ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective

Think you mean Nebraska, TJ?

Purdue did escape a couple of times this season - Tennessee and Northwestern (at home), particularly off the top of my head.
Thank you. OMG I just heard Matt say what I tried to explain to the person that made up a name to post his views on O/Bs. Not that I'm surprised other than the question was asked. About to go to bed...

If so that does NOT take away Zach's job which is the same for every out of bounds defender under the other teams basket in defending the ball. Do not let it go where you don't want it. This is a basic expectation that starts much younger than high school. Matt I believe was out of timeouts and playing the worse thing possible being a tie should have resulted in an OT win for Purdue. A 3 ball beats Purdue, but overtime against a team that has played one extra game and has fouled out some players should have been in Purdue's favor. When the TOs were exhausted and the teams walk out and Wahl as you say is now taking it out of bound Zach still has him and if Zach does his job the game is over.

As far as we know the read may have been what does Zach do? Purdue can't dictate who takes teh ball out if Zach is a read. If Zach plays the usual one man zone then we now have an extra screener as I stated previously on the perimeter to get a shooter a good look that might go for a 3 ball since the rule of thumb is go for the win if all things are not equal and they were not, Purdue had some advantages. So no matter what Zach did they could use his lack of quickness against him. Course if he does what is expected...none of this happens it is that simple. With all the errors of players in this game to pretend that Zach not doing his job was bad coaching when probably most if not all coaches would have played it the same way is foolish. BTW, why did you have to change your name to post? You probably have a collage of interesting takes under the name your refused to use
OMG Matt at around 9:35 basically tries to explain what I have tried to the person that made up a new handle just for the O/b's. https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/PMC4ecSd

My biggest complaint about Matt. Heide and Colvin should be a much bigger presence. We have issues and yes you can point to a play here or there but he's all year to get those boys ready and he hasnt pr doesn't want to.
Heide is in perfect form right now and Colvin just played really good mins over the last month. They are not the 1-4 options to score first. They are somewhere in the 5-8 scoring option. They are playing their roles well and Myles has gotten better and better.

Do you want them to be starting or something?

As much as I never want Purdue to lose, I felt a little relieved that Purdue lost. Sometimes I feel like this team needs a loss to reset and I don’t think that the extra day off hurts anything.
This. And don’t have to deal w another bruising 40 v ILL again.

Reset and rest. Learn from the mistakes today. Good reminders. Lock in for what matters.

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
OMG Matt at around 9:35 basically tries to explain what I have tried to the person that made up a new handle just for the O/b's. https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/PMC4ecSd
TJ, were somewhat surprised that Morton wasn't used for D on any of their 2 last second shots? I thought Smith was a liability w/ 4 fouls and Klesmit just blew by Loyer on the last one. In the past Morton was used vs a team w/ the last shot like vs MSU last year

TJ, were somewhat surprised that Morton wasn't used for D on any of their 2 last second shots? I thought Smith was a liability w/ 4 fouls and Klesmit just blew by Loyer on the last one. In the past Morton was used vs a team w/ the last shot like vs MSU last year
good question and one I didn't think of. I'm at a spot where I think Cam (other than fouling jump shooters behind the arc ) is a better D physically. There are a lot of "ifs" after the game. My whole thing was needing to force the ball back with 2+seconds rather than getting steam and catching the ball on the run. Zach doe that and the other players can play more denial and not worry about a pass going to the basket. With the wingspan and body Zach should have completely shut off the pass I said. All he had to do was overplay a bit and have his hands moving up and down as an obstacle for 2-3 seconds and all the basic movement of the Wisconsin offense was shown and the ball is close to half court. IMO, that was huge as was the softer play as a result of Zach not doing his job. Still, OT should have favored Purdue, but a very horrible toss to the side in OT let Wisconsin get a possession it shouldn't.

Refs today are almost always horrible at tossing the ball up since they do not get practice doing so. If there is a rule to eliminate incompetence of the refs it is the toss. I would like to see the visiting team take the ball out and then use the possession arrow for all play after now that jump balls have been eliminated for the most part...finish the job

good question and one I didn't think of. I'm at a spot where I think Cam (other than fouling jump shooters behind the arc ) is a better D physically. There are a lot of "ifs" after the game. My whole thing was needing to force the ball back with 2+seconds rather than getting steam and catching the ball on the run. Zach doe that and the other players can play more denial and not worry about a pass going to the basket. With the wingspan and body Zach should have completely shut off the pass I said. All he had to do was overplay a bit and have his hands moving up and down as an obstacle for 2-3 seconds and all the basic movement of the Wisconsin offense was shown and the ball is close to half court. IMO, that was huge as was the softer play as a result of Zach not doing his job. Still, OT should have favored Purdue, but a very horrible toss to the side in OT let Wisconsin get a possession it shouldn't.

Refs today are almost always horrible at tossing the ball up since they do not get practice doing so. If there is a rule to eliminate incompetence of the refs it is the toss. I would like to see the visiting team take the ball out and then use the possession arrow for all play after now that jump balls have been eliminated for the most part...finish the job
excluding the refs ( somewhat hard to do ) but Edey sat out too much in 1st half, in 2nd half Wisky misses 3 ! bunnies and our answer was to have 5 TO's in 6 possessions

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
As bad as we played with the turnovers and reverting back to our old ways of standing around while Zach gets mauled. And not being aggressive on offense. The thing that really bothers me is our defense the last 2 minutes. All year Painter would switch and use his offense and defensive groups. He didn’t do that on the last 2 plays. After the last timeout Morton and Heide should have been in the game for Fletch and Braden ( because of his 4 fouls ) and Zach should have been defending the rim

Also Zach has to know other teams are trying to bait him into something stupid so he has to leave the game( and it worked ) . I know it’s hard to do but walk away and shut up- refs will call a double tech everytime

excluding the refs ( somewhat hard to do ) but Edey sat out too much in 1st half, in 2nd half Wisky misses 3 ! bunnies and our answer was to have 5 TO's in 6 possessions
yes, Purdue had a lot of luck in those misses, but never converted. Purdue could have won this game so easy even without playing very well. That is a bright spot in all of this. Assuming Braden gets close to 100% Purdue can beat a lot of teams not playing well, but can get beat by some teams when playing not very well

As much as I never want Purdue to lose, I felt a little relieved that Purdue lost. Sometimes I feel like this team needs a loss to reset and I don’t think that the extra day off hurts anything.
We've won at least 6 in a row after every loss. So that would mean a national title I believe.

That 6 possession stretch was just brutal. Could have put the game away right there, no doubt. Just an ugly stretch of bball.

Also Zach has to know other teams are trying to bait him into something stupid so he has to leave the game( and it worked ) . I know it’s hard to do but walk away and shut up- refs will call a double tech everytime
that one instance when Zack went into a Wahl during OT, we saw that once before at Mackey , I think it was vs NW, also Klesmit went in front of him before the T

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT