ADVERTISEMENT

Catchings and Release

IMO, who's the 4 and 5 doesn't really matter. You can play 2 bigs together, or you don't and Heide slides to the 4 in small lineups. I think the only thing we know for sure is that Smith, Loyer and TKR will start. Way too early to speculate on the rest of the lineup and minutes.

So if Trey is playing alongside Caleb you'd consider Trey to be the five?
Yes. Caleb should be working on his jumper this summer and get back to a mid 30s three percentage and he'll get significant minutes at the 4. TKR is way more likely to both post up and defend post ups next season than Furst IMO. You could also see some high low with First high and TKR low.

Reactions: northside100
Yes. Caleb should be working on his jumper this summer and get back to a mid 30s three percentage and he'll get significant minutes at the 4. TKR is way more likely to both post up and defend post ups next season than Furst IMO. You could also see some high low with First high and TKR low.
Not sure of the basis for the assumption that Trey is 'way more' likely to defend the post, but agree with the rest. Absolutely agree that Caleb needs to be able to knock down outside shots to play with Trey.

He has NBA talent…there are NO Purdue players on the roster that you can say that about.

If Glenn Robinson wanted guaranteed playing time….would Painter and Purdue be so stupid not to grant him such. Instead…show him the door. What a bunch of morons!

Now…I understand why there are no National Championship banners hanging from the rafters at Mackey.

Catchings was the gem in the incoming recruiting class. Don’t mess it up!
Seriously? Comparing Catchings to Glenn Robinson was your first mistake. If the kids is legit, he would have gotten plenty of playing time once he shows his worth. To decommit when he did just a few months before the Fall semester begins is a major red flag. I am not going to miss him.

I wanted to start a new thread just to use that title. Actually, I come to bury him, not to praise him.

The last time I watched him on court, Brownsburg was playing a tournament nail-biter, hanging on to a five-point lead in the final two minutes of regulation, and the purple people passed to Catchings. Instead of moving the ball and running off time with no shot-clock to force the offense, he stood until he drew a double-team from 25 feet out and then jacked a three-point brick that clanged so far away it started an easy fastbreak the other way that cut the lead to three.

Brownsburg managed to survive, winning in spite of him rather than because of him, at least until the bitter end.

The following was taken from the Fan Nation / Sports Illustrated report on the 2023 IHSAA Class 4A Semi-State final when Ben Davis defeated Brownsburg 66-38 …

“Brownsburg, which edged No. 9 Jennings County 51-47 in the semis, was able to put up more of a fight against the (Ben Davis) Giants, albeit for a half. Forward Elhadj Diallo, the only senior regular, led the Bulldogs with 15 points. Junior Kanon Catchings had 12 but was benched after mouthing off to a referee and receiving a technical foul with 5:24 remaining. That was in the middle of a 10-0 Giants run.”

“Catchings made just three of 12 shots, including one of seven 3-pointers.”

“The nephew of Hall of Famer Tamika Catchings could be heard trash-talking throughout the game. That fired up the Giants.”

Next he moved on to a basketball factory. Gotta wonder about that report card.
Yeah, you didn’t want him anyway.

I wanted to start a new thread just to use that title. Actually, I come to bury him, not to praise him.

The last time I watched him on court, Brownsburg was playing a tournament nail-biter, hanging on to a five-point lead in the final two minutes of regulation, and the purple people passed to Catchings. Instead of moving the ball and running off time with no shot-clock to force the offense, he stood until he drew a double-team from 25 feet out and then jacked a three-point brick that clanged so far away it started an easy fastbreak the other way that cut the lead to three.

Brownsburg managed to survive, winning in spite of him rather than because of him, at least until the bitter end.

The following was taken from the Fan Nation / Sports Illustrated report on the 2023 IHSAA Class 4A Semi-State final when Ben Davis defeated Brownsburg 66-38 …

“Brownsburg, which edged No. 9 Jennings County 51-47 in the semis, was able to put up more of a fight against the (Ben Davis) Giants, albeit for a half. Forward Elhadj Diallo, the only senior regular, led the Bulldogs with 15 points. Junior Kanon Catchings had 12 but was benched after mouthing off to a referee and receiving a technical foul with 5:24 remaining. That was in the middle of a 10-0 Giants run.”

“Catchings made just three of 12 shots, including one of seven 3-pointers.”

“The nephew of Hall of Famer Tamika Catchings could be heard trash-talking throughout the game. That fired up the Giants.”

Next he moved on to a basketball factory. Gotta wonder about that report card.
This kid was shaky from the start. I have always had reservations about Catchings because of his me-first attitude. Purdue will be better off without him. He is not a team player.

He may start, but he won’t finish unless he hits a higher percentage of free throws.
He hit 65 as a frosh. It's not like he needs miracle improvement. 65 is sufficient. 70 would match Edey.

He hit 65 as a frosh. It's not like he needs miracle improvement. 65 is sufficient. 70 would match Edey.
65% is not going to cut it late in games. When the game is on the line most players percentage goes down.

• Haha
Reactions: tbird2017
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT