ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four

I think it's open season for starting spots after Smith and TKR. Loyer is likely but could certainly be passed by Harris at some point, and Heide will have to compete with Colvin and/or Catchings for his starting spot most likely. All three are athletic, but Heide is the least athletic of the 3. Luckily he plays great D already, and it remains to be seen if the other 2 can do that effectively.

I think the 4/5 starters will be the most interesting to watch. We have a ton of players that can fill these spots. Assuming TKR takes one you have Furst, Jacobsen, Berg that can start the 5 with TKR at the 4, and Catchings, Heide, and Burgess that could play the 4 with TKR at the 5. You have 4 players for 1 spot that can only play 4/5 and 2 more that can play the 3/4. Lots of competition in the front court this year.

Back court is a little more straight forward I think. Smith starts the 1 with Harris as backup, Loyer likely starts the 2 with Colvin/Harris as backup, Colvin/Heide/Catchings start the 3 with the others (depending on how the 4 breaks down above) as backup.

No clue where Benter, Cox, or Waddell fit in all this, they could be a pleasant surprise as well.
Benter RS…maybe cox too but he could be used for 3-5 min a game at Pg.

If Heide is least athletic of catchings him and Myles, than we are in a great spot with athleticism between those 3 cuz Heide is super athletic.

I think it's open season for starting spots after Smith and TKR. Loyer is likely but could certainly be passed by Harris at some point, and Heide will have to compete with Colvin and/or Catchings for his starting spot most likely. All three are athletic, but Heide is the least athletic of the 3. Luckily he plays great D already, and it remains to be seen if the other 2 can do that effectively.

I think the 4/5 starters will be the most interesting to watch. We have a ton of players that can fill these spots. Assuming TKR takes one you have Furst, Jacobsen, Berg that can start the 5 with TKR at the 4, and Catchings, Heide, and Burgess that could play the 4 with TKR at the 5. You have 4 players for 1 spot that can only play 4/5 and 2 more that can play the 3/4. Lots of competition in the front court this year.

Back court is a little more straight forward I think. Smith starts the 1 with Harris as backup, Loyer likely starts the 2 with Colvin/Harris as backup, Colvin/Heide/Catchings start the 3 with the others (depending on how the 4 breaks down above) as backup.

No clue where Benter, Cox, or Waddell fit in all this, they could be a pleasant surprise as well.
Not sure why you say Heide is the least athletic of the 3... All 3 look to have incredible athleticism. Heide made the 2 most athletic plays of they year with his layup against Rutgers & his put back in the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT