ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Brown

TD definitely has a right to think Brown is good enough to go P5. I have a right to think he's crazy LOL.
Think what you want. How many times have you sat in the stands and watched him? What are your qualifications to make your evaluation? Coached? Played beyond HS or in HS?

Time will tell who's right or wrong and you "think" what you want. I personally don't give a red rat's ass.

I've seen the kid play several times. Here's my thoughts, based on friends and contacts I have in the Blackford district and having seen him play the past 3 years:

1. He's almost a year older. Held back for growth/athletic reasons. Could help him as a freshman in college.
  2. He is slender, and could use another inch or two, but at 165#, he's solid...and he can gain weight if need be . He appears to be a legit 6' or 6'1".
  3. He's as good on the court as advertised. Doesn't turn the ball over, makes very good decisions.
  4. He makes his team better, which I believe should be the number one attribute when signing any player.
  5. He looks for, and finds the open man. He not only leads the state in scoring but in assists as well.
  6. He has, that I know of, 7 legit offers from D1 schools.
  7. Ball State is all over him. Could be his choice no matter what. But there have been discussions, with schools such as Butler, MSU, PU, IU, and other high majors.
  8. He's well coached and has great character.
  9. I think his defense is under-rated.
  10. He is the real deal.
I personally think, with another year, he's going to get offers from P5's, and I'd love to see him wearing black and gold instead of Cream and Crimson..

Is he as good as Hulls right now....I believe he's better. His game reminds me a lot of Mike Lewis'.
That’s what I think too except a better shooter than Lewis. I don’t understand how he’s not rated?

Every team has duds on their schedule. I know you've been going back and forth with Kyle and you were trying to make a point in favor of Brown. I get it. But using Blackhawks schedule as an example was not right. Their schedule/competition is nothing like what Brown plays against. I'm staying out of the Brown to PU conversation. Just want to make sure that those not familiar with the Fort's basketball, understand Furst plays against good players regularly.
Furst is a stud. The only drawback to getting guys like him, Trayce, and Lander is they’ll only want to stay a year or two. Morton could fall in that too if his shooting improves.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
I've seen the kid play several times. Here's my thoughts, based on friends and contacts I have in the Blackford district and having seen him play the past 3 years:

1. He's almost a year older. Held back for growth/athletic reasons. Could help him as a freshman in college.
  2. He is slender, and could use another inch or two, but at 165#, he's solid...and he can gain weight if need be . He appears to be a legit 6' or 6'1".
  3. He's as good on the court as advertised. Doesn't turn the ball over, makes very good decisions.
  4. He makes his team better, which I believe should be the number one attribute when signing any player.
  5. He looks for, and finds the open man. He not only leads the state in scoring but in assists as well.
  6. He has, that I know of, 7 legit offers from D1 schools.
  7. Ball State is all over him. Could be his choice no matter what. But there have been discussions, with schools such as Butler, MSU, PU, IU, and other high majors.
  8. He's well coached and has great character.
  9. I think his defense is under-rated.
  10. He is the real deal.
I personally think, with another year, he's going to get offers from P5's, and I'd love to see him wearing black and gold instead of Cream and Crimson..

Is he as good as Hulls right now....I believe he's better. His game reminds me a lot of Mike Lewis'.

Your 'real deal' guy that you believed was already better than Hulls is healthy and available! Just entered the portal.

Do you think he could answer gaps in Purdue's guard needs?

Last edited:
3 pts per game last year at Ball State. Already transferred once.

3 pts per game last year at Ball State. Already transferred once.
I watched Ball State play several times last year. Mainly because I like Luke Brown and kind of wanted him to end up at Purdue.

It's true that he struggled some. He was behind another guard in the rotation that is very similar to himself. Luke Bumbalough out of New Castle is a sophomore that has really established himself there. I think Luke Brown's late arrival on campus and being behind Bumbalough affected his confidence and aggressiveness. He wasn't even close to the same player I watched in high school. Last year was the first time in his basketball career that he wasn't "The Man" on a team and maybe he didn't handle it well.

Even though I don't think he will. I wouldn't be upset if Coach Painter offered Luke Brown a spot on the team. I still believe that player that put up massive numbers in Indiana High School Basketball can play and play well in the Big Ten.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
I'm wondering if he's headed somewhere like IWU where he's more likely to be able to be "the man" that he won't be at the D-1 level.

I watched Ball State play several times last year. Mainly because I like Luke Brown and kind of wanted him to end up at Purdue.

It's true that he struggled some. He was behind another guard in the rotation that is very similar to himself. Luke Bumbalough out of New Castle is a sophomore that has really established himself there. I think Luke Brown's late arrival on campus and being behind Bumbalough affected his confidence and aggressiveness. He wasn't even close to the same player I watched in high school. Last year was the first time in his basketball career that he wasn't "The Man" on a team and maybe he didn't handle it well.

Even though I don't think he will. I wouldn't be upset if Coach Painter offered Luke Brown a spot on the team. I still believe that player that put up massive numbers in Indiana High School Basketball can play and play well in the Big Ten.
Nice of you to support your guy but no way do we lose a 2023 spot for him.

No thanks. If you can’t be the man at Ball State, then you can’t be the man at a school in the Big Ten.
Brown signed with Stetson without meeting the coach....due to Covid. When he met the coach, for whatever reason, Luke didn't want to play for him. Dumb decision for Brown to sign without a face-to-face, so he came back to Ball U to a coach who had recruited him the most. Ball State wanted the kid, so he signed with the guy he knew.

Luke wasn't ready to replace Baumblough and was waiting his turn...remember he came in very late. And then BSU did what they should have done a year before...they fired their coach and Luke was left outside looking in again.

Don't be surprised if he returns to BSU with the hiring of Lewis. And if not, he'll play at a decent University for sure.

Lewis has been there for like a month though. He’s had time to understand what’s gonna happen. Sorry, the fact he put up points at Blackford means literally nothing. Another kid who got hyped up way to early in his life and the only way to sustain that was to go play at a small county school that plays Eastbrook and Mississinewa twice a year. He reminds me of smaller Matt Roth (the first guy who came to kind) with less range.

Brown signed with Stetson without meeting the coach....due to Covid. When he met the coach, for whatever reason, Luke didn't want to play for him. Dumb decision for Brown to sign without a face-to-face, so he came back to Ball U to a coach who had recruited him the most. Ball State wanted the kid, so he signed with the guy he knew.

Luke wasn't ready to replace Baumblough and was waiting his turn...remember he came in very late. And then BSU did what they should have done a year before...they fired their coach and Luke was left outside looking in again.

Don't be surprised if he returns to BSU with the hiring of Lewis. And if not, he'll play at a decent University for sure.
Hearing it wasn’t exactly his choice to remain at BSU.

Hey Vicky, Shouldn't you be back on the IU cesspool espousing your great knowledge of all things alcohol and driving 90 on a city street? I'm sure Courtdense values your opinion much more than the fine folks here.
Hey twinny? Can’t take a joke? I know when those vette guys see the taillights of a v6 sedan they act similarly to you.

Just maybe, if he claimed to have sources for Purdue, he would be fact-checked on this board more than his comfort level would allow.
Why are you here caring so much about what this board does? Don't you have your own place to be?

You certainly are not here to discuss sports or anything remotely like that other than harass posters here.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I’m saying my little Buick TR has shown many Vetts it’s taillights. On a lighter note, does the vette have any mods? Looks like a nice one.
Strictly stock. Heading to Lingenfelter's in Decatur next week for a few mods. Nice to have them 40 minutes away. Best corvette ever made and this is my 9th. BTW...faster than my Z06 from 0-60, My neighbor has two of your little Buicks. Also has a GTO rag top that is perfect.

Strictly stock. Heading to Lingenfelter's in Decatur next week for a few mods. Nice to have them 40 minutes away. Best corvette ever made and this is my 9th. BTW...faster than my Z06 from 0-60, My neighbor has two of your little Buicks. Also has a GTO rag top that is perfect.
Mine is an old build. Ran 11:60s consistently. Probably get in the 10s with e85 conversion. My buddies dad still has his original 65 GTO he bought new. 4:10 4 speed red with white interior.

Mine is an old build. Ran 11:60s consistently. Probably get in the 10s with e85 conversion. My buddies dad still has his original 65 GTO he bought new. 4:10 4 speed red with white interior.
I'd love to have that GTO. Even with gas prices.

Just got my '22 Silverado yesterday. First one of the new styles delivered by my dealer. They did one hell of a job on the interior this year.

You lost him again Twin!

Your prediction that "he'll play at a decent University for sure" consists of ... back to Stetson!

You lost him again Twin!

Your prediction that "he'll play at a decent University for sure" consists of ... back to Stetson!
I didn't lose anything. And Stetson is a very good school And Blackmon is going with him, so they'll have shooters for sure, and while Brown plays good defense, Blackmon is like his IU brother....can't guard a chair. I'm happy for a fine young man.

I don't think his parents moved back with him and still have a home down there. Glad for both the young men.

Tell us all this JM....whose the next IU player to screw up? I don't remember Brown or Blackmon getting in any trouble at all.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierfanJM
I didn't lose anything. And Stetson is a very good school And Blackmon is going with him, so they'll have shooters for sure, and while Brown plays good defense, Blackmon is like his IU brother....can't guard a chair. I'm happy for a fine young man.

I don't think his parents moved back with him and still have a home down there. Glad for both the young men.

Tell us all this JM....whose the next IU player to screw up? I don't remember Brown or Blackmon getting in any trouble at all.
Thought Luke Brown was a pure shooter. Didn’t know he’s a good defender too.

Don’t know much about Stetson as a school. Tell me more about why it’s very good—are you talking about academics or as a basketball destination?

Don’t know much about Stetson as a school. Tell me more about why it’s very good—are you talking about academics or as a basketball destination?
Not a great school academically but not too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoosierfanJM

They were 11-15 last year and have never made the NCAA tournament since they went D1 in 1971 and I don't believe have ever won their conference.

They are not a good basketball program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT