ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a PG and looking at Kristian Lander....

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
Painter and Purdue offered Lander at the time he signed for IU. So had lots of other top D1 program including a lot of B10 and SEC teams.

I know, I've made fun of his hair, for his signing with IU too soon, but the kid was a 5 star as a Junior in HS.

He has to same abilities but didn't get to show them at IU. He's two years more mature, has played some in the league, and Painter is a hell of lot better coach at developing players than Lil' Arch is or Woody is.

Why not try him at PU if he'd come.

And maybe....just maybe there's a huge hair salon that would pay him for hair commercials.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Painter and Purdue offered Lander at the time he signed for IU. So had lots of other top D1 program including a lot of B10 and SEC teams.

I know, I've made fun of his hair, for his signing with IU too soon, but the kid was a 5 star as a Junior in HS.

He has to same abilities but didn't get to show them at IU. He's two years more mature, has played some in the league, and Painter is a hell of lot better coach at developing players than Lil' Arch is or Woody is.

And maybe....just maybe there's a huge hair salon that would pay him for hair commercials.
Hard pass.

Reactions: johnboiler123

He isn't that good

Why? There should be a lot of motivation. I guess he could play for UE since all their players have departed the program
He was terrible every single time he stepped on the court. Looked like a 3rd grader out there. I would have rather had Phinisee if we are looking for IU leftovers.

And maybe....just maybe there's a huge hair salon that would pay him for hair

I'll ride with what we already have instead of being desperate enough to offer Lander.

Is he wanting to start? Would he be ok backing up a freshman? Is he good on defense? Will be work hard or be a cancer?

Honestly, it’s not the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of, but a former 5* guy might have an ego. I wouldn’t want him to be a pain in the ass. I don’t know anything about the kid.

I’d rather have a senior or so with Smith and DGL coming up. Just sayin.

Reactions: Rittman
He’s not a BiG / P5-6 level player. Even when the Indinia fans were raving about him, you could see he was out of his element.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rittman

If he’s all we can afford, then I guess he’s better than a walkon.

Is he wanting to start? Would he be ok backing up a freshman? Is he good on defense? Will be work hard or be a cancer?

Honestly, it’s not the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of, but a former 5* guy might have an ego. I wouldn’t want him to be a pain in the ass. I don’t know anything about the kid.

I’d rather have a senior or so with Smith and DGL coming up. Just sayin.
Is he wanting to start? Yes

Would he be ok backing up a freshman? No

Will he work hard? ehhh, kinda but not really

or be a cancer? Nice kid. Gets depressed and tweets about it which should be addressed and is worrisome. Excellent student

Last edited:
Big fat no. If he's the best we can get, just forget it and go with who we have. Why would we want the frustration of watching him be bad for us??

I think it's important to separate the kid from the school. Look, I hate IU as much as the next guy, but damn. Hasn't Lander been kicked around enough by both fan bases?

If the staff reaches out and he's interested, I would welcome him. The stable ain't exactly full right now.

I think it's important to separate the kid from the school. Look, I hate IU as much as the next guy, but damn. Hasn't Lander been kicked around enough by both fan bases?

If the staff reaches out and he's interested, I would welcome him. The stable ain't exactly full right now.
I would welcome him if he was any good, he hasn’t shown anything that he is. Some 5 stars miss, he’s looking like 1 that did.

No, no, and F#ck NO...

2 more years to develop in high school? Heard he should still be in high school and that's why he was on of the worst players in the B1G the last 2 years.

2 more years to develop in high school? Heard he should still be in high school and that's why he was on of the worst players in the B1G the last 2 years.
Next: High schools will be included in the portal system so that promising players who need more development can go back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT