ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting

"All these Jews need to die," suspect tells police on scene at Pittsburgh synagogue shooting.

Shooter in custody. Multi fatalities, apparently 8, and 3 officers wounded.
AR style weapon and 2 handguns reportedly used.

Republican politicians have to stop this. The right wing media never will but the elected officials have to speak out, instead most of them fan the flames.

Reactions: TheCainer
Republican politicians have to stop this. The right wing media never will but the elected officials have to speak out, instead most of them fan the flames.
You are amazing. Going from critiquing football game to Republicans, right wing media. There is 1 right wing media outlet, about 5 or 10 left wing outlets. I mean TV. All print media is left. Go back and look at the MSU defensive back holding Zico's jersey and the no call on our 4th quarter drive that resulted in our blocked FG. Let's see, Kavanaugh, bomber we just caught, now we start on guns and automatic weapons. All leading to the mid terms. Yes, the hit today was targeting.

Reactions: herrli and DanO78
You are amazing. Going from critiquing football game to Republicans, right wing media. There is 1 right wing media outlet, about 5 or 10 left wing outlets. I mean TV. All print media is left. Go back and look at the MSU defensive back holding Zico's jersey and the no call on our 4th quarter drive that resulted in our blocked FG. Let's see, Kavanaugh, bomber we just caught, now we start on guns and automatic weapons. All leading to the mid terms. Yes, the hit today was targeting.

Not sure about your confusion? Do you not have the capability to think about two subjects? The right wing media and politicians are incredibly hostile and leads to violent actions.

Last edited:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/opinion/bombs-democrats-trump-republicans-civility.html

I agree with the NYT opinion page for once. America doesn’t have an incivikity problem, we have a right wing violence problem.

I would reduce that down even further though. We have a right wing problem. Right wing corporations, right wing media, right wing people.
I blame the Internet... The Internet gives nuts on both sides fuel for their fire. Bad information is distributed and people who are not able to separate real from the made up use that to guide their beliefs.

I wouldn't say that most Republican politicians fan the flames at all.

The problem is their silence on inflammatory comments on broader issues. It's usually silence for as long as they can be, then it's a tepid "I'm disappointed..." then carry on per usual.

It's not a matter of speaking out in favor of anti-semitism, white nationalism, etc. - it's letting it sit out there unchecked. This shooter was apparently also inflamed by Jewish organizations helping refugees come to America.

This is why having productive conversations about things like border security and immigration matters - this nonsense about open borders, ISIS sneaking in as asylum seekers, the media is the enemy, etc. - it is literally stoking fear and for people who fully can't grasp these broad issues and also may not be mentally stable, it brings out this crap that we've seen this week with attempted assassinations through pipe bombs and hate crimes killing innocent people.

You don't have to overtly say I hate Jews or I hate immigrants to stoke hatred of those people.

The rhetoric needs to be ratcheted down starting at the top. It doesn't mean nothing will ever happen, but it sure wouldn't hurt - particularly with the pipe bombs this week, that's straight from rhetoric.

Reactions: CWS
I blame the Internet... The Internet gives nuts on both sides fuel for their fire. Bad information is distributed and people who are not able to separate real from the made up use that to guide their beliefs.

It's certainly a significant part of the issue. However, there's people that are peddling it in the mainstream. For example, Fox News has been peddling ISIS sneaking into asylum seekers from Central America for weeks now - zero proof. And guess who picked it up - the President who spends his time watching Fox News. He cites Fox & Friends hosts, not his own intelligence. But it fits the narrative, so hey.

Not sure about your confusion? Do you not have the capability to think about two subjects? The right wing media and politicians are incredibly hostile and leads to violent actions.

Oh yeah, because Jewish people and other religous denominations have never been targeted with violence until right wing media and politicians came around.

Oh yeah, because Jewish people and other religous denominations have never been targeted with violence until right wing media and politicians came around.

Absolutely, there's always been political, religious, ethniic, etc. hate.

However, anti-semitic incidents rose 57% from 2016 to 2017.

Why do you think they are increasing so fast and significantly? That sharp increase is certainly not normal, no?

Reactions: indy35
There have been fascists throughout history, of course they have been targets. That’s what makes the right wing doing what they’re doing all the sadder. We all know what happens when there is a political effort to demonize a smaller subgroup of people as the cause of issues in the society.

There have been fascists throughout history, of course they have been targets. That’s what makes the right wing doing what they’re doing all the sadder. We all know what happens when there is a political effort to demonize a smaller subgroup of people as the cause of issues in the society.

This incident seems to combine two things which seem to confirm he's a white nationalist. He was a frequent visitor to an "alt-right" aka white nationalist website.

Before the shooting, he apparently posted this message: “HIAS likes to bring in invaders that kill our people. I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I’m going in.”

HIAS is a Jewish organization that supports refugees. "Invaders" seems to refer to refugees - and he seems to infer to them as violent people.

"I have noticed a change in people saying 'illegals' that now say 'invaders'. I like this."

“Open you Eyes! It’s the filthy EVIL jews Bringing the Filthy EVIL Muslims into the Country!!”

White nationalism is a problem in this country right now.

Every right wing media outlet that invoked George Soros’s name as a left wing boogeyman is complicit in this shooting. The Soros vitriol is naked anti Semitism.

Joyce Fienberg, 75
Richard Gottfried, 65
Rose Mallinger, 97
Jerry Rabinowitz, 66
Cecil Rosenthal, 59
David Rosenthal, 54
Bernice Simon, 84
Sylvan Simon, 86
Daniel Stein, 71
Melvin Wax, 86
Irving Younger, 69

Regarding the shooter - Robert Bowers:
“For the record, I did not vote for him nor have I owned, worn or even touched a MAGA hat,” he posted on social media, referring to President Trump.

Regarding the shooter - Robert Bowers:
“For the record, I did not vote for him nor have I owned, worn or even touched a MAGA hat,” he posted on social media, referring to President Trump.

and that makes more sense when you include more of his views.
because he believed in a deeper conspiracy that...

"trump is a globalist not a nationalist"
"trump is a puppet for jewish interests"
they were bringing "'invaders that kill our people"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/opinion/bombs-democrats-trump-republicans-civility.html

I agree with the NYT opinion page for once. America doesn’t have an incivility problem, we have a right wing violence problem.

I would reduce that down even further though. We have a right wing problem. Right wing corporations, right wing media, right wing people.

You and Indy 35 are complete idiots. How about Antifa and BLM blocking traffic, attacking people, destroying property and advocating for killing of cops? MSNBC wouldn't even allow saying the word "MOB" on a broadcast about an Antifa MOB. But they're helping civility?

I suppose you're going to try to blame Trump for this, too? Before you go down that road, perhaps you might want to be aware than Trump's daughter and son-in-law are both Jewish. Trump has also strengthened relations with Israel, since he's been in office. How are you going to spin that?

Meanwhile, Obama undercut Israel at every opportunity, when he was in office.

You two idiots try to blame everything on the Right, without a hint of proof. There is a lot of crazy out there and the Left has more than their share of it,and you two are proof of that.

I'm sure you have a good Communist solution to the Right Wing problem...LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: herrli

Seriously? How can you watch the chronic meltdowns on CNN and MSNBC and not give them any credit for fanning the flames.They bristle with hostility, but you're blind to it.

You and Indy 35 are complete idiots. How about Antifa and BLM blocking traffic, attacking people, destroying property and advocating for killing of cops? MSNBC wouldn't even allow saying the word "MOB" on a broadcast about an Antifa MOB. But they're helping civility?

I suppose you're going to try to blame Trump for this, too? Before you go down that road, perhaps you might want to be aware than Trump's daughter and son-in-law are both Jewish. Trump has also strengthened relations with Israel, since he's been in office. How are you going to spin that?

Meanwhile, Obama undercut Israel at every opportunity, when he was in office.

You two idiots try to blame everything on the Right, without a hint of proof. There is a lot of crazy out there and the Left has more than their share of it,and you two are proof of that.

I'm sure you have a good Communist solution to the Right Wing problem...LOL

Who cares that he has family that is Jewish. He uses the language of white supremacists against Jewish people. Word choice when talking is important, they know exactly what they are doing. The "stormfront" crowd knows exactly what Trump and fox news personalities and guests mean when they use the word "globalist." Breitbart used a globe emoji to notate Jewish people in stories. Neo-nazis marching in Virginia chanting "Jews will not replace us", Trump defends them as very fine people. It's a theme among the neo-nazis of Jewish people bringing in immigrants to replace the white population to bring down the United States. Right wing politicians and media members play up these conspiracies for political purposes instead of doing the moral responsible thing and stopping them in their tracks.

You're so far down the Fox News propaganda hole that you can't even stand up for basic human morals anymore if someone in the right wing tribe tells you not to.

Absolutely, there's always been political, religious, ethniic, etc. hate.

However, anti-semitic incidents rose 57% from 2016 to 2017.

Why do you think they are increasing so fast and significantly? That sharp increase is certainly not normal, no?

Trump didn't become President until January 2017, so are you saying Obama is responsible?

Do you mean like when you always blame the Right for everything?

Do you mean like when you always blame the Right for everything?
Yep, pointing out Fox News personalities and GOP politician for their actual words inciting division and hatred is the exact same as conspiracies against a religion or race. Did you think that was actually a legit point you were making there?

