ADVERTISEMENT

OT: kind of ... for those who bleat for a new coach

A couple of new trolls (probably the same guy) posting garbage.
OK, I just know there are risks associated with every change, I truly love Brohm. He;s a great guy, his staff is awesome and he cares. I don't mean to demean him...I mean to suggest that those who think we can go find a better coach than Painter are... hmmm ... are ... I'll restrain myself from using language that I should not use.

Reactions: PU pit bull
OK, I just know there are risks associated with every change, I truly love Brohm. He;s a great guy, his staff is awesome and he cares. I don't mean to demean him...I mean to suggest that those who think we can go find a better coach than Painter are... hmmm ... are ... I'll restrain myself from using language that I should not use.
Brohm's fine. But he coached a clunker today. And the team lacks leadership

Brohm will be fine! We are making bone headed mistakes but this coaching staff will be fine. I think last year we were spoiled and now you have trolls coming out of the woodwork. Before this year started they were hoping he would leave the B1G.

It happens and will happen again. Biggest thing is how we respond
I could just as well see us winning the next 2 with Sindelar slinging it to our playmakers in dry conditions (and are home games)...followed by all of us scratching our heads trying to figure out how and why. At that point, 2-2 just in a different fashion than anyone expected. But with momentum.

Ill be at the game in Lincoln. Oh by the way Nebraska's QB has a knee injury of unknown severity...with a soph walkon as only other QB on roster. Our season can go any # of ways. Brohm and Holt need to circle the wagons and tighten up the ship. And in my opinion, declare Sindelar the unqualified starter so he quits looking over his shoulder.

I don't know much about football, but I looked at the football recruiting commitment for next year. We used to get 2 - 3 stars players, now we are getting 3-4 stars players. Good start coach!

Big upgrade, but a turd would have been an upgrade from hazel .

Brohm is a significant upgrade over Hazell.

Not sure that says a whole lot.

I'm not sure the football forum is the thing to point to - but the point remains that it's very hard to find a coach who can have sustained success. It's a lot easier said than done.

Reactions: BBG
Not sure that says a whole lot.

I'm not sure the football forum is the thing to point to - but the point remains that it's very hard to find a coach who can have sustained success. It's a lot easier said than done.
Success is subjective.

Reactions: nagemj02
Brohm is a great coach, but Purdue lost most of its defense and a good chunk of offense to graduation. We are not a sports powerhouse and we need time to recover from such a turnover, in both football AND basketball. Brohm will be fine down the line. My concern on this board is that Painter's team may go through a similar trend early this season after losing 4 seniors and the fanbase here wouldn't have the patience for it. Worse yet, Painter's team may appear fine and the fanbase may accept it as a norm, which it is not. It's all in perspectives, people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT