ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Rebounding

Dec 10, 2016
Dont look now, but the Boilers are currently out rebounding their opponents TRB 157 to 118 and ORB 58 to 33 on the season.

Granted these stats are against the early season opponents, but this looks like a trend which will continue. The barrage of three pointers is leading to a slew of long range boards. Lengthy players like Wheeler and Eastern are quicker to the ball and snatching it up.

I don’t remember when we’ve had a team which knew how to sniff out the ball this well. It gives our sharpshooters multiple looks at the 3 and will be a tremendous advantage this season.

Call me pleasantly surprised this season...fun to watch. Boiler up.

This is nice to see. Last year we kept making excuses that our ball would bounce off the glass and be too far away from the rim to grab the rebound. This year rather than watching the ball, our players are hustling and going after their shots to get the ball for a put back.

Lately I'm having fun talking about boxscore errors. At some point in the second half Haarms got an offensive rebound off a Carsen's three point miss and then passed the ball back to Carsen for another three (this time made) and an assist. No way he can have 0 offensive rebounds in the game like the boxscore says.

Reactions: tjreese
Lately I'm having fun talking about boxscore errors. At some point in the second half Haarms got an offensive rebound off a Carsen's three point miss and then passed the ball back to Carsen for another three (this time made) and an assist. No way he can have 0 offensive rebounds in the game like the boxscore says.
don't recall teh situation, but perhaps it was a hustle play to get the loose ball and not counted as a rebound? Not saying that was it because I don't know

don't recall teh situation, but perhaps it was a hustle play to get the loose ball and not counted as a rebound? Not saying that was it because I don't know
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember Haarms grabbing the ball with two hands and kicking it back out to Carsen that drilled the three and immediately pointed to Haamrs to congratulate and thank him for the play. I guess we'll never know:)

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember Haarms grabbing the ball with two hands and kicking it back out to Carsen that drilled the three and immediately pointed to Haamrs to congratulate and thank him for the play. I guess we'll never know:)
you could very easily be correct...I don't know either. Depending on what I do after returning from teh Wisconsin game today...I may watch it again...

Dont look now, but the Boilers are currently out rebounding their opponents TRB 157 to 118 and ORB 58 to 33 on the season.

Granted these stats are against the early season opponents, but this looks like a trend which will continue. The barrage of three pointers is leading to a slew of long range boards. Lengthy players like Wheeler and Eastern are quicker to the ball and snatching it up.

I don’t remember when we’ve had a team which knew how to sniff out the ball this well. It gives our sharpshooters multiple looks at the 3 and will be a tremendous advantage this season.

EB is our leading re bounder I believe and only averages 18 min.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
EB is our leading re bounder I believe and only averages 18 min.
Impressive. And it shows that rebounding is more about desire and knowing where to be than it is about height and athleticism. I'll have to watch him in the next game to see how he blocks out and how he watches for the shot.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

I agree . . . in the past, we lost most of the long rebounds. It just was what we did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT