ADVERTISEMENT

Nice how the refs handed you that game

I agree with you. This clearly should have handed us the game in regulation.
giphy.gif

Go back and watch the game and count the number of times Edwards gets fouled with no call. Count the number of over-the-backs that didn't get called on PSU on rebounds. You might change your opinion. Plus, the play in question was just a bad decision, wildly driving the lane with 13 seconds to play against three defenders trying to get fouled, most times that is not getting called.

That was a terrible no call. The BIG officiating really sucks and has for some time now. I think those were replacement refs, because of the weather. I am getting tired of the no calls when Carsen drives to the basket also.
As an official myself 10 years of experience but not at the college level there were many phantom calls but also a travel call by Stevens b4 the no call on my son that was missed right in front of the official. The reason the lead official baseline official and the C (center) official neither was in good position to actually see the reach in on nojel to actually make a call Haarms was in the C official view and the lead official did not get into position by sliding down into the play to make a call that occurred why no call was made. Bad officiating in my opinion for most of the game but as an official we gonna miss some calls we are human. By the way the 3 point basket that tied to the game at 85 was a push off and they let that go so PS can complain about that 1 call in that critical situation look at some of the miss calls that lead to some of there points as well. Nojel played that play well with the block almost the same identical play by same player this time no push off but same move and he was prepared for it held his grown and that 6”7 size with 6”9 wingspan was his advantage guarding a 6”4 guard paid dividends. Gotta get better guarding 3pt line but touching out a win on the road against a team with nothing to loose was a grind out hard fought win. Now Minnesota next lets keep rollin.

As an official myself 10 years of experience but not at the college level there were many phantom calls but also a travel call by Stevens b4 the no call on my son that was missed right in front of the official. The reason the lead official baseline official and the C (center) official neither was in good position to actually see the reach in on nojel to actually make a call Haarms was in the C official view and the lead official did not get into position by sliding down into the play to make a call that occurred why no call was made. Bad officiating in my opinion for most of the game but as an official we gonna miss some calls we are human. By the way the 3 point basket that tied to the game at 85 was a push off and they let that go so PS can complain about that 1 call in that critical situation look at some of the miss calls that lead to some of there points as well. Nojel played that play well with the block almost the same identical play by same player this time no push off but same move and he was prepared for it held his grown and that 6”7 size with 6”9 wingspan was his advantage guarding a 6”4 guard paid dividends. Gotta get better guarding 3pt line but touching out a win on the road against a team with nothing to loose was a grind out hard fought win. Now Minnesota next lets keep rollin.

Gotta disagree on one point. These refs never let being out of position stop them from making a call....lol

With the lack of calls on our end I was actually worried most for your son and him getting hurt.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Anyway you look at it was a poorly officiated game. I understand why the OP is upset, hell I would be too, if a bad call at the end of a game screwed Purdue. Over the years we've been on the wrong end of it and it's not a good feeling.

never should have gone to ot.
you're right you circus clown, Grady Eifert should have never missed that wide open lay up... you're welcome for the OT and the extra publicity for your dumpster fire of a program... Chambers probably loved that close loss more than the others this season

you're right you circus clown, Grady Eifert should have never missed that wide open lay up... you're welcome for the OT and the extra publicity for your dumpster fire of a program... Chambers probably loved that close loss more than the others this season

From the expression on his face when Jelly was icing the free throws, I don't think Chambers was enjoying it at all.

never should have gone to ot.
Your players complain and grandstand more than any others I have seen this year. Not sure how Watkins is allowed to punch the basketball goal without being called for a T. Not sure how Stevens is allowed to square up to Haarms after making a tough shot over him without some sort of warning. Not sure how so many players are allowed to jump and flail their arms like a 3 year old that gets their tablet taken away from them.

But then again, that's the culture your HC has built there. I'll tell you this much...you never see Purdue players throw a damn hissy fit when they are called for a foul or don't get a foul call (yes Carsen does question the non-calls with looks at the refs), but I would be embarrassed if Purdue's players acted like PSU's did.

I'll tell you this much...you never see Purdue players throw a damn hissy fit when they are called for a foul or don't get a foul call (yes Carsen does question the non-calls with looks at the refs), but I would be embarrassed if Purdue's players acted like PSU's did.

Haarms throws "hissy fits" with some regularity. I love the kid's passion, but he's a tech waiting to happen (and I think he did get T'd up once this season). He was called for a foul near the end of the pre-season scrimmage & proceeded to repeat "that's bullshit" about 150 times. He was still complaining when they were running wind-sprints!

Your players complain and grandstand more than any others I have seen this year. Not sure how Watkins is allowed to punch the basketball goal without being called for a T. Not sure how Stevens is allowed to square up to Haarms after making a tough shot over him without some sort of warning. Not sure how so many players are allowed to jump and flail their arms like a 3 year old that gets their tablet taken away from them.

But then again, that's the culture your HC has built there. I'll tell you this much...you never see Purdue players throw a damn hissy fit when they are called for a foul or don't get a foul call (yes Carsen does question the non-calls with looks at the refs), but I would be embarrassed if Purdue's players acted like PSU's did.
GET HIM JOHNNY

Haarms throws "hissy fits" with some regularity. I love the kid's passion, but he's a tech waiting to happen (and I think he did get T'd up once this season). He was called for a foul near the end of the pre-season scrimmage & proceeded to repeat "that's bullshit" about 150 times. He was still complaining when they were running wind-sprints!

Yeah....Matt Haarms received a technical for arguing in the Wisconsin game after his offensive foul against Happ. The tough thing with that is it's also a personal foul. In addition, I had forgotten that Watkins and Haarms got into it last year and both received technicals, which effectively removed Watkins from a good chunk of the game.

We also realize there's the possibility for an inadvertent injury (perhaps to a teammate) with the fist-pumping, etc. I love the passion too.....just if it were efficiently channeled. I can understand, though, that fans/supporters of opponents have a dislike for him.....use it to your advantage, within the rules, of course.

Reactions: Beeazlebub
From reviewing his/her/it’s previous post, I believe we have a butt hurt MSU fan on our board, worried about being over taken in the BIG standings.

What an idiot.. that was the qorse reffed game in PSUs favor Ive seen in a LONG time if not ever. Horrfic officiating. Its karma they missed the foul at the emd for you but it doesnt come close to evening up that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT