ADVERTISEMENT

This is not football related, but this puts things in perspective

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
This is not football related, but this story puts things in perspective. We sometimes put too much emphasis on sports sometimes. Prayers go out to the victim's family.

I lived a couple of years in McCutcheon, so this hits home a little more thinking of my time on campus.

Last edited:
This is not football related, but this story puts things in perspective. We sometimes put too much emphasis on sports sometimes. Prayers go out to the victim's family.

I lived a couple of years in McCutcheon, so this hits home a little more thinking of my time on campus.

Incredibly sad....feel for sure for the family of the victim, and, for other students certainly that live in McCutcheon...we have two very close family friends whose sons are Freshmen and rooming together in McCutcheon...a long night and day needless to say for those kids, and, their families...and, I am guessing that was the case for a lot of people.

We absolutely put too much emphasis...as a society and in general...just how it is....I was just reading something last night about the White Sox and the end to "their most disappointing season since '84" when they had a horrible year following a great year in '83, and, traded their best pitcher because they did not want to pay him...he was able to cash in for $1m (which, at the time, was incredible)...today, he would be getting like $40m or more a year...yet, a first responder or teacher makes pennies relatively speaking.

Anyway...a sad happening for sure with respect to what happened.

I too lived in McCutcheon during my time at Purdue. Then, as an RA in Cary working just before Christmas break, I found a suicide. So I echo the prayers as no student or their family should have to live with this. These type of events impact more than just those directly involved.

I too lived in McCutcheon during my time at Purdue. Then, as an RA in Cary working just before Christmas break, I found a suicide. So I echo the prayers as no student or their family should have to live with this. These type of events impact more than just those directly involved.
Was that a Chinese student ? Some of the foreign kids I knew at Purdue seemed to be under incredible pressure to excel academically.

I am a former McCutcheon resident also. Yeah it does hit home being Purdue and where you actually lived. During my time there someone committed suicide in their room a couple floors below. I lived through a tragedy there like these kids are doing now.

ADVERTISEMENT