Every right wing media outlet that invoked George Soros’s name as a left wing boogeyman is complicit in this shooting. The Soros vitriol is naked anti Semitism.

Nice try. Soros makes Billions of dollars trading currencies. Instability = profit, so he tries to create as much instability in this country as possible. Most of the Left wing radical groups in this country are funded by Soros. He is not a friend of the USA.

Who cares that he has family that is Jewish. He uses the language of white supremacists against Jewish people. Word choice when talking is important, they know exactly what they are doing. The "stormfront" crowd knows exactly what Trump and fox news personalities and guests mean when they use the word "globalist." Breitbart used a globe emoji to notate Jewish people in stories. Neo-nazis marching in Virginia chanting "Jews will not replace us", Trump defends them as very fine people. It's a theme among the neo-nazis of Jewish people bringing in immigrants to replace the white population to bring down the United States. Right wing politicians and media members play up these conspiracies for political purposes instead of doing the moral responsible thing and stopping them in their tracks.

You're so far down the Fox News propaganda hole that you can't even stand up for basic human morals anymore if someone in the right wing tribe tells you not to.

You are a deranged little moron. Did you even read that lunacy, before you hit "post reply". You're doing what you do most often, throwing as much crap at the wall as you can, hoping some of it sticks. I'm sure all those people were flashing gang signs, too. You are unhinged...LOL

Yep, pointing out Fox News personalities and GOP politician for their actual words inciting division and hatred is the exact same as conspiracies against a religion or race. Did you think that was actually a legit point you were making there?

But you NEVER watch FOX News, so how would you know?

You do watch CNN and MSNBC and you don't consider anything they say divisive? Perhaps you need to listen to the Dem politicians, since they're even more divisive. But you wouldn't acknowledge that, would you?

But you NEVER watch FOX News, so how would you know?

You do watch CNN and MSNBC and you don't consider anything they say divisive? Perhaps you need to listen to the Dem politicians, since they're even more divisive. But you wouldn't acknowledge that, would you?

I do see Fox News, I saw this clip.

I saw this too.

54sgdulk86gz.jpg

Why would I acknowledge a complete falsehood?

Last edited:
You are a deranged little moron. Did you even read that lunacy, before you hit "post reply". You're doing what you do most often, throwing as much crap at the wall as you can, hoping some of it sticks. I'm sure all those people were flashing gang signs, too. You are unhinged...LOL

You have a problem with hard facts, things that are in black and white. The anger you feel is your soul trying to re-enter your body. Break the right wing bubble, you can do it and become a decent person.

Because Trump never said a word before January 2017? 2015-2016 was when Trump emerged as a candidate.

This isn't rocket science.

You're right, it isn't rocket science. There have been a lot of things said by people on both sides, since 2015, yet you hold one side solely responsible for inflammatory rhetoric and give the other side a pass. Why would anyone do that? Plenty of blame to go around, if you're assigning blame. Plenty of crazy out there, too that makes up their own rationale for doing crazy things. It's a bit petty to blame half the country for the actions of one unbalanced individual, don't you think?

I do see Fox News, I saw this clip.

Why would I acknowledge a complete falsehood?

Google search for a clip is not the same as watching the whole conversation. Interesting how Farrell's comment got cut off immediately after he made the Soros comment. Context matters.

Of course, in your mind, because a guest on a FOX show says something, then it must be FOX policy. Do you hold CNN and MSNBC to the same standard? I doubt it.

You have a problem with hard facts, things that are in black and white. The anger you feel is your soul trying to re-enter your body. Break the right wing bubble, you can do it and become a decent person.

You are too funny, especially, when you're trying to be serious...LOL

Trust me, I feel no anger, when I'm on these boards. I'm mostly amused. Perhaps, occasionally, I get a bit of frustration, when I deal with a drone who just regurgitates talking points and blasts google searches to cover up for a lack of real knowledge of any issues. You're purely a product of programming. Other than Comrade, I doubt that anyone takes you seriously.

Google search for a clip is not the same as watching the whole conversation. Interesting how Farrell's comment got cut off immediately after he made the Soros comment. Context matters.

Of course, in your mind, because a guest on a FOX show says something, then it must be FOX policy. Do you hold CNN and MSNBC to the same standard? I doubt it.
Oh, what was the context then? What made that ok? I can find clip after clip of Fox News hosts and guests saying the same types of things. And there isn't a comparable equivalent on the left. You can't in good faith make that argument.

The left wraps their arms around Louis Farrakhan - a guy who just last week called Jews termites.
Farrakhan is pathetic, he's a bad person. When was Louis Farrakhan a guest on any CNN or MSNBC show though? Again, a total false equivalence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT