ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State v. Purdue Game Thread

Exactly. Just by being on the court he dramatically changes the game and when he was out, we certainly felt his absence.

Some on this forum is about as schizophrenic as it gets when it comes to players. One minute they are a hero, next they are a heel and need to be benched for life.
If you step back and look at the variety of posts in conflict so very often you will find a difference of opinions in strategy as well. This is not unusual for fans. You must remember that everyone comes to the forum with different understandings adn beliefs...however they were derived. Many believe they see things based upon their understandings and want to share that which is obvious to them and possibly missing in others. I think it is safe to say that there are also many that are told what to think by commentators and the default without an understanding that may disagree to gravitate towards what they are told by that commentator. I'll assure you though that Purdue has no monopoly on different understandings of the game or players.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Zach and Mason had very good games as well. Zach appears to be a HUGE steal in a couple of ways.😊
I should add since I originally thought it was obvious and never mentioned that Eric was key as well. Three times he probed the D and got inside for a layup when Purdue had no vertical player movement. Lastly in the second half as the clock was winding down to 5.6 seconds, Jaden was about to step back and shoot another 3 when someone bailed that out with a foul inside. Was that the fould that Wheeler shot and went 1 for 2???

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Ivey's form on the huge 3-pointer he made in the 2nd half was very impressive. Fantastic body position and follow through. His hard work is paying off and it looks like he is practicing the correct type of shooting motion and trying to get rid of that quick pull back motion. If he can get to the point where he shoots all of his 3-pt shots like that one, he will at least be a 35% 3-pt shooter if not higher.
The difference was he took the shot in the flow of the offense and not just because he was open.

I was at Butler when Archie missed after 89 or 90 in a row at the end of the game . Game over he walked back out while his teammates stood at the corner of the gym and hit one more FT. Swish and then they all left fir the shower. Butler has had a lot of guards from New Castle

I found this interesting site that shows players from every state and town. New Castle shows 6 players that went to Butler. That was a pipeline. Gillis has the potential to be one of the best from there:

I found this interesting site that shows players from every state and town. New Castle shows 6 players that went to Butler. That was a pipeline. Gillis has the potential to be one of the best from there:

Yes, I misspelled ARchey and had no idea my memory was 18 years ago...my does time move so fast...

• Haha
Reactions: TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT