ADVERTISEMENT

Must win last 3 games.

paintball1979

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2008
After Wednesday's games, we are all alone in 8th place. Yes 8th place my friends. Is it crazy enough to consider we are battling OSU for our NCAA lives ?? They won't take 8 from B10. We go 1-2 or 0-3, we are definitely on the bubble. Can I paint an uglier picture.

Dude calm down. Do you really think OSU is getting into the tournament over Purdue? If so you're putting too much emphasis in an uneven B1G conference schedule and not enough emphasis on non-conference games. Purdue is ranked 20th in the country, if the tournament started tomorrow, Purdue would be a 5 seed based on their national rank.

Reactions: BBG and rasrar
Dude calm down. Do you really think OSU is getting into the tournament over Purdue? If so you're putting too much emphasis in an uneven B1G conference schedule and not enough emphasis on non-conference games. Purdue is ranked 20th in the country, if the tournament started tomorrow, Purdue would be a 5 seed based on their national rank.
People just don't get college basketball now-a-days.

After Wednesday's games, we are all alone in 8th place. Yes 8th place my friends. Is it crazy enough to consider we are battling OSU for our NCAA lives ?? They won't take 8 from B10. We go 1-2 or 0-3, we are definitely on the bubble. Can I paint an uglier picture.
Are there really still people out there who think conference standing has any bearing on whether you make the tournament or not?

Yeah I was indeed emotionally charged last night when I posted. No, I realize that even if we are CURRENTLY in 8th place, we are not ranked 8th in the the BT as far the NCAA is concerned. All I'm saying is we better finish strong or we could be in a bit of a pickle. Maryland and obviously now Wisconsin are going to be really tough wins. I think a 1-2 finish will keep us in 8th and no where near a 5 NCAA seed. If OSU and Mich finish strong, then what.
I'm trying to step away from the ledge, but we are 2-3 in our last 5, facing a tough finish, and currently holding an 8 seed BTT. I know....let it play out, but it is ...what it is ...currently.

MT0JxQ.jpg

We are pretty safely in tourney as of now but it has been disappointing lately for sure. All three of these games are winnable. They are also loseable as well. Wiscy is rolling, Maryland good and Nebraska not going to be easy. Have to finish strong or it will be disappointing season for sure

I think we are going to get the two home games. Maryland has underachieved more than we have and we really could have won at their place. I think we win a similar game at our place. Wisconsin is still Wisconsin which, fortunately for us, has always been a team we match up well with and even more so in Mackey. Even with their recent era of success, they have not won much at Mackey (once or maybe twice in a very long stretch if I'm not mistaken). I think we get them too.

The game at Nebraska is the one that scares me. It sounds like Shields is going close to returning (upgraded to questionable for tonight I think I saw) and I remember getting frustrated with our inability to contain them better in Mackey.

Bottom line is that we need to win the Maryland game. Adds another "signature" win to the resume, guarantees a winning conference record, and takes some of the pressure off the Nebraska game.

Yeah, based on how we've played on the road, I'm more "worried" about another "bad" loss @Nebraska than I am about Wisconsin and Maryland, two teams we matchup OK with.

We are going to the tourney & OSU is not. My concern is, when we get to the tourney, that we will win the same number of games as OSU.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT