ADVERTISEMENT

CAA Tourney Officiating

pubill

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2021
Watching all day yesterday and today, I have realized what we will see in officiating The popular narrative on this board is Big 10 officials let games get too rough and let more contact come into play. Watching the tourney games I believe across the board all games are allowing much more physical play than Big 10. They are allowing you to rake at the ball on defense, which in Big 10 is almost always called a foul. Also they are not calling flops or allowing the offensive players to dupe them into calling fouls. We need to be ready for the defense being physical with us.

Watching all day yesterday and today, I have realized what we will see in officiating The popular narrative on this board is Big 10 officials let games get too rough and let more contact come into play. Watching the tourney games I believe across the board all games are allowing much more physical play than Big 10. They are allowing you to rake at the ball on defense, which in Big 10 is almost always called a foul. Also they are not calling flops or allowing the offensive players to dupe them into calling fouls. We need to be ready for the defense being physical with us.
I’ve seen some really bad calls in the big east as well. These refs move around a little bit, but I think what we can say is that they lean to a slower whistle which favors athleticism over skill

I was thinking the same while watching Marquette vs. W Kentucky. Very physical. Then out of nowhere they call a phantom foul. We know Gillis will get at least one of those. It's a ritual for the refs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT