hanging on wins and losses for me. It's y'all who can't handle honesty and realism. I just post my opinion....somehow that offends everyone. Explain why that is? Why is it when I'm honest with my thoughts, you all get bent out of shape? When the team wins, you all can't wait to get on here and shove crow in everyones face. Hypocrites? I don't get on here and attack other people. I don't start blasting ad homs like you guys. The most thin skinned folks I've ever seen. Look, Wiskey had 5 fouls called against them....really? I watch games with an honest view. The Badgers won't be handled with kid gloves in the NCAA. I'll be shocked if they see the Elite8. SHOCKED. In fact, it would not surprise me for MSU to beat them tomorrow. We should have won that game. We outclassed them until we wilted. That is not how a team who, allegedly, can run with Kentucky plays. Disagree with all you like, I don't really care. Put your opinion out, that's all well and good. But when you get your uterus inflamed because you wittle fellas don't wyke what him says is pathetic. Grow the flip up and accept that some people don't agree with you. You're not a better fan or alum because you think a certain way. I get on here and own up to everything I've posted. I don't need to get all insecure and run threads in the ditch like you adolescents.
Okay, I don't give a rat's ass about you but you asked. You come across so frequently angry and your opinion is better than anyone else's. Yes you do attack people and make fun of their views in a demeaning way. Debates and arguments are one thing but you go for the juggler, and make fun of opinions on many posts. I assume, you will come back at me with some angry backhanded slam but again you asked. I know you are smart because you have logical, visionary posts and insight, but don't be so attacking. That's all. This is supposed to be fun, even if we are all fans of this crazy, ulcer causing school:)
I absolutely do NOT come across FREQUENTLY angry. It only appears that way because it's all you focus on. Why? You don't like it. And, it's ridiculous to claim I act better than anyone else. I NEVER initiate any insults. I NEVER start the ad homs. Sure, after a loss, I'll vent. So what? Who designated you all what can and can't be said? Who decided we can't tell the truth as WE see it? It always follows the same pattern....I call out the program.....the ad homs fly. I make my opinion on the state of the team, not the state of the posters here until the attacks begin. That's the truth.
All you, all the posters? Do you see the reasons for the responses here from others? It's you against everyone else with that view. So everyone else needs to change for you? That's not right. When you say Uterus inflamed and HaHaHaHaHa when someone posts something, that's demeaning and people envision a slam. And don't say people have thin skins because I think most people here have pretty thick skins. Just my take, and I know you don't care but again, you asked. Let me have it. I was trying to be nice with my responses but that's how I feel and I'm trying to be honest and not mean. You're most likely a nice guy in everyday life just not so good so forums.
Seriously? "All you" does not mean everyone here. Just those who can't stand someone disagreeing. You don't have to like my opinion. I get that, and does not bother me. What ticks me off is when you, and those like you, start acting like I'm not a fan or alum because I'm honest with my opinion. And, yeah, I'm pretty well known as a nice guy. Maybe that's why this shocks me. Accept that fact I call it exactly how "I" see things. Here's the deal: If you'd just counter my thoughts with something "on topic" and less about "me", we'd all get along better. We just got an ass-whooping today...but, I'm not here saying "Oh, yeah, I knew this was coming, you all were wrong!!"...and try to make others look like a fool. Just tell you what I saw, and how I saw it.
Fair enough. Just giving you my take. Actually I have never thought you weren't a die hard Purdue fan. never a question. Come to Boise, and if you drink, shots of fireball on me, and I'll kick your ass in 8-ball pool:)
Boise? I'll tell you what, I'll take Royal Butts and you can school me at pool. I've tried to be good at it, to no avail. However, I'll beat your ass in Cornhole, Horse, 1 on 1, volleyball.... but not darts. LOL. BTW, I'll probably never end up in Boise. LOL.
Never say never. I'm good at darts too. I don't even know what the hell cornhole is, but it sounds painful and scary:)
Oh damn! Whatever you, do NOT google "Corn hole". LOL. It's an Indiana game. Tossing bags filled with corn, like beanbags, in a hole cut in a board. LOL. Like Eucre. Not everyone knows about it.
Now I think I would like cornhole. I miss Eucre, people out here think I'm making it up.
Yeah, I think you would.

Corn Hole

I haven't read through this whole thread, but here are my thoughts on Wisky:

I don't like them.

I hate getting beaten by them.

Bo Ryan irritates me.

Bo Ryan is also one of the best coaches in the nation.

When it comes to teaching a team to play great fundamental basketball, I sometimes think Bo Ryan is the best coach in the nation.

Wisconsin, purely from a basketball purist's standpoint, is a joy to watch. They share the ball, play within themselves, and execute with purpose. How many turnovers did they have in the first half? One?

Good luck to them. They could very well beat anyone, although their lack of depth could (and probably will) bite them at some point.

lbodal - I agree. Playing Wisconsin is the experience that Purdue needed heading into the NCAA Tourney. I think that Painter will use this experience to have his team focused and ready.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by rgarlitz:
Ya, they were just far better than we were in the decond half. I was surprised by how completely they dominated the inside, and Purdue went something like 4 or 5 straight possesions turning it over aftr Wisconsin claimed the lead. At least Purdue seemed to find its stroke from 3.

I'd be interested in knowing what the committee thought of this game. We looked good in the first half but completely fell apart in the second. I wonder if we'll get dropped into a first round game.

I think there may be two or three teams that can beat Kentucky. One is Virginia if they're at full strength. The second is Kentucky themselves. The third and most likely is Wisky. They are a complete team, and Bo is one of the best coaches in the game. Same system every year and all he does is win.

Purdue can be that same kind of team next year.

How many of you have actually watched Kentucky play? And dear Wisky fan, yes Duke shot 58% from three but they only took 12 shots. i saw that game and you were at full strength, at home, and the final score doesn't indicate how efficient Duke was. Kentucky would have to play like dog droppings for ANYONE to beat them. So like I said you are capable, so is any tourney team. But the best hope you have for a NC is someone beats them before the final game because I really don't see them losing that one. I see a MSU vs Carolina result.

To be fair, Kentucky has had some close calls against not-so-great opponents. The SEC is not good. I think if UK went through the ACC/Big Ten, they would have lost at least once.

If Purdue got Caleb Swannigan they could be that kind of team next year. Too bad as once again Painter likely cannot land a whale to really put the team up to the elite level. Not dogging Painter. Just reality. Cline will be a nice addition for much needed outside shooting. But if Painter could get Swannigan along the front line. You are looking at a top 10 team next year.

I agree bodel. Kentucky is best team in nation. But they are beatable. I think their are 5 or 6 teams that can beat them based on talent and experience in tournament. Wisky being one. Villanova, Virginia, maybe Duke are a few more.

Hey guys - good luck tonight - I think you're in.

I just wanted to chime in that Painter was quoted in the Indy Star that he thinks the Badgers not fouling much is legit:"They were not fouling us, even though sometimes we were calling for it. They were not."

I think it is very lazy analysis to look at disparities in fouls and assuming that there's unfairness or a conspiracy. There is no law that the number of fouls should be even - some people apparently don't understand that.

Deuce... You do realize they lead the country in fewest fouls per game and fewest turnovers per game, right?
So, it's not just against Purdue that they don't turn the ball over and don't foul. They pretty much do that against every team.

You're insane if you think they are ONLY a Sweet 16 team.

Originally posted by BadgerInSpartyland:

I just wanted to chime in that Painter was quoted in the Indy Star that he thinks the Badgers not fouling much is legit:"They were not fouling us, even though sometimes we were calling for it. They were not."

I think it is very lazy analysis to look at disparities in fouls and assuming that there's unfairness or a conspiracy. There is no law that the number of fouls should be even - some people apparently don't understand that.
Good luck against MSU and in the NCAA.

BadgerInSpartyland posted on 3/15/2015...

Well I saw the first game in Madison and there was nothing fair about that. It's also lazy analysis to think that in two tournament games your starters only fouled 5 times. Believe it if you want that you didn't get breaks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT