ADVERTISEMENT

Love (to beat) the Drake

jindy

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 17, 2007
Title is for you Seinfeld fans. Boilermakers up 19 at the half. Oden and McLaughlin not shooting really well, though Karissa did hit 2 of her last 4 or so, including a couple 3's. Hardin playing well with 9 points so far. Had too many first quarter turnovers (haven't we heard that before?) but cut that back a lot before halftime to finish with "only" 9. Looks like defense is leading the way. Keep it up ladies!

Purdue volleyball tied at 1 set each at Michigan State in final regular season game by the way. A win would be their 14th in conference which would be a new high under Coach Shondell. A real accomplishment in this conference and given Purdue's relative youth.

Makolo didn't appear to have played tonight. Anyone know why that may be the case. Purdue has played 9 tonight so would've thought she'd be one of them. Lead hovering between 14 and 18 late in 3rd quarter. Farquhar had 4 early turnovers but having a pretty strong game on boards.

20 point win against a team that came in 4 & 1, with wins over Creighton and Iowa State. Need to build on this and follow up with another. Shooting looked to start slow and improve throughout game, same with turnovers(majority came in first quarter). Balanced scoring with five with 9 or more points, including Harris with a double-double. McLaughlin shot better after a slow start - hope this is the beginning of a hot(or even warm) stretch for her.

Edit: Volleyball finishes off a tough 5 set win at Michigan State to win their 14th conference game. May have an outside shot at hosting first round games in NCAA tournament. Rated around #23 in RPI last I saw.

Last edited:
Hope Mokolo isn;t hurt. She has been good, We better be good. Indiana just beat South Carolina and we will find out soon what that means.

Reactions: DocRon
Hope Mokolo isn;t hurt. She has been good, We better be good. Indiana just beat South Carolina and we will find out soon what that means.

Yeah, good win for iu(threw up in my mouth a little while typing that). They lost by 15 to Baylor today(now I feel better). Hope so too about Mokolo - she's provided some early spark and Purdue will need that depth this season.

Title is for you Seinfeld fans. Boilermakers up 19 at the half. Oden and McLaughlin not shooting really well, though Karissa did hit 2 of her last 4 or so, including a couple 3's. Hardin playing well with 9 points so far. Had too many first quarter turnovers (haven't we heard that before?) but cut that back a lot before halftime to finish with "only" 9. Looks like defense is leading the way. Keep it up ladies!

Purdue volleyball tied at 1 set each at Michigan State in final regular season game by the way. A win would be their 14th in conference which would be a new high under Coach Shondell. A real accomplishment in this conference and given Purdue's relative youth.
Actually I believe the volleyball team won 16 league games under Shondell in 2011. But to win the last two games on the road both in 5 sets after trailing is a great accomplishment. So pleased for Coach Shondell and the team.

Reactions: jindy
Actually I believe the volleyball team won 16 league games under Shondell in 2011. But to win the last two games on the road both in 5 sets after trailing is a great accomplishment. So pleased for Coach Shondell and the team.

You're absolutely correct(and thus I'm wrong). Thought I'd read that in the Purdue sports article about the team. Thanks for catching that. Either way, good season for them - hopefully they make some noise in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT