ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

12 yards
We look like an unprepared team. Even our "All-American" can't tackle. Along with this makeshift O-line this game is a joke.

I was a Walter's believer but this shows he's not ready for the B1G. Well, the future looks murky.
At least you are honest and see what 18 and I have been mentioning........ None of us like seeing this.

100% disagree. The coaching staff had 2 weeks to get this team ready and failed to do so miserably. This is a top to bottom failure.
Everyone blames the coach for everything, this team came out with dear in the headlights attitude. I just don’t see any heart in the players today. You can’t teach heart. These players need to pull their heads out of their arsses and start playing with self pride. Pansies

fans need to stay away until they hire a quality head coach. this guy is hazel 2.0 or worse
Exactly why I didn't renew my season tickets when they announced this hire. We were coming off our best season in years, had an opportunity to continue on the success that Brohm built with a solid hire, and went the cheap route with a rookie head coach hire.

Reactions: mklinker
Everyone blames the coach for everything, this team came out with dear in the headlights attitude. I just don’t see any heart in the players today. You can’t teach heart. These players need to pull their heads out of their arsses and start playing with self pride. Pansies
If players are not fired up for a rivalry game, that’s on coaching. Gotta put players in position to succeed. Coaches haven’t done that despite having two weeks to do so.

The thing is, Purdue fans if football is good will pack the place. This is a flat out embarrassing performance so far.
the fans are great, I'm just sayin it's a vicious cycle, bad teams will not get many difference makers, the good players want to attend places where they can excel

It's part of the coach's job to motivate his players and have them ready to play

Reactions: BBG
They lack all the fundamentals which can be taught. To look THIS bad after two weeks to prepare.. it's on the coaching staff as well as the players.

This is a 100% top to bottom failure.

Reactions: mklinker
This is a coaching clinic. Our schemes on both sides of the ball are high school level. At the same time our players are Charmin-soft

Unfortunately, I'm running out of adjectives to describe this debacle......

hqdefault.jpg

Our “defense” is supposed to stop the spread but doesn’t do too well vs the run. Long season ahead…

Yeah that's not scheme or coaching just pathetically embarrassing execution and effort.

I think this kind of performance can break a team's confidence.

I'm not gonna call for anyone to be fired in game 2 of year 2 but this staff is going to have to start over on everything they are doing because I don't think I have seen a team look this sloppy bad and overmatched from effort even during Hazel years. We at least played hard for a quarter or two before getting blown out.
It’s a sad thing to quibble over, but Hazel’s teams were worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT