ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Absolutely. I was rooting so hard for them to win that game last week.
If you don’t think nd came in with a massive chip on their shoulders today, I don’t know what to tell you.

Would you want to bet that NIU could come into R—A and win 66-7?

Wait- strike that- maybe they would!

Reactions: Bippus33
Exactly why I didn't renew my season tickets when they announced this hire. We were coming off our best season in years, had an opportunity to continue on the success that Brohm built with a solid hire, and went the cheap route with a rookie head coach hire.
Fire Brohm!!!

Reactions: bang63
Complete BS theory. It matters how you play more than anything. We would've got smoked by Notre Dame any week we played them.
By that logic, NIU would beat ND anytime they played.

ND is demonstrably more talented than either Purdue or NIU - how come NIU won???

Now I can see why the practices weren't open. I always enjoyed nonbiased opinions from our fans that actually get to observe something.

By that logic, NIU would beat ND anytime they played.

ND is demonstrably more talented than either Purdue or NIU - how come NIU won???
I never suggested NIU would beat Notre Dame every time they played. I'm suggesting it's not just about timing. This Ryan Walters coached team would never beat this Notre Dame team. Not last week. Not today. Not next week. Not a month from now. Never. It's not about playing them at the wrong time. It's about having bad coaches that don't appear to know the first thing about putting together a good football team at this level, let alone developing players and putting together a game plan that puts them in positions to have success.

I never suggested NIU would beat Notre Dame every time they played. I'm suggesting it's not just about timing. This Ryan Walters coached team would never beat this Notre Dame team. Not last week. Not today. Not next week. Not a month from now. Never. It's not about playing them at the wrong time. It's about having bad coaches that don't appear to know the first thing about putting together a good football team at this level, let alone developing players and putting together a game plan that puts them in positions to have success.
CRW took a major nosedive today in my eyes.. I honestly can’t push back anymore against those who are convinced he’s even worse than Hazel….
However , I’ve watched waaay to much college sports over the years to dismiss the power of motivation ( or lack thereof):

NIU had no business beating ND in South Bend.

Purdue had no business losing to ND by fifty-****ing nine points in Ross-Ade.

IMO the Gene Keady Theorem is what explains both of these ridiculous results.

Geno knows!

Stubhub gonna be busy after that ass pounding.
It’s still $$$ going into Purdue’s coffers.

The downside, of course is that this marquee home slate will be de facto home games for Purdue’s opponents.

This is what it’s like to be an Indinia football fan 😳

Why are we celebrating and blaring horns when we score a touchdown to trim the deficit to 42? Everyone associated with this performance should be ashamed. Not even competitive.
For the same reason that our defense is celebrating making a tackle after giving up 6 yards and being down 59 points.....
Culture issue...

Reactions: RossMackey and BBG
The best way to describe the Purdue coaching staff is - The Original Amateur Hour! When a team is running through your line at will, did it ever occur to you that perhaps you should
move your linebackers up closer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT