ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

I haven't watched Nebraska, but if their QB is into just chucking bombs deep to any reasonably talented receivers, that's a problem for Purdue. There will be PI flags all over the place and a good chance a couple are completed.
You haven’t seen a team do that unless they have a multi faceted offense. So.. yeah it’s a problem when penn state has an OK offensive line, a QB who can run and 5 and high 4 star backs off the bench. Nebraska’s run can be slowed just by our DL cause their OL isn’t good. So now the CBs can give a little cushion since Thompson can’t fire an accurate out or stop short anyway

Reactions: Gemini95
You are comparing Doerue to Ibrahim??? LOL

Autman-Bell also has almost 2,000 receiving yards in a less pass happy offense.

For the record I favor Purdue to beat Nebraska...just don't think Purdue is that good. B10 sucks this year.
Yeah but you’re still talking in that royal Nebraska fan tone.

it isn’t 1994, tommie Frazier can’t save you, you guys never have had a coach successfully take you out of the option (pay attention, I know you’re out of the option) AND into a new offense that’s your identity… so put the ****ing Zubaz away and shut the **** up…

Guess what buddahaw.. Oconnell was hampered against Minnesota. He’s likely going to be close to 100% this week… he’s not Noah vedral the Nebraska reject. Expect a passing offense that’s light years ahead of Noah telling his teammates to get open and he will point then throw.

you beat Rutgers and Indiana. If Purdue isn’t good then Nebraska is somewhere around I-AA not good

But we all know you won’t be here after about the first quarter.. idiot

Reactions: purduepat1969

it isn’t 1994, tommie Frazier can’t save you, you guys never have had a coach successfully take you out of the option (pay attention, I know you’re out of the option) AND into a new offense that’s your identity… so put the ****ing Zubaz away and shut the **** up…

Guess what buddahaw.. Oconnell was hampered against Minnesota. He’s likely going to be close to 100% this week… he’s not Noah vedral the Nebraska reject. Expect a passing offense that’s light years ahead of Noah telling his teammates to get open and he will point then throw.

you beat Rutgers and Indiana. If Purdue isn’t good then Nebraska is somewhere around I-AA not good

Good ol' Rutgers is 2-0 vs Purdue (all-time)....

Goofball O'Connell is going to have his ass in the dirt a few times to get homeboy rattled. Your best WR is an Iowa reject - I am not scared of Purdue at all. Can't run the ball or get sacks on defense. Your home night game means nothing when it looks like a good local high school stadium.

GBR

• Haha
Reactions: KJBBoiler

Goofball O'Connell is going to have his ass in the dirt a few times to get homeboy rattled. Your best WR is an Iowa reject - I am not scared of Purdue at all. Can't run the ball or get sacks on defense. Your home night game means nothing when it looks like a good local high school stadium.

GBR
Yeah cause Bob Diaco coaches here and Gregory Phillips Is a starting wide receiver moron …

Again just commit to being here late in the game regardless.

GBR

22-40 in your last 62 games. You probably weren't scared of Georgia Southern either.

Northwestern didn’t scare anyone and still doesn’t.. I think they are at a 6% chance to beat us on FPI. Sure did work the gimmicky pitch boys

Ryan Hilinski sure looked like a goofball and definitely got rattled going only 27 of 38 for 314 and 2 TDs.

Just his best QB rating game in a NW uniform by a wide margin at 157.8 (in only 1 other game does he have a rating above 130, against Rutgers last year).

Reactions: pboiler18
Ryan Hilinski sure looked like a goofball and definitely got rattled going only 27 of 38 for 314 and 2 TDs.

Just his best QB rating game in a NW uniform by a wide margin at 157.8 (in only 1 other game does he have a rating above 130, against Rutgers last year).
But that was before they fired their head coach and DC and began relying on their assistants lol. But they are better because they beat Indiana lol.

Oops… 😂😂

Vegas knows about the following things:

- Nebraska's top CB, Quinton Newsome will be out with a Groin Injury.
- Nebraska's top LB, Luke Reimer, is likely out the next few weeks.
- Nebraska Offensive Coordinator, Mark Whipple, has been dealing with health scares the last few weeks, and may be forced to literally retire. He's missed a number of days the last few weeks.

Add that to a team with an already bad defense and a terrible offensive line.

The Spread makes more sense than some might think, especially with Graham coming back for Purdue.

The only way Nebraska covers the spread is if Purdue continues to extend opposing drives with dumb penalties and commits a handful of turnovers.

Is the Nebraska o-line as bad as I’ve seen. I saw that Rutgers got an insane amount of pressures while only rushing 4

Idiot enough to say a middle school team could beat a D1 P5 football team? Purdoodoo

Only a complete and utter redneck moron names themselves after the words of a professional "wrestler". You watchin' them wrastlin' matches with ur kin in ur trailer in Omaha?

You haven’t seen a team do that unless they have a multi faceted offense. So.. yeah it’s a problem when penn state has an OK offensive line, a QB who can run and 5 and high 4 star backs off the bench. Nebraska’s run can be slowed just by our DL cause their OL isn’t good. So now the CBs can give a little cushion since Thompson can’t fire an accurate out or stop short anyway
Shrader beat us that way and I was completely unimpressed by him. Yeah I know they're good and he puts up numbers, but he looked terrible for the most part. And we stuffed their stud RB. FAU QB hit a loing one or 2 IIRC. We lost to Minnesota last year in the rain when their only good play was Tanner Morgan falling over backward throwing a hail mary. IDK man I just always think it's going to be bad when I see a QB loading up for a bomb lol

Reactions: Dennis H.
Shrader beat us that way and I was completely unimpressed by him. Yeah I know they're good and he puts up numbers, but he looked terrible for the most part. And we stuffed their stud RB. FAU QB hit a loing one or 2 IIRC. We lost to Minnesota last year in the rain when their only good play was Tanner Morgan falling over backward throwing a hail mary. IDK man I just always think it's going to be bad when I see a QB loading up for a bomb lol
English was in the wrong defense without Graham v Syracuse. Against FAU we didn’t have, gee, I don’t know, Aidan O’Connell. Our QB was in that Terbush/Siller echelon

Minny wasn't missing their core OL which is supposedly the best or top 3 in the conference and any average RB should be able to run behind. Neb's doesn't have anyone at tackle that can pass protect or even average run blocking. We should be fine. Graham is a finer overall talent than anyone Minny was missing.

Our DL is stout this year against the run. Better than I can remember (maybe 2017?). We always have been hammered by having no depth on DL. It's been a tremendous help in 2H of games this year so long as our scheme/play calls have fit.

If we avoid sloppy penalties we beat the spread.

I bet you love the season Adrian Martinez is having this year don’t you?
Doesn't bother me at all....he's only passing for 150 yds/game. They are using him a lot smarter, but they also are a better team than he saw at Nebraska. K St will lose 4 more games this year.

Minny wasn't missing their core OL which is supposedly the best or top 3 in the conference and any average RB should be able to run behind. Neb's doesn't have anyone at tackle that can pass protect or even average run blocking. We should be fine. Graham is a finer overall talent than anyone Minny was missing.

Our DL is stout this year against the run. Better than I can remember (maybe 2017?). We always have been hammered by having no depth on DL. It's been a tremendous help in 2H of games this year so long as our scheme/play calls have fit.

If we avoid sloppy penalties we beat the spread.

Did you see after the Purdue win, the Minny center was the best IOL per pro football focus. No idea how

GBR
jeff bridges opinion GIF

Can we let the myth that Nebraska fans are overly nice or polite die now? Their move to - and utter failure in - the Big Ten has exposed their fan base as a collection of angry, petulant, delusional and bitter bunch of Napoleon complexes.

Their board constantly talks about how bad the Big Ten is every year … it’s the most bizarre combination of “misery loves company” and the kid who’s afraid of failing if he actually tries so he sits smugly on the sidelines and ridicules how stupid the game is. The SEC love fest is unending, as well, which makes it so surprising that the SEC hasn’t nabbed up such an immaculate football juggernaut for itself!!

GBR
And Purdue is 2 and 0 in their last two games in your stadium.

Can we let the myth that Nebraska fans are overly nice or polite die now? Their move to - and utter failure in - the Big Ten has exposed their fan base as a collection of angry, petulant, delusional and bitter bunch of Napoleon complexes.

Their board constantly talks about how bad the Big Ten is every year … it’s the most bizarre combination of “misery loves company” and the kid who’s afraid of failing if he actually tries so he sits smugly on the sidelines and ridicules how stupid the game is. The SEC love fest is unending, as well, which makes it so surprising that the SEC hasn’t nabbed up such an immaculate football juggernaut for itself!!
I honestly have no problems with Nebraska. A fanbase that big is bound to have some crazies. Though I probably wouldn't be too sad if they did decide to leave the conference.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
We were missing Jalen Graham (our best defensive player), Broc Thompson (one of our best WRs), and a couple of OL. Everyone is banged up at this point.

Minnesota is a much better team than Nebraska is regardless. So is Maryland.
Agreed. Those are good wins for Purdue. If they play like that they probably cover the spread, if they play like the other games NU has a shot. Our WR's are good, it is all if our horrible O-Line can keep Thompson upright. If that happens we will see where it goes, but if your D-Line gets after us early, it is going to be a long night.

You need to come up with some new material. It's laughable how people always bring up it isn't 1994. No shit. Nebraska has been horrible for going on 10 years now. We know that.

You need to come up with some new material. It's laughable how people always bring up it isn't 1994. No shit. Nebraska has been horrible for going on 10 years now. We know that.
When your program has never done anything over 100 years of football, you tend to be salty.

I would gladly have new material for you daily except I’m banned from your pansy ass board …

you have sucked for ten years. You are Purdue, northwestern, Illinois now. And yet you people always talk like a return to glory is just around the corner. And it isn’t …

perspective.. last year on rivals Ohio had a top 55, Indiana had a top 30… the state of Nebraska had a top 5. In a coming era where players will cut and run all day, each team is going to need a good local base of talented players who go there for the right reasons. You don’t have that..

There is no turnaround coming like you elitist stooges think there is. If you can achieve poor man’s Iowa results you’ll be doing well.

^ I think the right coach can get Nebraska back to a top 25 team. Problems are:

1) The days of Nebraska dominating a conference like the Big 8 and having that propel them to huge national stages (bowls) are long gone, and many of their fans don’t realize that.

2) They’ll probably fire the next guy if he isn’t competing with Ohio State, and the process will continue until it waters down each new coach, as candidates won’t want to sign up for this unwinnable mission.

My Neb friends who's family has had season tix since 1954 (or close to that) were so excited with Frost until the warning signs started popping up in year 3. If Purdue can find the right coach after a historically bad hire, there's no doubt Neb will do the same if not better. Pelini was an absolute jerk and Riley drained the talent and it seems that Frost wasn't 100% focused/organized. I predict a turnaround that will be reflected similar to IL except football bearable to the eyes.

^ I think the right coach can get Nebraska back to a top 25 team. Problems are:

1) The days of Nebraska dominating a conference like the Big 8 and having that propel them to huge national stages (bowls) are long gone, and many of their fans don’t realize that.

2) They’ll probably fire the next guy if he isn’t competing with Ohio State, and the process will continue until it waters down each new coach, as candidates won’t want to sign up for this unwinnable mission.
Competent coach will realize it won't be hard to be a constant top 25 team at Nebraska...run the ball and play defense. We will out recruit all other B10 west teams (besides future USC).

Pelini had this model and it worked - he wasn't even a great coach.

My Neb friends who's family has had season tix since 1954 (or close to that) were so excited with Frost until the warning signs started popping up in year 3. If Purdue can find the right coach after a historically bad hire, there's no doubt Neb will do the same if not better. Pelini was an absolute jerk and Riley drained the talent and it seems that Frost wasn't 100% focused/organized. I predict a turnaround that will be reflected similar to IL except football bearable to the eyes.
The same if not better? The state of Indiana has a top 30 on rivals. The state of Nebraska?? Last year they had a top 5.

> No big city within 5 hours, and you don’t have to go to Nebraska to play on national tv

> No recruiting LA or Texas. See above for LA and Texas kids won’t get to play Texas as they did when Nebraska was in the big 12.

But more importantly Purdue has had some success over the years as a passing offense. That’s an identity. What about Nebraska? What success have they had with a new identity after the option.

Purdue is 1 hour from Indy and 2 from Chicago. Less relevant 40 years ago when there was no 85 scholarship limit, Nebraska had prop 40 or whatever, they could get top kids from LA and Texas .. and I mean real ball players not just soft high rated recruits. Very relevant now

if Leipold is who he appears to he, you don’t think that better than Nebraska will be coming for him?

Competent coach will realize it won't be hard to be a constant top 25 team at Nebraska...run the ball and play defense. We will out recruit all other B10 west teams (besides future USC).

Pelini had this model and it worked - he wasn't even a great coach.
For years you’ve had higher rated recruits.. who haven’t been ball players who developed. When Pelini was coach you still recruited Texas cause you played Texas dumbass

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT