ADVERTISEMENT

Neal

He's played damn hard and was effective for his time on the field. Zero reason to play this year and risk getting injured again. The risk of potentially blowing your future in the NFL for a few more games in college on a team that is at best going to a low bowl game...I have no problem with shutting it down and representing Purdue at the next level. Allows more of the younger guys to get reps for the future.

I can't see Neal wanting to play against UW to prove he is ready and worthy of the NFL. Simply because I believe Neal would want some highlight reel type plays and he's not going to get many against UW. if Neal wants to impress the NFL, he'll play against IU and u of I.

well, it really isn't our business. It's nobody's business but his.

It doesn't require "b@lls" to make fans happy or unhappy. His gonads are irrelevant to the discussion.

The fans are irrelevant. His other teammates, however, are not.
With all due respects, fans really aren't irrelevant nor is what goes on with teams that they spend a fair amount in supporting simply "none of their business." Fans are the only reason college and professional sports are multi-billion dollar producers.
Agreed that fans possess no inherent "need to know" status, and I understand that there are many circumstances where status truly is unknown or should be protected for some reasons, but some transparency is generally appropriate, and imho just plain lying really is inappropriate.

With all due respects, fans really aren't irrelevant nor is what goes on with teams that they spend a fair amount in supporting simply "none of their business." Fans are the only reason college and professional sports are multi-billion dollar producers.
Agreed that fans possess no inherent "need to know" status, and I understand that there are many circumstances where status truly is unknown or should be protected for some reasons, but some transparency is generally appropriate, and imho just plain lying really is inappropriate.

Sincerely appreciate your follow up.

Did I miss something? Is someone lying about the situation?

when a certain player does certain things, it leads to fans speculating . When more than one player do the same thing, it leads to greater speculation and generalization.

Was Kwahi Leonard really injured when he sat out all those games in San Antonio ? A pro football player who wanted to be traded, created a bunch of illnesses and sickness and injuries, and didn't play a game this year, so his team traded him this week for two 1st round draft choices, and it's a miracle - he's cured and healed.

Look at baseball and drugs. look at all athletes and drugs. Some are caught, while the vast majority are not. The only reason Ryan Braun was caught was because they raided his supplier's paper records. he never tested positive.

I like to believe people and I like to have faith that they are telling the truth. But in today's society where one of the most accessed web sites is a fact checker, and there are so many lies coming out of one person's mouth, and people are accepting of the lies, it's become very hard differentiating the lies from the truth.

I would hope Purdue is different. You can tell me Brohm didn't accept a position at Louisville or Tennessee . But you will never make me believe there weren't discussions/inquiries. Sindelar had an injury last year. he could have come back earlier, but brohm road the hot hand with Blough.

I don't know what Neal's story is. I'd like to believe him. But if he doesn't come back, I'm ok with that too. It's his life. if he wants to play in the NFL, he should do what's in his best interest to get that job. That's what college is supposed to be about - getting a job.

Those Purdue supporters who are paying his $40,000/yr out-of-state scholarship might consider his decision to sit out to be their business.

Funny, it is still not your business, just like if Brohm decides to bench a player for conduct, injury, bad play. Your $40,000 is good at many institutions, but it does not entitle you to any decision making privileges with regards to another individuals future.

when donating to Purdue, I always earmark where my money is going. You don't have to donate to the John Purdue Club to donate to Purdue University. there are also other departments at Purdue other than Athletic Department.

Reactions: Boiler_HD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT