ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue gets Michigan State

Purdue is the superior team but better come in ready for a fight. Take care of the ball. Hit the glass hard. Make free throws. Match MSU's intensity/sense of urgency.

I recall reading that every national champion this century has won at least one game in their conference tournament.

I feel we come out firing on all cylinders and this is a double digit win! Let’s make it a statement game! BTFU 🖤💛🏀
I fear them having a game behind starts out hot and Purdue wins in the last 10 minutes of the game when their fatigue may set in. Booker will start again...and may play more against Purdue this time...just running the court against Zach

Reactions: SKYDOG
I fear them having a game behind starts out hot and Purdue wins in the last 10 minutes of the game when their fatigue may set in. Booker will start again...and may play more against Purdue this time...just running the court against Zach
I'm a little concerned about a fast start.
Thursday teams *sometimes* have an initial edge in the quarter final because they've already played v. the double bye teams that are just getting started.

On the other hand, I don't think fatigue will be a factor. Maybe if MSU makes it to Sunday, but probably not tomorrow.

We'll see, I guess

I'm a little concerned about a fast start.
Thursday teams *sometimes* have an initial edge in the quarter final because they've already played v. the double bye teams that are just getting started.

On the other hand, I don't think fatigue will be a factor. Maybe if MSU makes it to Sunday, but probably not tomorrow.

We'll see, I guess
probably depends on how hard Purdue plays as far as any fatigue showing up late in the game. Can't have Booker going wild behind the arc and Zach seeing the hack a Zach

probably depends on how hard Purdue plays as far as any fatigue showing up late in the game. Can't have Booker going wild behind the arc and Zach seeing the hack a Zach
Zack also got to make quick reads when he gets the ball and keep the ball high, msu likes their guards collapsing on opposing bigs to create steals or blocks. Minny must have had 8 or 9 of these today. We have to keep their guards in check too

Zack also got to make quick reads when he gets the ball and keep the ball high, msu likes their guards collapsing on opposing bigs to create steals or blocks. Minny must have had 8 or 9 of these today. We have to keep their guards in check too
Well, if the guards dig down they leave one of Purdue's 1-3 open. 1-3 need to position themselves so Zach can easily see them and pass fake inside a bit and see if they move. Izzo has not been one to want to double Zach and so I don't know if the guards will go down to dig at the ball or scrape on baseline passes or just double with a 4. Nothing will happen that Purdue has not seen before. It is all about execution...which can flourish if the calls are made. We know MSU has talent and are "capable" at any point of time in being very good...they just haven't been there most of the season. In a one game scenario any team that plays better than usual can get the W many times. Booker is that player that has a VERY high ceiling, but has played on the floor much of the year. If he is no factor and nothing unusual happens to Purdue the Boilers should win.

If not there will be some happy posters that didn't want Purdue playing in the BTT. So, there will be happy Purdue fans win or lose.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Edey will again destroy Booker at the basket and we’ll see if Booker can stay out of foul trouble.

Reactions: tjreese
Edey will again destroy Booker at the basket and we’ll see if Booker can stay out of foul trouble.
No question if Booker is playing one on one. If they use another bigger body (Sissoko) on Zach to hold ground and have Booker come behind the body then he can get to some shots (can't do that when Mason is in if Zach sees Mason). That isn't the issue anyway. It is can Booker stroke a few behind the arc enough that it is a problem and run the court enough to get some quick downs or in transition. Nobody questioned his talent, it was always his motor. Illinois (Hawkins) basically conceded baskets to Zach when he got the ball deep and NW used fouls and bodies. Izzo has usually went on single coverage of Zach and tried to shut down the others. I expect a tough game and will pleasantly surprised if it isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionheart1
You still making her work. That’s mean. 😂
I got her just a bit over a decade in age. ;) Maybe in a couple of years if she is good and closer to retirement age. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
No question if Booker is playing one on one. If they use another bigger body (Sissoko) on Zach to hold ground and have Booker come behind the body then he can get to some shots (can't do that when Mason is in if Zach sees Mason). That isn't the issue anyway. It is can Booker stroke a few behind the arc enough that it is a problem and run the court enough to get some quick downs or in transition. Nobody questioned his talent, it was always his motor. Illinois (Hawkins) basically conceded baskets to Zach when he got the ball deep and NW used fouls and bodies. Izzo has usually went on single coverage of Zach and tried to shut down the others. I expect a tough game and will pleasantly surprised if it isn't.
msu played the guy from Utah and the guy w/ the slanted head alot underneath

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Check out Myles body language, pretty concerning if you ask me…

manchester united GIF

msu played the guy from Utah and the guy w/ the slanted head alot underneath
Not sure who is the utah guy but their usual players are not as much a concern as Booker going off from the perimeter, fouls not called in general, keeping Walker and Hall in check...and having good O and keeping them playing against Purdue in the half

Not sure who is the utah guy but their usual players are not as much a concern as Booker going off from the perimeter, fouls not called in general, keeping Walker and Hall in check...and having good O and keeping them playing against Purdue in the half
Kohler from Utah (who has good footwork according to bones podcast) and slanted head is cooper

Well I thought I didn't care whether we won or lost this game but I can already hear the Izzo/March stuff if we let them win.

Can we beat them and then let them advance to play the next game anyway?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think the question is can he stay in long enough to hit multiple outside shots so that it makes a big difference on how we have to defend him. Last game had 2 fouls in less than 5 minutes I believe.

Reactions: tjreese
I think the question is can he stay in long enough to hit multiple outside shots so that it makes a big difference on how we have to defend him. Last game had 2 fouls in less than 5 minutes I believe.
If he defends Zach. If he doesn’t and Sisko does, then he may not pick up the fouls. I don’t know if Izzy will play both together, but I think he could. Refs may not call much anyway.. problem is Hall wouldn’t be playing with the other two I doubt as that would remove Adkins. I just see Booker as the wildcard, but also don’t know the team other than a casual watch.

So many things that could come into play that t is hard to say. Zach needs to hit his FTs or he will get more opportunities if the game is close. Purdue has been pretty consistent playing well and is the team to beat, but MSU still has talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT