ADVERTISEMENT

Lol the bane and price of being a Purdue fan

SLoopBoiler

Senior
Feb 11, 2002
typical Purdue sports fan life.

At the same time Purdue basketball putsin one of the biggest chokes in history, one of Purdue wrestlers has one of the biggest upsets in history at NCAA.

Purdue’s 125 lb wrestler Matt Ramos, down 2 points with 15 seconds left, pins Iowa’s Spencer Lee in the semifinals. Lee was a 3-time returning NCAA champ looking for a mythical 4th title.

This is on the same upset scale as Dan Gable losing is last college match after winning 117 straight matches in 1970.

For the record I ache for Painter - good guy, does it right and clean, and is a great representative of our school.

At the same time Purdue basketball putsin one of the biggest chokes in history, one of Purdue wrestlers has one of the biggest upsets in history at NCAA.

Purdue’s 125 lb wrestler Matt Ramos, down 2 points with 15 seconds left, pins Iowa’s Spencer Lee in the semifinals. Lee was a 3-time returning NCAA champ looking for a mythical 4th title.

This is on the same upset scale as Dan Gable losing is last college match after winning 117 straight matches in 1970.

For the record I ache for Painter - good guy, does it right and clean, and is a great representative of our school.
I also feel terrible for Painter but why does this continue to happen to his teams.

Reactions: drewjin

Wow, that might be a bigger upset that 16 over 1 in the NCAA tourney... people that don't know wrestling might not appreciate that, but, just wow! Boiler up!

Reactions: Professor Emeritus

At least one Purdue athlete played their best when it mattered tonite!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT