ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

The same if not better? The state of Indiana has a top 30 on rivals. The state of Nebraska?? Last year they had a top 5.

> No big city within 5 hours, and you don’t have to go to Nebraska to play on national tv

> No recruiting LA or Texas. See above for LA and Texas kids won’t get to play Texas as they did when Nebraska was in the big 12.

But more importantly Purdue has had some success over the years as a passing offense. That’s an identity. What about Nebraska? What success have they had with a new identity after the option.

Purdue is 1 hour from Indy and 2 from Chicago. Less relevant 40 years ago when there was no 85 scholarship limit, Nebraska had prop 40 or whatever, they could get top kids from LA and Texas .. and I mean real ball players not just soft high rated recruits. Very relevant now

if Leipold is who he appears to he, you don’t think that better than Nebraska will be coming for him?
Prop 48

My Neb friends who's family has had season tix since 1954 (or close to that) were so excited with Frost until the warning signs started popping up in year 3. If Purdue can find the right coach after a historically bad hire, there's no doubt Neb will do the same if not better. Pelini was an absolute jerk and Riley drained the talent and it seems that Frost wasn't 100% focused/organized. I predict a turnaround that will be reflected similar to IL except football bearable to the eyes.
The warning signs with Frost showed up in Year 1 for him at Nebraska and never really went away. Nebraska beat itself with strange coaching decisions, lots of turnovers, and way too many penalties. They beat themselves.

I was close lol

just curious, where do you see Nebraska going after this year
It totally depends on who they hire. Seriously, I could see Nebraska, with the right coach, consistently being a Top 25 program again. I could also see Nebraska being what it’s been for the last 10 years. Huskers fans hated on Pelini but they have been nowhere near as good as their 9-win years since. Do I see Nebraska becoming a dominant BIG program playing routinely in the playoffs? No. The BIG is much tougher than the Big 8/Big XII. The comment about the BIG West from the Husker fan is going to be moot - when UCLA and USC join the BIG will not have East and West divisions anymore.

• Love
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I would gladly have new material for you daily except I’m banned from your pansy ass board …

you have sucked for ten years. You are Purdue, northwestern, Illinois now. And yet you people always talk like a return to glory is just around the corner. And it isn’t …

perspective.. last year on rivals Ohio had a top 55, Indiana had a top 30… the state of Nebraska had a top 5. In a coming era where players will cut and run all day, each team is going to need a good local base of talented players who go there for the right reasons. You don’t have that..

There is no turnaround coming like you elitist stooges think there is. If you can achieve poor man’s Iowa results you’ll be doing well.
Who is talking that? I mean really. Maybe you are mad at something Nebraska has done to you, but we know who we are right now.. Once again, new material. You aren't good at this.

It totally depends on who they hire. Seriously, I could see Nebraska, with the right coach, consistently being a Top 25 program again. I could also see Nebraska being what it’s been for the last 10 years. Huskers fans hated on Pelini but they have been nowhere near as good as their 9-win years since. Do I see Nebraska becoming a dominant BIG program playing routinely in the playoffs? No. The BIG is much tougher than the Big 8/Big XII. The comment about the BIG West from the Husker fan is going to be moot - when UCLA and USC join the BIG will not have East and West divisions anymore.
Ok but how likely do you think it is that they make a big time hire? I’d say 40%

My Neb friends who's family has had season tix since 1954 (or close to that) were so excited with Frost until the warning signs started popping up in year 3. If Purdue can find the right coach after a historically bad hire, there's no doubt Neb will do the same if not better. Pelini was an absolute jerk and Riley drained the talent and it seems that Frost wasn't 100% focused/organized. I predict a turnaround that will be reflected similar to IL except football bearable to the eyes.
100%. We have also had a really bad admin system that has led to a lot of this. Nebraska has had some ups and downs after the Osborne years, but what really killed NU was Osborne hiring Solich and not letting Bill Byrne choose a replacement. From there we just made a lot of head scratching hires because of our Admins. I thought Frost might be decent, but after year 2 you could tell he just wasn't doing the things he said he was going to do.

NU is a sleeping giant and the right coach could turn it around overnight. We are hoping Trev makes the right call, but as fans we haven't seen it from our Admins in 25 years.

Reactions: Purdue85
Who is talking that? I mean really. Maybe you are mad at something Nebraska has done to you, but we know who we are right now.. Once again, new material. You aren't good at this.
You do know who you are right now, and yet you still have clowns on this board and yours acting like Purdue isn’t good and like your rise to glory is just a new hire away.

Purdue is a good ball team and Nebraska is assured no such rise after this year

100%. We have also had a really bad admin system that has led to a lot of this. Nebraska has had some ups and downs after the Osborne years, but what really killed NU was Osborne hiring Solich and not letting Bill Byrne choose a replacement. From there we just made a lot of head scratching hires because of our Admins. I thought Frost might be decent, but after year 2 you could tell he just wasn't doing the things he said he was going to do.

NU is a sleeping giant and the right coach could turn it around overnight. We are hoping Trev makes the right call, but as fans we haven't seen it from our Admins in 25 years.
NU is not a sleeping giant .. your state produces very little local talent and you aren’t in the big 12 anymore which means no more Texas kids

Ok but how likely do you think it is that they make a big time hire? I’d say 40%
I have no idea. Regardless of how you feel about it, Nebraska does have a storied history (they are like the Indiana Hoosiers in MBB - haven’t been good for quite a long time, but have a rabid fanbase and did win NCs in the past.). They will pay to get better.

• Sad
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I have no idea. Regardless of who you feel about it, Nebraska does have a storied history (they are like the Indiana Hoosiers in MBB - haven’t been good for quite a long time, but have a rabid fanbase and did win NCs in the past.). They will pay to get better.
😟

You do know who you are right now, and yet you still have clowns on this board and yours acting like Purdue isn’t good and like your rise to glory is just a new hire away.

Purdue is a good ball team and Nebraska is assured no such rise after this year
leodisflowers isn’t dissing Purdue. The other Huskers fan is. Nebraska could make a great hire and get better quickly. They haven’t made good HC selections in Riley, Callahan, or Frost. Pelini routinely won 9 games and they canned him. He took Nebraska to the BIG Championship game - they got slaughtered - but he got them there at least.

Reactions: joseole101
HAHAHAHAH.

Sleeping giant my ass. The issue isnt the fan base or support of the program. Its that the landscape of college football has changed. Texas and Oklahoma kids arent lining up to come to Nebraska....they are lining up to go to Texas and Oklahoma schools.

Nebraska has 1 thing going for it right now....that it plays in the BIG West. That said, it has ever since Frost has been there, has generally out recruited other teams in the West but hasn't been able to beat them on the field. I think Nebraska with the right hire could get back to 8+ wins fairly easily. But a sleeping giant? Not a chance. There are 10+ Texas schools texas kids would rather go to than Nebraska and that wasnt the way it was back when Nebraska was last nationally relevant. You could no doubt develop a pipeline somewhere else but youd still be getting somebody's leftovers.

The best you will ever be is competitive in the West....and god forbid the BIG drops divisions and you have to play some mix of Michigan, PSU and OSU every year....it will make it just that much tougher.

HAHAHAHAH.

Sleeping giant my ass. The issue isnt the fan base or support of the program. Its that the landscape of college football has changed. Texas and Oklahoma kids arent lining up to come to Nebraska....they are lining up to go to Texas and Oklahoma schools.

Nebraska has 1 thing going for it right now....that it plays in the BIG West. That said, it has ever since Frost has been there, has generally out recruited other teams in the West but hasn't been able to beat them on the field. I think Nebraska with the right hire could get back to 8+ wins fairly easily. But a sleeping giant? Not a chance. There are 10+ Texas schools texas kids would rather go to than Nebraska and that wasnt the way it was back when Nebraska was last nationally relevant. You could no doubt develop a pipeline somewhere else but youd still be getting somebody's leftovers.

The best you will ever be is competitive in the West....and god forbid the BIG drops divisions and you have to play some mix of Michigan, PSU and OSU every year....it will make it just that much tougher.
The East and West Divisions are going away.

Reactions: Boiler8285
HAHAHAHAH.

Facilities, Money, NIL among other things tough guy. All a much higher ceiling than at Purdue. So keep laughing because everyone laughs at Purdue thinking they are Ohio St.

leodisflowers isn’t dissing Purdue. The other Huskers fan is. Nebraska could make a great hire and get better quickly. They haven’t made good HC selections in Riley, Callahan, or Frost. Pelini routinely won 9 games and they canned him. He took Nebraska to the BIG Championship game - they got slaughtered - but he got them there at least.
But see I think that’s what does them in. I really think 9 wins isn’t going to be enough for them.

Reactions: pboiler18
You don’t know shit. **** your gimmicky option bs.
giphy.gif

Purdue knows it isn't Ohio St. Nebraska doesn't realize it is Iowa.
We aren't Iowa. We are way less than that right now. If you actually talked to most Husker fans they have that opinion. We realize we aren't good right now. Hell go look at our prediction thread so far. 90% is predicting a Purdue win a a few saying it could be a blowout.

The same if not better? The state of Indiana has a top 30 on rivals. The state of Nebraska?? Last year they had a top 5.

> No big city within 5 hours, and you don’t have to go to Nebraska to play on national tv

> No recruiting LA or Texas. See above for LA and Texas kids won’t get to play Texas as they did when Nebraska was in the big 12.

But more importantly Purdue has had some success over the years as a passing offense. That’s an identity. What about Nebraska? What success have they had with a new identity after the option.

Purdue is 1 hour from Indy and 2 from Chicago. Less relevant 40 years ago when there was no 85 scholarship limit, Nebraska had prop 40 or whatever, they could get top kids from LA and Texas .. and I mean real ball players not just soft high rated recruits. Very relevant now

if Leipold is who he appears to he, you don’t think that better than Nebraska will be coming for him?
They have a stronger fan base/NIL structure and resources than most in B1G West. I don't have a crystal ball on what coach and recruiting location is less important now in the transfer era. We're in a good spot and years ahead of Neb at this point. I'm just saying, don't count them out. We take care of business on Saturday to strengthen our position. Depends if they modernize their philosophy to be more national. They almost have to hire an expensive proven winner and dump more NIL than competition at this point.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to watch.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Competent coach will realize it won't be hard to be a constant top 25 team at Nebraska...run the ball and play defense. We will out recruit all other B10 west teams (besides future USC).

Pelini had this model and it worked - he wasn't even a great coach.
LOL run the ball and play defense. You're not delusional or stuck in the past at all.

For years you’ve had higher rated recruits.. who haven’t been ball players who developed. When Pelini was coach you still recruited Texas cause you played Texas dumbass
You know nothing about Nebraska...we were winning with minimal Texas talent.

Abdullah, Martinez, Bell, Enunwa, David, Suh etc. etc. Cali was actually our best spot most years and will only get better once we add Pac 12 teams.

That is what works for Nebraska. We will never be Ohio St. Get back to toughness and an offense that works for rural area.
That is what used to work for Nebraska. And everyone else. Like I said., you are stuck in the past.

Purdoo ain't got a past...be salty.
Recognize these names? Hank Stram? (NFL HOF) Len Dawson? (NFL HOF) Bob Griese? (NFL HOF) Rod Woodson? (NFL HOF) Drew Brees? (NFL HOF - soon)

Gary Danielson? Mike Phipps? Kyle Orton? Jim Everett? Mark Hermann? Daryl Stingley? Lamar Lundy? Dave Butz?

You are pretty ignorant. I don’t think you follow college football outside of your parochial view of Nebraska.

Last edited:
Recognize these names? Hank Stram? (NFL HOF) Len Dawson? (NFL HOF) Bob Griese? (NFL HOF) Rod Woodson? (NFL HOF) Drew Brees? (NFL HOF - soon)

Gary Danielson? Mike Phipps? Kyle Orton? Jim Everett? Mark Hermann? Daryl Stingley? Lamar Lundy? Dave Butz?

You are pretty ignorant. I don’t think you follow college football outside of your parochial view of Nebraska.
Purdoo has 1 (yes, 1) conference title in the past 50 years. Pipe down

Competent coach will realize it won't be hard to be a constant top 25 team at Nebraska...run the ball and play defense. We will out recruit all other B10 west teams (besides future USC).

Pelini had this model and it worked - he wasn't even a great coach.
I have no idea. Regardless of how you feel about it, Nebraska does have a storied history (they are like the Indiana Hoosiers in MBB - haven’t been good for quite a long time, but have a rabid fanbase and did win NCs in the past.). They will pay to get better.
At some point though having storied history gets completely forgotten. Current recruits were born in like 2006. Even their parents probably aren’t old enough to remember IU basketball being good, and Nebraska football will be there soon. Nobody talks about Minnesota or Illinois national titles in football anymore. The advantage of IU basketball over Nebraska football is that IU is in an area good for recruiting, while Nebraska has no talent pool close by

At some point though having storied history gets completely forgotten. Current recruits were born in like 2006. Even their parents probably aren’t old enough to remember IU basketball being good, and Nebraska football will be there soon. Nobody talks about Minnesota or Illinois national titles in football anymore. The advantage of IU basketball over Nebraska football is that IU is in an area good for recruiting, while Nebraska has no talent pool close by
Not arguing anything you said. If Nebraska whiffs on its coach again, I agree that they could slide further into losing ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT