ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State v. Purdue Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Welcome to winter, Ladies and Gentlemen! This evening, it's the return game between the Michigan State Spartans and the Purdue Boilermakers in Mackey Arena. Tip coming up in less than an hour, scheduled for 7:00 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on ESPN>

Back on January 8, the Boilers rallied from a large deficit to stun the Spartans 55-544 in East Lansing on Trevion Williams short jumper with a few seconds left. That started a four-game run for Purdue vaulting them up the conference standings. Since that run, the Boilers have dropped games to Michigan and on the road to Maryland and Minnesota while defeating Minnesota and Northwestern at home. Michigan State has dropped 5 of its last 7 and also had three games postponed.

Make no mistake, however, Michigan State is quite capable if they play well.....and they gave Purdue fits in the first half of the last game. The Boilers need to be ready for a strong showing and match the intensity.....and they naturally have to knock down the good shots. I think they'll be in pretty good shape if they limit Michigan State's extra opportunities and avoid the turnovers that lead to run-outs/transition scores. Eric Hunter seems to be rounding back into good form on offense, and hopefully that continues. The Boilers will also need help in the backcourt from Jaden Ivey and Brandon Newman, and if Big Tre Williams can stay on the court, he poses a big problem for the Spartans inside. He had 26/9/2 last time around in 26 minutes of action.

This is a big one for Purdue, but aren't they all? They sit @ 8-6 in conference play (6th), a half game behind Wisconsin and one game behind Iowa. Michigan State could keep its flickering hopes alive with a bug road win.

In closing, I shall say I am thankful to be joining you this evening, as I have been off the grid for nearly 48 hours due to the winter storm that hit Texas and caused a massive power outage. Thankfully, I could rely on good ol pioneer moxy to see me through.... :)

4nFB7P.gif

Boiler up my friends.....

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i

Last edited:
Welcome to winter, Ladies and Gentlemen! This evening, it's the return game between the Michigan State Spartans and the Purdue Boilermakers in Mackey Arena. Tip coming up in less than an hour, scheduled for 7:00 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on ESPN>

Back on January 8, the Boilers rallied from a large deficit to stun the Spartans 55-544 in East Lansing on Trevion Williams short jumper with a few seconds left. That started a four-game run for Purdue vaulting them up the conference standings. Since that run, the Boilers have dropped games to Michigan and on the road to Maryland and Minnesota while defeating Minnesota and Northwestern at home. Michigan State has dropped 5 of its last 7 and also had three games postponed.

Make no mistake, however, Michigan State is quite capable if they play well.....and they gave Purdue fits in the first half of the last game. The Boilers need to be ready for a strong showing and match the intensity.....and they naturally have to knock down the good shots. I think they'll be in pretty good shape if they limit Michigan State's extra opportunities and avoid the turnovers that lead to run-outs/transition scores. Eric Hunter seems to be rounding back into good form on offense, and hopefully that continues. The Boilers will also need help in the backcourt from Jaden Ivey and Brandon Newman, and if Big Tre Williams can stay on the court, he poses a big problem for the Spartans inside. He had 26/9/2 last time around in 26 minutes of action.

This is a big one for Purdue, but aren't they all? They sit @ 8-6 in conference play (6th), a half game behind Wisconsin and one game behind Iowa. Michigan State could keep its flickering hopes alive with a bug road win.

In closing, I shall say I am thankful to be joining you this evening, as I have been off the grid for nearly 48 hours due to the winter storm that hit Texas and caused a massive power outage. Thankfully, I could rely on good ol pioneer moxy to see me through.... :)

4nFB7P.gif

Boiler up my friends.....

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i
Measured a foot behind my house and so tomorrow I'll have to decide on a tractor to work the 650 ft driveway . ;( but for now it is Purdue basketball. Gotta finalize my game plan since Purdue lost with bulleit. Might just go to some knobs creek?

Measured a foot behind my house and so tomorrow I'll have to decide on a tractor to work the 650 ft driveway . ;( but for now it is Purdue basketball. Gotta finalize my game plan since Purdue lost with bulleit. Might just go to some knobs creek?
Kubota diesel 4WD ... and Bulleitt let you donw??? Yowzer --- close to St. Paddys ... I think Jameson cask strength.

Reactions: TX4GB
Kubota diesel 4WD ... and Bulleitt let you donw??? Yowzer --- close to St. Paddys ... I think Jameson cask strength.
Got a wd45 wth blade on it and rural king 37 hp 4wd yammer diesel but currently with a grapple on it and would put loader on it rather than removing backhoe to install blade. Probably do the easist...WD45. Got Jameson but it is not in freezer and behind a few bottles . Thought about Jameson the other day at meijiers..

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Got a wd45 wth blade on it and rural king 37 hp 4wd yammer diesel but currently with a grapple on it and would put loader on it rather than removing backhoe to install blade. Probably do the easist...WD45. Got Jameson but it is not in freezer and behind a few bottles . Thought about Jameson the other day at meijiers..
You the TOY-man

• Love
Reactions: tjreese

Personally I would go Black Bush.

Got about 500 foot of drive. A foot here which is unheard of. Neighbor used his tractor to help me out.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT