ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Go UNC!

I believe the troops would be just fine if football suddenly disappeared tomorrow.

Edit - nothing to do with the NFL politics. Literally, a whole sport could disappear (soccer, hockey, whatever) and our troops would carry on just fine.

Last edited:
It's not that football causes cte or any other brain damage...how a concussion was handled did...
Oh got dinged, take aspirin n lots of it till headache goes away, that's ms n hs! In college n especially pro's aspirin like tictacs n plenty of alcohol...whiskey alot of times! That was the cure for a football headache! No medical exam just more aspirin n whiskey!

He says “It hasn’t been proven that the game of football causes CTE”. Lol, ok dude.

There are a lot of questions still regarding CTE. However one can’t help but be alarmed at the correlation.

The bigger discussion point is that nobody is forcing people to play college football. I’m pretty sure if all the best players opted out for safety concerns, their places would be filled relatively quickly. Some sports are just dangerous. That’s not to say that we shouldn’t try to make it safer, but it seems like all the players and fans are complaining about the new rules.

Reactions: Tommaker
It's not that football causes cte or any other brain damage...how a concussion was handled did...
Oh got dinged, take aspirin n lots of it till headache goes away, that's ms n hs! In college n especially pro's aspirin like tictacs n plenty of alcohol...whiskey alot of times! That was the cure for a football headache! No medical exam just more aspirin n whiskey!
Any link supporting that premise? I have never read that.
Newer studies seem to suggest that a major culprit in CTE development may not even be concussive injuries but "merely" repetitive pre-concussive incidents.
See for example https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ARAB&usg=AOvVaw1J1dLOEHcmrohwJWeF6wUf&ampcf=1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT