ADVERTISEMENT

I respect a team that prays together

I have plenty of answers. As I said, I don't care at all to discuss it any further on a football forum. You seem to have your panties in a bunch over that.

Imagine throwing lame insults at a stranger on a football forum in an attempt to bait them into a religious debate.
If you have answers let’s hear them? I can have a decent discussion and it doesn’t bother me if we disagree in principle. But this idea that you don’t seem to be aware of same standards is curious to me.

what was the insult? I think when people disagree with you you may go right to “deplorable.”

I have plenty of answers. As I said, I don't care at all to discuss it any further on a football forum. You seem to have your panties in a bunch over that.

Imagine throwing lame insults at a stranger on a football forum in an attempt to bait them into a religious debate.
When you say “invisible sky god” it’s obvious you are not a believer - at least not of the Abrahamic religions. Your comments indicate you are not really tolerant of those who are believers.

It’s certainly true that people choose to believe in something or not, but in this country we officially have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Many non-believers want to limit the rights of believers because they see the belief that others might have as offensive. Should the rights of the offended override the rights of believers? It seems your philosophy would say “Yes”?

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I'm a devout Catholic, but I don't think a purdue message board is the place to evangelize. I think you're probably having a net negative impact on the perception of religion and faith by arguing its merits online.

Just my two cents.
My sentiments exactly. I'm Catholic, too, but don't think this discussion belongs on a college football forum.

When you say “invisible sky god” it’s obvious you are not a believer - at least not of the Abrahamic religions. Your comments indicate you are not really tolerant of those who are believers.

It’s certainly true that people choose to believe in something or not, but in this country we officially have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Many non-believers want to limit the rights of believers because they see the belief that others might have as offensive. Should the rights of the offended override the rights of believers? It seems your philosophy would say “Yes”?
As interpreted by SCOTUS, the answer under the US Constitution is, "Yes."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT