ADVERTISEMENT

on BTN they said.....

that Purdue is ranked 4th in the country in scoring defense Wow ! if this keeps up you know at the end of the year some of the big boys will come around w/ offers. I hope Brohm will do everything in his power to keep the staff intact.
That’s when you either pay up or don’t act mystified when you’re right back to square one

Agree they need to try to keep this staff intact. But I wonder how the tri-coordinator situation might affect their market value. Do you know what you are getting if you hire just one of them? And it is not as if Lambert, Hagen, and English are up-and-comers who were unknowns a year ago.

they are getting well paid right now. Purdue is no longer the cheapskate employer it once was. I suspect we will have continuity unless a coaching change elsewhere involves a promotion of someone with a tight personal relationship with one of these coaches... always a risk.

Agree they need to try to keep this staff intact. But I wonder how the tri-coordinator situation might affect their market value. Do you know what you are getting if you hire just one of them? And it is not as if Lambert, Hagen, and English are up-and-comers who were unknowns a year ago.
You can almost see a level of genius to it just like using 3 QB's last week. No school is going to hire all 3, but if you're looking for a DC, how do you know which one to target? Like you said, they've all been around so it's hard to attribute the success this season to any one of them in particular.

You can almost see a level of genius to it just like using 3 QB's last week. No school is going to hire all 3, but if you're looking for a DC, how do you know which one to target? Like you said, they've all been around so it's hard to attribute the success this season to any one of them in particular.
The oooole D coach shell game. And true to form, the pea isn't under any of'em! :)

It was Brad Lambert all along.

That’s when you either pay up or don’t act mystified when you’re right back to square one
These new coaches aren’t the kind of people to just bail after one season. Hagen is back in IN where he and his family want to be. English and Brohm go back decades. Lambert is in a great situation. Coaching on a nails D staff under a good HC. He is the real DC. Brohm’s choices are working together well. I wouldn’t be surprised if all 3 get juiced up after this season.

These new coaches aren’t the kind of people to just bail after one season. Hagen is back in IN where he and his family want to be. English and Brohm go back decades. Lambert is in a great situation. Coaching on a nails D staff under a good HC. He is the real DC. Brohm’s choices are working together well. I wouldn’t be surprised if all 3 get juiced up after this season.
I agree.. but I think you of all people would agree that a raise is in order for all three

Reactions: clbndgm
He was the D/C at Georgia when we played them in the out back bowl.We were up like 21 -0 at half and his defense shut us down 2nd. half. Brees was our q/b. We lost
I was there. Two impressions. The Georgia co-eds I saw at the game were not the hotties I was told to expect. Purdue gals at the time were every bit as strong as the Georgia peaches.
As usual, something went wrong and Georgia got lucky... can't remember the details. Was it a tipped pass that should have been intercepted that instead went for a score. Something like that. They got lucky. Part of being a Purdue fan...

I was there. Two impressions. The Georgia co-eds I saw at the game were not the hotties I was told to expect. Purdue gals at the time were every bit as strong as the Georgia peaches.
As usual, something went wrong and Georgia got lucky... can't remember the details. Was it a tipped pass that should have been intercepted that instead went for a score. Something like that. They got lucky. Part of being a Purdue fan...
I recall a FG that might have been good but was ruled no good. And a disallowed TD catch where Vinny caught the back half of the ball.

Reactions: tenwest
It was Travis dorsch kicking about as well as my dads friend Sal. 10 points in misses kicks. If you wanna really appreciate Mitchell finneran or Ben jones or spencer Evans Go watch that game.

pS - Arizona chicks were smokin hot

I recall a FG that might have been good but was ruled no good. And a disallowed TD catch where Vinny caught the back half of the ball.

I was there, but 20 years ago so don't trust my memory. I thought it was Chris Daniels and they ruled he caught it OoBs, but it looked like his foot was down in play. If only they had instant replay back then!

Also, from where I was sitting the kick looked really close and could have gone either way.

Reactions: FirstDownB
that Purdue is ranked 4th in the country in scoring defense Wow ! if this keeps up you know at the end of the year some of the big boys will come around w/ offers. I hope Brohm will do everything in his power to keep the staff intact.
I wouldn’t mind seeing our Special Teams coach let go.

Actually about what you’re saying. Biagi has opened up LA to Purdue for recruiting and he’s responsible for getting 4-5 players to Purdue including QB Rickie Collins. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Dumb.

Reactions: ChuckJr
he is the guy bringing in these Louisiana recruits. Not rocket science to coach kickoff defense. Players have to execute, and sometimes the really good returners break free. Need Biagi here.
Sheffield is not a natural which is okay. Just don't want to muff one and give it to them deep in our territory, something we have avoided so far... Knock on wood....

Reactions: tenwest
Actually about what you’re saying. Biagi has opened up LA to Purdue for recruiting and he’s responsible for getting 4-5 players to Purdue including QB Rickie Collins. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Dumb.
was wondering if Biagi has contacted Lawrence Keys or Koy Moore?

I was there, but 20 years ago so don't trust my memory. I thought it was Chris Daniels and they ruled he caught it OoBs, but it looked like his foot was down in play. If only they had instant replay back then!

Also, from where I was sitting the kick looked really close and could have gone either way.
You are absolutely right it was Daniels and the toe tap. The one with Vinnie I am thinking of was from another game. I recall him catching the ball near the back of the end zone, but he caught it sort of awkwardly, like on the back half of the ball, then tucked it as he was going out of bounds but never lost possession, i.e., the ball never moved relative to his hands. It was ruled incomplete. Both cases were before replay review.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT